+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Lead Software Tester or Test Lead

Jan 29, 2016
Hello,

I am working as a Test Lead (Software Testing) with around 8 Years of Experience in India. I am creating profile for express entry under Canada FSWP but i am confused between following NOC Codes:
1. 2173 - Software engineers and designers
2. 2283 - Information systems testing technicians

According to my role and designation, NOC Code 2173 is applicable but according to job responsibilities, NOC Code 2283 is applicable. I am describing my roles and responsibilities below. Please help me to decide the relevant NOC Code out of above 2 or any other relevant NOC Code.

Test Lead working for Banking and Insurance projects.
• Designed SIT test cases and Performed DWH testing and Integration testing
• Assisted in preparation of Test Plans and ensuring timely execution of the same and performed Internal Reviews and Peer Reviews
• Performed Regression testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional / Non Functional testing and preparation of Test Data
• Execution of test cases and logging defects in the Defect Management Tool i.e. Rally, QC etc.
• Worked as an ETL tester for Claim center for the US Client and prepared one document at the organization level on ETL testing artifacts.
• Done Automation testing using RFT and QTP tool
• Performed Requirement Analysis and participating in the Review Process
• Assisted in preparation of Test Plans and ensuring timely execution of the same
• Performed Regression testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional / Non Functional testing and preparation of Test Data
• Execution of test cases and logging defects in the Defect Management Tool
• Performed Requirement Analysis and participated in the review process i.e. peer reviews and internal reviews of test scenarios and test cases.
• Worked on System Testing of Android Handsets including Test designing, Test Case Development, Test Case enhancements, Verification and test case execution.
• Performed Customer Configuration Testing on different carrier images depending upon different market requirements.

Please let me know which NOC Code is applicable to this profile.

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
globalcitizenn said:
Hello,

I am working as a Test Lead (Software Testing) with around 8 Years of Experience in India. I am creating profile for express entry under Canada FSWP but i am confused between following NOC Codes:

According to my role and designation, NOC Code 2173 is applicable but according to roles and responsibilities, NOC Code 2283 is applicable. I am describing my roles and responsibilities below. Please help me to decide the relevant NOC Code out of above 2 or any other relevant NOC Code.

• Assisted in preparation of Test Plans and ensuring timely execution of the same and performed Internal Reviews and Peer Reviews
• Execution of test cases and logging defects in the Defect Management Tool i.e. Rally, QC etc.
• Worked as an ETL tester for Claim center for the Nationwide US Client and prepared one document at the organization level on ETL testing artifacts.
• Assisted in preparation of Test Plans and ensuring timely execution of the same
• Performed Requirement Analysis and participated in the review process i.e. peer reviews and internal reviews of test scenarios and test cases.
• Worked on System Testing of Android Handsets including Test designing, Test Case Development, Test Case enhancements, Verification and test case execution.
• Performed Customer Configuration Testing on different carrier images depending upon different market requirements.

Thanks.
Send your roles to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . They'll get back to you with the most appropriate NOC.
Good luck!

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
your job title doesnt matter, Canada doesnt care about your Job title. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MATTER. so choose a NOC where you have similar job duties.

Cheers

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
globalcitizenn said:
Hello,

According to my role and designation, NOC Code 2173 is applicable but according to job responsibilities, NOC Code 2283 is applicable. I am describing my roles and responsibilities below. Please help me to decide the relevant NOC Code out of above 2 or any other relevant NOC Code.

• Worked as an ETL tester for Claim center for the US Client and prepared one document at the organization level on ETL testing artifacts.

Thanks.
I had the similar confusion and I sent an email to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca.

I got a reply within one day and in-fact they asked more details regarding my education, type of work my company does, what education is required to get into your position in your company ....

Finally, they asked me to go with 2283 since it matches my job description.

2173 is more generic.

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks for your replies Folks!!!

@ india_user25:

So your profile is similar to my profile and job description? (Software Testing Profile)

Thanks.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
sivasagi said:
It should be 2173.
Almost same respinsibilities I had in my first two companies as software quality assurance engineer. I selected 2173 as software engineers. It is part of software engineering. now I am bit worried. I had 6 years and 7 months work exp as primary 2171 NOC. And i showed 2 years and 7 months quality assurance engineer exp as NOC 2173.

I sent email to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca today.

Anybody has any idea? If NOC code for quality assurance engineer was wrong, will it affect my application?

Jan 29, 2016
sivasagi said:
It should be 2173.
But the problem is 2173 doesn't consist of responsibilities which I mentioned in start of my post. Or simply 2173 consists of Softwate Tester, we should go for it even if my responsibilities doesn't match with NOC?

Nov 7, 2016
Hi globalcitizenn,

What is the status of your application.
I want to know about your query on the form about the NOC. I have the same role as yours, what did you decide on your NOC [Code 2173 or 2283]. Please let me know that would be of great help.

Thanks a ton!!!!

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
But the problem is 2173 doesn't consist of responsibilities which I mentioned in start of my post. Or simply 2173 consists of Softwate Tester, we should go for it even if my responsibilities doesn't match with NOC?
Hello - I started my career as a test engineer. Now i am a Test Manager. Would you guide me on what should i select my primary NOC please?

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
Almost same respinsibilities I had in my first two companies as software quality assurance engineer. I selected 2173 as software engineers. It is part of software engineering. now I am bit worried. I had 6 years and 7 months work exp as primary 2171 NOC. And i showed 2 years and 7 months quality assurance engineer exp as NOC 2173.

I sent email to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca today.

Anybody has any idea? If NOC code for quality assurance engineer was wrong, will it affect my application?
Hello - I started my career as a test engineer. Now i am a Test Manager. Would you guide me on what should i select my primary NOC please?