+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Investment Banking Operations Job!!!

chiragsb

Nov 27, 2018
Hey, I applied under NOC 1112 and received my CoPR last week :) I remember being very uncertain about the NOC codes when I was applying, I went with my gut feeling in the end. I would say don't think so much, you know what you do the best, match your duties with various NOC codes and understand what would be the best fit. I also made my mother go through my job duties written in the letter & the various NOC codes that I had shortlisted, and asked her to tell me what she thought was the best fit, that way you get a third persons point of view who does not know anything about your job which would be the situation of an immigration officer. Hope this helps! Happy to answer any further questions.
hi, im in the same boat, i worked in a risk and pnl middle office is NOC 1112 the best for that?

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
hi, im in the same boat, i worked in a risk and pnl middle office is NOC 1112 the best for that?
That is what I applied under, however best to match your job duties with the NOC description and then just go with your gut feeling.

chiragsb

Nov 27, 2018
That is what I applied under, however best to match your job duties with the NOC description and then just go with your gut feeling.
hey, thanks for your reply, what area were you in at IB back-office. I was in risk and pnl and was wondering if i could apply under financial analyst. i was basically analysing trading profit and loss statements and helping the traders with risk calculation.

Himanshu@76453

Aug 6, 2018
Hello all,

Below are my job responsibilities and it seems it fits noc 1112. Also i checked a job opening in canada under job bank website link below and the job profile was same and noc 1112 was mentioned. I feel i can go ahead, any suggestions?

Link for job in canada - https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobposting/28936967?source=searchresults

My roles and responsibilities -

Job Responsibilities includes monitoring all type of corporate action events including Incomes (Dividends and Interest) in order to make sure each and every action is processed in clients accounting books as and when it is due for processing,
Identification of breaks during pre-reconciliation and to ensure the reconciliation of the same prior to pay date so that MT566 STP through thus resulting in timely and accurate payment to clients.
Identification of Agent Issues and highlighting them to seniors and raising it to agent bank for rectification, follow up till the issue gets resolved thus ensuring less breaks.
Identification of system’s technical issues and raising it to tech team to resolve them.
Working on cash amd stock breaks to clear them internally and ensuring there is nothing genuine outstanding payment in internals account which is due to client.
Handling Client queries and escalations by explaining them in detail reasons for delay or incorrect payment with proper back up and informing the action to be taken so that same does not re-occurs.
Prioritization of work and ensuring high value payments with more focus to blue print clients, considering auto credit and FX trading cut-offs to ensure timely and eliminate chances of error.
Perform daily and monthly fail STP analysis and highlighting any technical agent or human errors or any other issues which can be resolved to ensure STP..
Validate and process corporate action data.
Conducting internal audit for the team with internal auditors explaining core processing with adherence to.
Assistance with compliance functions.
Training new team members on system navigation and overview of asset servicing business with more detailed training on income and corporate action processing, market nuances, agent issues and exceptions.

Reactions: Elou

Elou

Jan 26, 2019
Hi Himanshu!

Did 1112 work for you with your duties?

And great idea with the job bank definitely worth checking!

Thanks!

Hello all,

Below are my job responsibilities and it seems it fits noc 1112. Also i checked a job opening in canada under job bank website link below and the job profile was same and noc 1112 was mentioned. I feel i can go ahead, any suggestions?

Link for job in canada - https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/jobsearch/jobposting/28936967?source=searchresults

My roles and responsibilities -

Job Responsibilities includes monitoring all type of corporate action events including Incomes (Dividends and Interest) in order to make sure each and every action is processed in clients accounting books as and when it is due for processing,
Identification of breaks during pre-reconciliation and to ensure the reconciliation of the same prior to pay date so that MT566 STP through thus resulting in timely and accurate payment to clients.
Identification of Agent Issues and highlighting them to seniors and raising it to agent bank for rectification, follow up till the issue gets resolved thus ensuring less breaks.
Identification of system’s technical issues and raising it to tech team to resolve them.
Working on cash amd stock breaks to clear them internally and ensuring there is nothing genuine outstanding payment in internals account which is due to client.
Handling Client queries and escalations by explaining them in detail reasons for delay or incorrect payment with proper back up and informing the action to be taken so that same does not re-occurs.
Prioritization of work and ensuring high value payments with more focus to blue print clients, considering auto credit and FX trading cut-offs to ensure timely and eliminate chances of error.
Perform daily and monthly fail STP analysis and highlighting any technical agent or human errors or any other issues which can be resolved to ensure STP..
Validate and process corporate action data.
Conducting internal audit for the team with internal auditors explaining core processing with adherence to.
Assistance with compliance functions.
Training new team members on system navigation and overview of asset servicing business with more detailed training on income and corporate action processing, market nuances, agent issues and exceptions.

merlz

May 25, 2019
Hey, Can anyone please advise on my NOC code? I am also confused between 1122, 4162 and 1112.

