+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code advice

munmun1802

Jul 5, 2020
Hello All,
Need your valuable advice.
Firstly, I am an IT professional and hence I would need to decide on category - 2171 or 2174.
During my tenure with the different companies, I had different designations Software engineer, Technology Lead, and currently technical consultant/analysts.
My current role is best fit 2171 for technical consultant role.
My question is can I chose 2171 for technical lead also?
Thanks in advance.

munmun1802

Jul 5, 2020
Thank you so much for your time and for trying to explain here. To me, it looks overlap here between 2171/2173/2174, however, I am inclined towards 2171 as I am currently working in Canada on work permit with the noc code 2171.

My question here is my experience letter from my previous organization says technical lead on my IT company letterhead so how can I proof about my previous job roles and responsibility?

2171 : Information systems analysts and consultants

• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
  • Conduct business and technical studies
  • Design, develop, integrate, test and implement information systems business solutions
  • Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security, and service delivery
2173 : Software engineers and designers

• Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
  • Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
  • Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
  • Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
  • Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

2174 :

• Write, modify, integrate and test software code
  • Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
  • Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
  • Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
  • Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
  • Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
  • May research and evaluate a variety of software products.