+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Codes 2174 or 2175 for a full stack Web Developer?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
popoxee said:
I am a full stack dev, and I am actually using 2171

NOC does not really matter that much, as long as it is related to your job duties...
2170+ fit most of software/IT people
The issue is that currently, I have created a EE profile with 2174 but the below description for the NOC is killing me :-

2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software.

The job duties (except 2) matches in a way but as per the above note , I get confused because I work on web applications and MSI installers. All using C# .NET etc technologies.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
bellaluna said:
2173 can fit
2173 is for the software engineers and the job duties doesn't really match to mine. Will there be a rejection if I put 2174 and then immigration officer thinks its 2175 or 2173 ?

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
Hello guys,
I am struggling a bit to find out which the right NOC is for a frontend developer. I believe it falls under 217-X NOC group, but not sure about the exact one.

I have dealt with:
1. implementing client business logic of web-based applications using JavaScript Frameworks
2. implementing UI and general layout of a web application
3. establishing RESTful calls in order to exchange data with backend
4. performing tests to ensure right behaviour of the program
5. optimizing web application speed, efficiency, functionalities.

Thank you for your help.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Can I someone please help me clarifying my noc:

Design, develop and support databases, data marts, data dictionaries and metadata repositories
Lead data preparation activities including exploration, cleansing, validation, integration, transformation, and aggregation of data
Design and implement technical enhancements to the enterprise data warehouse, including database design, ETL processes, access and security
Develop of ETL processes and re-usable packages according to standards reflecting industry-specific best practices
Develop SQL queries and complex SQL joins, triggers and stored procedures
Participate in the analysis and resolution of issues related to information content, data integrity, integration, and performance
Conduct proactive database monitoring to identify performance improvement opportunities
Work as part of an application development team; create structured code for integration into larger systems, as well as documentation for ongoing maintenance in production environments
Work closely with Data Architects, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts and Business Intelligence Consultants
Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts

Thank you
did you choose 2174 or which one?
I also have business intelligence related experience...
To me all duties seem to match in 2174 but not related to software coding.. but we develop reports ... please suggest

manik782

Dec 21, 2017

Shahpuja

Sep 24, 2018

manik782

Dec 21, 2017
Thank you for your quick response. So have the Viza officer have approved your NOC 2175? Have you updated the code 2175 in your EOI?
no i didn't approved it from any visa officer. But i used the same code for EOI. well it doesn't matter whether you choose 2173,2174 or 2175 all are related to computer/software engineer. Make sure that your job duties matches the NOC code so that you doesn't get any issue in getting ITA.

Shahpuja

Sep 24, 2018
no i didn't approved it from any visa officer. But i used the same code for EOI. well it doesn't matter whether you choose 2173,2174 or 2175 all are related to computer/software engineer. Make sure that your job duties matches the NOC code so that you doesn't get any issue in getting ITA.
So, have you received your ITA?

Apr 20, 2019
I closely work with other developers and my main duties are to supply them restful APIs using node, PHP and python. I did not deal with front-end languages, such as HTML, CSS.
In my job profile:
1 I work with mobile app developers to provide them with APIs.
2 I generally create database and backends for clients and also communicate with them to prepare project reports and documents.
3. I test web-based applications with 3rd party tools.

Which NOC suits me 2174 or 2175?

sp081990

Aug 18, 2018
I closely work with other developers and my main duties are to supply them restful APIs using node, PHP and python. I did not deal with front-end languages, such as HTML, CSS.
In my job profile:
1 I work with mobile app developers to provide them with APIs.
2 I generally create database and backends for clients and also communicate with them to prepare project reports and documents.
3. I test web-based applications with 3rd party tools.

Which NOC suits me 2174 or 2175?

Hi gauravnarula29,

I am also having the same confusion.

Which NOC you have selected 2174 or 2175.

Prompt response would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

sanket203

Sep 21, 2019
My designation is senior software developer. I work as a fullstack java developer. my job duties include developing the web applications. I look into both front end and back end development such as database as well as UI. but my designation does not say web developer. what will be my NOC 2174 or 2175?

harpreetkour

Aug 19, 2019
I am a web developer but I don't have done a degree in computer science. I studied business instead. Is the 2075 NOC Code appropriate for me?