+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Investment Banking Operations Job!!!

rswamina

Feb 16, 2016
WHat should be the NOC for Investment banking Operations Job? (Capital Market Operations)

Brief current role given below. 63 days to submit docs!!!

 Managing the Foreign Exchange and Money Market desk comprising of 10 members in supporting the Asia Pacific markets of BNP Paribas.
 Played a key role in the migration of the FXMM business from Hong Kong to Mumbai hub for the Asia Pacific markets. Ensured that the transition was smooth without affecting the quality of client service.
 Provide services to support part of Fixed income/Money markets/Forex products such as Inter-bank FX/MM, Corporate FX/MM, Non-deliverable Forward, Plain-vanilla Option, Complex Deposits etc. on the Regional Processing of FX/MM/CPD/FX Option for Asia Pacific sites.
 Catering to the Corporate and Interbank clients for 6 BNP Paribas APAC site
 Performing Supervisory Checks on a daily basis.
 Obtain all the necessary approvals required from compliance as per BNP Paribas policies before processing a Third Party payment as per client instructions.
 Provide on the job training to new joiners.
 Preparing Test Plan, Test Scenario and test cases for any particular project and closely liaise with the project team and IT team on the same.
 Direct contributor in preparing test cases and in the UAT testing of different possible scenario's in the migration project where the system was migrated from an application version to web version.
 Closely work with project management team for the development and change in the existing system.
 Coordination with the project management and development teams on a daily basis to update on the UAT testing done by the user and provide detailed feedback.
 Closely analyze STP Processing and work to increase STP without mismatch of Settlements Cash flows.
 Worked on systems like Kondor plus, FXT, Murex, Swift Alliance etc.
 Key contributor to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
 Co-ordinate with clients, global business partners, the Front Office, Middle Office, compliance, internal and external audit teams to ensure smooth business continuity.
 Conduct weekly/monthly video calls with Local BO of respective sites for discussion on previous month business related queries and also KPI numbers.
 Presenting monthly statistics to the Head of Operations on a monthly basis.
 Worked closely with the IT teams in Mumbai and Hong Kong in preparing different test cases and testing them in the UAT environment before giving the go ahead for the migration of the entire back office system to a internal web based system, thus helping the project to go live as per the schedule.

Jovita01

May 9, 2018
Hello, is NOC 1112 applicable for IB Ops middle office role? None of the others are a good match to this profile.

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello, is NOC 1112 applicable for IB Ops middle office role? None of the others are a good match to this profile.
Hey, I applied under NOC 1112 and received my CoPR last week :) I remember being very uncertain about the NOC codes when I was applying, I went with my gut feeling in the end. I would say don't think so much, you know what you do the best, match your duties with various NOC codes and understand what would be the best fit. I also made my mother go through my job duties written in the letter & the various NOC codes that I had shortlisted, and asked her to tell me what she thought was the best fit, that way you get a third persons point of view who does not know anything about your job which would be the situation of an immigration officer. Hope this helps! Happy to answer any further questions.

Jovita01

May 9, 2018
H
Hey, I applied under NOC 1112 and received my CoPR last week :) I remember being very uncertain about the NOC codes when I was applying, I went with my gut feeling in the end. I would say don't think so much, you know what you do the best, match your duties with various NOC codes and understand what would be the best fit. I also made my mother go through my job duties written in the letter & the various NOC codes that I had shortlisted, and asked her to tell me what she thought was the best fit, that way you get a third persons point of view who does not know anything about your job which would be the situation of an immigration officer. Hope this helps! Happy to answer any further questions.
Hey, thanks for this. I'm gonna go with NOC 1112. None of the others match anyway. Fingers crossed this works. Thanks again!

Reactions: HKV

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Hi All, I too am into IB operations profile, below are my roles and responsibilities provided by my employer:

• Involved in daily accounting & reconciliation for APAC, EMEA & North America based mutual fund clients between State Street & custodians
  • Calculation of discrepancy in corporate action events, shares entitlement, pricing and liaising with custodians and brokers on discrepancies in corporate action events
  • Investigating the exceptions outstanding and adjusting the same in State Street records system
  • To create, maintain and update procedures for assigned funds
  • Assisting Portfolio Admin analysts & Managers in getting resolution on aged exceptions
  • Initiating weekly proof and control calls with onshore teams and providing the updates and resolutions on identified risk related exceptions
  • Verifying activities performed by team members and ensuring the output production meets quality standards
  • To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient
  • Perform daily day end QC check activities and ensure that any internal errors are captured and concerned reconciler is informed to amend the same in our records
Support training of new hires as necessary

Does the said NOC code 1112 apply for this one too, kindly confirm, thanks

Tia12

Sep 22, 2018
I am also having the same confusion - I have been in profile for 5 years and below is the roles and resp. Can I go with NOC Code 1112? how do we get approval from the employers for that?
Derivative Documentation Analyst - Previous experience:
· Monitoring daily workflow queues and manually drafting vanilla and structured OTC Interest Rates Derivative trade confirmations using ISDA based templates and guidelines.

· Doing the 4 eye check of Confirmations to ensure whether they are in line with bookings and the legally approved templates and dispatching those to the clients on a timely basis.

· Focusing on T+1 execution of trades by ensuring accurate and timely dispatch of trade confirmations, considering the EMIR / Dodd-Frank guidelines.

· Adopting a proactive and aggressive approach to risk management and liaising directly with internal partners (Legal, Sales and Trading) on day-to-day basis to review and resolve the documentation discrepancies and also to understand and address any changes to service delivery.

Middle-Office Equity Derivatives - Current:

· Reconciliation of Trader's Risk products and positions to Firm books and records and investigation and resolution of breaks.

· Monitoring of specific system error queues, which require investigation and resolution to ensure the trade flows downstream.

· Circulating daily and weekly reports on key control activities to traders and operations teams.

· Performing Broker reconciliations and also reconciliation of upstream & downstream systems to ensure trade flows are complete.

· Addressing Back-office queries for Repo deals and co-coordinating with Front office desk to resolve the same.

· Monitoring and booking the corporate action events like Stock Dividends, Bonus Issue, Stock splits etc in downstream systems.

· Have sound knowledge on different asset classes, (Derivative products - Equity Options, Convertible Bonds, Warrants, IRD and Commodities) and perform related expiry checks on those.

· Has been working on process improvements and control enhancements - getting things automated, eliminating duplication/manual entries.

Tia12

Sep 22, 2018

What was you job profile?