+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code mentioned wrong

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
Hi friends,

I received an ITA on 4th Jan'2017 under CEC. I am a Financial Services Manager in Bank of Montreal. My job is similar to Financial Services Representative but when I created my express entry profile, I mentioned NOC code as Financial Manager (0111) but my roles and duties are more close match to those of Financial Services Representative (NOC 6235).

Although, I haven't claimed any points for 0 category.

Can I change my NOC code to 6235 before submitting e-APR and mention that in LOE?

Please assist.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ts19 said:
Hi friends,

I received an ITA on 4th Jan'2017 under CEC. I am a Financial Services Manager in Bank of Montreal. My job is similar to Financial Services Representative but when I created my express entry profile, I mentioned NOC code as Financial Manager (0111) but my roles and duties are more close match to those of Financial Services Representative (NOC 6235).

Although, I haven't claimed any points for 0 category.

Can I change my NOC code to 6235 before submitting e-APR and mention that in LOE?

Please assist.
If you are a direct ITA applicant, yes, you can change your NOC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ts19 said:
Thank you for your reply.

But what do you mean by direct ITA applicant?
What is your CRS? Did you have get nominated by any province (600 points) to get ITA?

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
My CRS is 507. I am not nominated by any province. I got an ITA under CEC based on my canadian experience.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ts19 said:
My CRS is 507. I am not nominated by any province. I got an ITA under CEC based on my canadian experience.
Then, you are good to go. Update the NOC and explain in LOE.

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
Thank you so much my friend.

But do we have something mentioned on the CIC website like this?

I am sorry but just to make sure

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ts19 said:
Thank you so much my friend.

But do we have something mentioned on the CIC website like this?

I am sorry but just to make sure
There isn't explicitly, but there are the officers checks. They check that between you getting the ita and submitting that any changes you made don't affect your ita. If they don't, then you are good to go. Lots of people here have changed their noc post ita once they receive their reference letters back. I think cic are aware lots of their NoCs are similar. As long as it's still skilled you are good to go!

sollybabe

Jan 10, 2017
Hello Stanlee,

The NOC code on my express entry profile was 0911 and that was what I used when I applied for ONIP. I was nominated but my nomination certificate was delivered to me after I got ITA. The NOC code 0113 is what is on the certificate. Both are similar and falls under NOC "O" which means i'm eligible as it doesn't affect my CRS score. I have however adjusted my reference letters more in line with NOC code 0113. Is it safe for me to change the NOC code to 0113 as written on my PNP certificate and back it up with a letter of explanation in my eAPR?

JuanArraiol

Sep 22, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am applying to PR through CEC but I have a big doubt about the NOC code. My job title is Senior Manufacturing Technician and my job duties are the following:

- Maintains a tidy and safe work area.
- Works on manufacturing and packaging of products.
- Works on routine assignments following Standards Operating Procedures (SOP's), Master Batch Records and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Works in conjunction with other Manufacturing Technicians under the guidance os a team leader and the manufacturing manager. Performs specific unit tasks on reactors, centrifuges, and dries.
- Cleans (manually and CIP) and assembles equipment for production.
- Cleans manufacturing areas, including walls, ceilings, and floors.\
- Complies with all established SOPs in the performance of the job. Adheres consistently to cGMPs.
- Complies with all safety-related procedures and practices personally in the area.
- Interact with department members to ensure production proceeds as scheduled.
- Receives well-defined instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Follows written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Master Batch Records.

After some research, I came across with this NOC code (9232 Central control and process operators, petroleum, gas and chemical processing) which I think is the closest to what I do:

Main duties

• Operate electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units
  • Control process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting
  • Monitor outside process equipment
  • Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipment
  • Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders
  • Shut down, isolate and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
  • Sample products, perform tests, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations, and write production logs
  • Develop operating procedures for normal operation, start-up or shut-down of unit
  • Participate in safety audits and programs and provide emergency response when required
  • Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
  • May rotate between different processing units during shift cycles
  • May work in a team with shared supervisory responsibilities and participate in training other workers
  • May be cross-trained in a skilled trade and work in the trade during shift cycles.
I would like to know if you people think this will work for me. I do some of the duties in the NOC code but my job description is not describing them (It is too general and it doesn't break down all the duties I actually do). I already spoke with HR department and they're not allowed to make any changes to the letter because of company policies.

One of the moderators gave me an idea of getting a letter from my supervisor describing my job duties and that's not possible to. Again, for company policies, only HR is allowed to provide any letter to employees.

Thanks

Raginne

Dec 21, 2022
Please does my Noc code fall under 6235 or which code. Need help urgently

Sell firms authorized investment banking products including mutual funds, treasury bills, fixed deposits and other ancillary services to existing and prospective clients

Open corporate and personal Investment bank accounts for clientele and assist clients with documentation

Attend to walk in customers and provide authorized telephone banking services to client queries on phone.

Provide client bank statement upon request, review Investment withdrawal forms and provide authorized online banking services

Aid clientele to achieve financial independence by recommending solutions that help achieve short and long term financial goals

Lead by establishing long-lasting relationships, servicing existing clients and prospecting for new ones

Attend interviews , conferences and meetings for the purposes of introducing , explaining and consulting for different categories of financial Investment products