Senior Compliance Risk Analyst - Compliance and Control
· Supporting the yearly execution of the enterprise wide compliance risk assessment (EWCRA) as per defined timelines, assessed final output of previous year and incorporate deliverables into the current year plan and track progress of remedial actions including updating of compliance manuals related to CRA using best practices to provide visibility and transparency of status and issues in the CRA process thus ensuring smooth flow of the process
· Leading the platform testing process and execution testing of test scripts for various technical requirements which includes UAT testing (end to end) and preparing tactical user stories for various changes to be done in the CRA Tool.
· Actively engaged in Quality Assurance (QA) process, reporting and all the adhoc requests facilitated by the stakeholders.
· Generating and preparing of CRA Business results for all senior stakeholders
· Analyzing control gaps to identify the function related Gaps affecting the business, rules analysis for various policies related to various regulations.
· Preparing Training decks for various respondents and QA reviewers to get a better understanding of the process and CRA tool.
· Calculating and aggregating the conduct risk key risk frameworks for various policy risk to themes mapping.
· Assisting in the RCSA and CMRA calculation for Protiviti Risk Assessment business unit alignment

herin611

Jul 15, 2019
I am also having the same confusion - I have been in profile for 5 years and below is the roles and resp. Can I go with NOC Code 1112? how do we get approval from the employers for that?
Derivative Documentation Analyst - Previous experience:
· Monitoring daily workflow queues and manually drafting vanilla and structured OTC Interest Rates Derivative trade confirmations using ISDA based templates and guidelines.

· Doing the 4 eye check of Confirmations to ensure whether they are in line with bookings and the legally approved templates and dispatching those to the clients on a timely basis.

· Focusing on T+1 execution of trades by ensuring accurate and timely dispatch of trade confirmations, considering the EMIR / Dodd-Frank guidelines.

· Adopting a proactive and aggressive approach to risk management and liaising directly with internal partners (Legal, Sales and Trading) on day-to-day basis to review and resolve the documentation discrepancies and also to understand and address any changes to service delivery.

Middle-Office Equity Derivatives - Current:

· Reconciliation of Trader's Risk products and positions to Firm books and records and investigation and resolution of breaks.

· Monitoring of specific system error queues, which require investigation and resolution to ensure the trade flows downstream.

· Circulating daily and weekly reports on key control activities to traders and operations teams.

· Performing Broker reconciliations and also reconciliation of upstream & downstream systems to ensure trade flows are complete.

· Addressing Back-office queries for Repo deals and co-coordinating with Front office desk to resolve the same.

· Monitoring and booking the corporate action events like Stock Dividends, Bonus Issue, Stock splits etc in downstream systems.

· Have sound knowledge on different asset classes, (Derivative products - Equity Options, Convertible Bonds, Warrants, IRD and Commodities) and perform related expiry checks on those.

· Has been working on process improvements and control enhancements - getting things automated, eliminating duplication/manual entries.

Hi there,
Did you find any NOC Code for the profile you have mentioned because i was into the same profile for two tears and i am not able to find the NOC code. I know its been a year now. Can you please help me with the code if have applied for the PR?

merlz

May 25, 2019
Hi there,
Did you find any NOC Code for the profile you have mentioned because i was into the same profile for two tears and i am not able to find the NOC code. I know its been a year now. Can you please help me with the code if have applied for the PR?
Hey,

I am mostly going with NOC 1122 as that's the closest match.

Kirtii

Aug 18, 2019
Hi Himanshu,

My profile is also similar to yours, I have worked in Reconciliations, FX Settlements and Dealing

I want to know if 1112 code worked well for you or not? As I m really confused between code 0122 and 1112

Himanshu@76453

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Himanshu,

My profile is also similar to yours, I have worked in Reconciliations, FX Settlements and Dealing

I want to know if 1112 code worked well for you or not? As I m really confused between code 0122 and 1112

Hi Kirti,

I have not yet applied for this. Awaiting eca for my one year diploma.

Will update profile in October 2019.

Regards

Atharva

Dec 15, 2019
I am also having the same confusion - I have been in profile for 5 years and below is the roles and resp. Can I go with NOC Code 1112? how do we get approval from the employers for that?
· Monitoring daily workflow queues and manually drafting vanilla and structured OTC Interest Rates Derivative trade confirmations using ISDA based templates and guidelines.

· Doing the 4 eye check of Confirmations to ensure whether they are in line with bookings and the legally approved templates and dispatching those to the clients on a timely basis.

· Focusing on T+1 execution of trades by ensuring accurate and timely dispatch of trade confirmations, considering the EMIR / Dodd-Frank guidelines.

· Adopting a proactive and aggressive approach to risk management and liaising directly with internal partners (Legal, Sales and Trading) on day-to-day basis to review and resolve the documentation discrepancies and also to understand and address any changes to service delivery.

· Reconciliation of Trader's Risk products and positions to Firm books and records and investigation and resolution of breaks.

· Monitoring of specific system error queues, which require investigation and resolution to ensure the trade flows downstream.

· Circulating daily and weekly reports on key control activities to traders and operations teams.

· Performing Broker reconciliations and also reconciliation of upstream & downstream systems to ensure trade flows are complete.

· Addressing Back-office queries for Repo deals and co-coordinating with Front office desk to resolve the same.

· Monitoring and booking the corporate action events like Stock Dividends, Bonus Issue, Stock splits etc in downstream systems.

· Have sound knowledge on different asset classes, (Derivative products - Equity Options, Convertible Bonds, Warrants, IRD and Commodities) and perform related expiry checks on those.

· Has been working on process improvements and control enhancements - getting things automated, eliminating duplication/manual entries.
Which NOC did you choose finally ?

Atharva

Dec 15, 2019

Which NOC you are using for filling ?