+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4012 Successful experience

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I did not get any form of document from the entity paying for my scholarship because they transfer 6 months of scholarship to the university and the corresponding department pays me a monthly scholarship. So I asked my university to give me a letter stating that I am receiving the scholarship and also asked them to list monthly compensation for the last year since we do not have any pay stubs.
Did that work for you? Can I also list my university as employer? Can a letter from the chairperson stating my JRF and SRF position work?

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Did that work for you? Can I also list my university as employer? Can a letter from the chairperson stating my JRF and SRF position work?
As far as I know eligibility is passed, so we might say it worked. Actually I kind of listed my PI as my employer, but since the university is paying I got an additional letter from them.

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
As far as I know eligibility is passed, so we might say it worked. Actually I kind of listed my PI as my employer, but since the university is paying I got an additional letter from them.

I have a query if you may please help me.

I did my PhD from India and worked as a TA/RA during my PhD under UGC fellowship. I have managed to get a letter from my supervisor stating my work during my fellowship period. UGC used to send my salary to my university, which would disburse it directly to my bank account. I worked as a Junior Research Fellow from 2011 til 2014 and as a Senior Research Fellow from 2014 till 2016. My salary as a JRF was 16,000 per month and as an SRF was 25,000, with an HRA of 30%. However, there came a notice by UGC which raised the salary of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. But the office order was released by my university in 2017 to pay the arrears of 3,000 per month retrospectively. I recently got the bank statements from my bank, which we unfortunately incomplete. But I do have a few entries sporadically where I can show the amount 16,000 and 25,000 credited. The arrears amount came in 2017, for which my bank did not give statement and I intend to request them again (which is a long process in India).

There are a few issues here:

1. The salary written in my reference letter for SRF is 28,000. My university has apparently lost the office order which raised my amount of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. I have the order number with me but they cannot trace it. If I got this I could have proven that I was getting 28,000.
  2. My university sometimes would disburse the money for odd periods. Forexample, they would disburse it for 1 month and 10 days. So in some bank entries the amount mentioned is 18,666.7 (an not 16,000). Similarly for SRF amounts. And some times they would merge this amount with House Rent Allowance and sometimes these two would be paid separately. And some times this would be compounded by paying salary for 3 months together, I tried bifurcating but doing it with all the entries is very complicated. How do I explain this in my explanation letter?
  3. If the chairperson of my department writes that I used to get SRF for 25,000 which got increased to 28,000 would that suffice?
Please help. Please suggest any other alternative documents which I can present to support my case. I would not be able to prove my work experience?

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020

I did my PhD from India and worked as a TA/RA during my PhD under UGC fellowship. I have managed to get a letter from my supervisor stating my work during my fellowship period. UGC used to send my salary to my university, which would disburse it directly to my bank account. I worked as a Junior Research Fellow from 2011 til 2014 and as a Senior Research Fellow from 2014 till 2016. My salary as a JRF was 16,000 per month and as an SRF was 25,000, with an HRA of 30%. However, there came a notice by UGC which raised the salary of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. But the office order was released by my university in 2017 to pay the arrears of 3,000 per month retrospectively. I recently got the bank statements from my bank, which we unfortunately incomplete. But I do have a few entries sporadically where I can show the amount 16,000 and 25,000 credited. The arrears amount came in 2017, for which my bank did not give statement and I intend to request them again (which is a long process in India).

1. The salary written in my reference letter for SRF is 28,000. My university has apparently lost the office order which raised my amount of SRF from 25,000 to 28,000. I have the order number with me but they cannot trace it. If I got this I could have proven that I was getting 28,000.
  2. My university sometimes would disburse the money for odd periods. Forexample, they would disburse it for 1 month and 10 days. So in some bank entries the amount mentioned is 18,666.7 (an not 16,000). Similarly for SRF amounts. And some times they would merge this amount with House Rent Allowance and sometimes these two would be paid separately. And some times this would be compounded by paying salary for 3 months together, I tried bifurcating but doing it with all the entries is very complicated. How do I explain this in my explanation letter?
  3. If the chairperson of my department writes that I used to get SRF for 25,000 which got increased to 28,000 would that suffice?
Please help. Please suggest any other alternative documents which I can present to support my case. I would not be able to prove my work experience?
In that case, I think a letter of explanation would do the work. Don't over stress yourself about it. Just explain what is going on in a separate letter. I submitted LOE for almost any issue that might raise a question, and I think that is why I passed eligibility much sooner than other FSW-O applicants with January AOR.

Reactions: curious_academician

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
In that case, I think a letter of explanation would do the work. Don't over stress yourself about it. Just explain what is going on in a separate letter. I submitted LOE for almost any issue that might raise a question, and I think that is why I passed eligibility much sooner than other FSW-O applicants with January AOR.
Thank you very much for your reply.

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Did IRCC do a verification check with your supervisor? Please respond.

hrsh_gulati

Sep 14, 2022

Hello Sir, I am facing same issue that I was getting CSIR stipned during my PhD now I want to apply for Canada PR. I want to know if I eligible for Express entry. What if my supervisor signed a reference letter for full time research experience. will it be consider for express entry?
Kindly help me for this please....