+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC - Assistant Professor - Engineering College

nikhilgeorge

Jul 29, 2018

Hi,

My wife is working as the Assistant Professor in an Engineering College affiliated to the university. Kindly advice which NOC is suitable for her.

4011 - University professors and lecturers

• university lecturer
    • university professor
4021 - College and other vocational instructors
  • lecturer - college
  • lecturer, college
I am having this confusion because, she is working in a private college affiliated under the university. But she is under the college payroll and a direct staff of the college.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi,

My wife is working as the Assistant Professor in an Engineering College affiliated to the university. Kindly advice which NOC is suitable for her.

4011 - University professors and lecturers

• university lecturer
      • university professor
4021 - College and other vocational instructors

• lecturer - college
    • lecturer, college
I am having this confusion because, she is working in a private college affiliated under the university. But she is under the college payroll and a direct staff of the college.
U need to see her job responsibilities printed on the HR manual and compare that with both the nocs

nikhilgeorge

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

Both look similar to me, hence the confusion....
The responsibilities are also somewhat identical.
Is there an option where i can apply with both the NOCs.....?

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Both look similar to me, hence the confusion....
The responsibilities are also somewhat identical.
Is there an option where i can apply with both the NOCs.....?
As far as assistant professors are concerned,4011 is the noc code if they teach for graduates and/or undergraduates

nikhilgeorge

Jul 29, 2018
So you are saying that being an engineering assistant professor i should go with NOC 4011, eventhough i dont have a PHD and I'm not teaching in the university. (working in a private college affiliated under the university)

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
So you are saying that being an engineering assistant professor i should go with NOC 4011, eventhough i dont have a PHD and I'm not teaching in the university. (working in a private college affiliated under the university)
Yes even i was asked to go with 4011 having taught in a private engineering college affiliated to a university,i have also been through many profiles who had there pr smoothly done wd the given noc code...i am about to submit my documents this mnth end,lets see what happens!

nikhilgeorge

Jul 29, 2018
My score is not up there. Have to write IELTS again. Age is also another constrain.
Are there PNP streams where this occupation is in demand ?

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
My score is not up there. Have to write IELTS again. Age is also another constrain.
Are there PNP streams where this occupation is in demand ?
I am not sure if its in d demand list of any province yet,it was few years back bt i am unsure abt the current scenario....even i ws sailing under the same boat few mnths back waiting under pnp,bt rewriting the test improved my score...its better to reappear for the exam than wait for a pnp invitation!

nikhilgeorge

Jul 29, 2018
I am not sure if its in d demand list of any province yet,it was few years back bt i am unsure abt the current scenario....even i ws sailing under the same boat few mnths back waiting under pnp,bt rewriting the test improved my score...its better to reappear for the exam than wait for a pnp invitation!
Thanks...

mia88

May 9, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i got my ITA on the first of may with 4011...it doesnt matter what ur noc is wen u have a score above 450
Hey Sobia!
Im also planning to apply under noc 4011.
Which province did u select?

mia88

May 9, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Lahore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mia,we r juggling between toronto and alberta as of now,we might go wd toronto at d end,whats ur aor?
Thanks for the reply Sobia! Meera here! I still have to make a profile. Waiting to give my ielts. ECA is done but just doing my homework n research before entering the pool! Which province did you initially mention in ur application?

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply Sobia! Meera here! I still have to make a profile. Waiting to give my ielts. ECA is done but just doing my homework n research before entering the pool! Which province did you initially mention in ur application?
Hi meera,we selected ontario while submitting our profile as there r many universities and a good job market for noc 4011,its good u have done ur eca coz thats the nly thing which i suppose takes mre time...all d best for ur test