+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4012 Successful experience

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Dear,

I have been looking around for this topic of using the PHD from India (on scholarship and involved in research) as a work expereince for EE FSW.

My wife is in the same boat now. She joined an university as a Research assitant and later after 4 months joined as full time PHD candidate and did her work for almost 5 years. She was getting paid by some grant initially for an year and then from JRF funding. She can try to get a reference letter from her guide but payslips are not available.

I saw you have asked similar questions at mulitple places. I kindly request you if you could shed some light if this is possible and do request to share the reference letter format which will help in getting some relief.

Thank you in advance.
Hey!

Unfortunately, I have not applied myself yet so I don't have a reference letter yet. It seems like you may be eligible to apply but I don't really know much about the RAs outside of Canada. Also, payslips are not required but may be requested as additional proof of work experience.

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hello all!
I'm a 7th year PhD student in the US (international student, too) with a years of TA/RA experience. I'm planning on applying for EE through FSW. I had a couple of questions for you all here:
1) If my work experience was TA for the first year, then RA for 8 months, then TA for 3 months again, and then RA for the rest of my PhD - Can I still claim them as one 6-year-long experience under NOC 4012?
2) Is there some sort of a standardized form to request from HR/research advisor to prove the hours completed? Does anyone have examples of those documents, or knows where to look for them?
3) And generally, let's say my entry wasn't picked in the first drawing, does it stay in the pool for the next drawing and so on?
Thank you for advice!

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi
I recently got PR in March 2020 under noc 4012 for PhD with fellowship. You can email on mandakini15leo@gmail.com. yes it is possible. I never submitted pay slips. I can email you reference letter and answer other queries
Hi :) Congrats on your PR! I was wondering if you did your PhD in the US, or elsewhere? How did you prove the work experience? Thanks for your reply!

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019
Hi :) Congrats on your PR! I was wondering if you did your PhD in the US, or elsewhere? How did you prove the work experience? Thanks for your reply!
I did my PhD from India.
as far as i know about PhD from United States. you can show 15-20 hours per week as RA or TA. part time of 6 years will be considered as 3 years full time. there shouldn't be any break if 6 years. if you have 6 and half years and there is break of one or two months, then also it will complete 3 years full time. noc should be same.

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019
Hello all!
I'm a 7th year PhD student in the US (international student, too) with a years of TA/RA experience. I'm planning on applying for EE through FSW. I had a couple of questions for you all here:
1) If my work experience was TA for the first year, then RA for 8 months, then TA for 3 months again, and then RA for the rest of my PhD - Can I still claim them as one 6-year-long experience under NOC 4012?
2) Is there some sort of a standardized form to request from HR/research advisor to prove the hours completed? Does anyone have examples of those documents, or knows where to look for them?
3) And generally, let's say my entry wasn't picked in the first drawing, does it stay in the pool for the next drawing and so on?
Thank you for advice!
3. it's a point based system and draws are conducted. you will stay in pool and when you get invited, you will submit documents. last draw was at 478 points

Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
3. it's a point based system and draws are conducted. you will stay in pool and when you get invited, you will submit documents. last draw was at 478 points
Thank you :) I appreciate a quick response! Would you happen to have a copy of your job reference letter (if you're comfortable sharing)? I'm not sure how it's supposed to look like

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hi
I recently got PR in March 2020 under noc 4012 for PhD with fellowship. You can email on mandakini15leo@gmail.com. yes it is possible. I never submitted pay slips. I can email you reference letter and answer other queries
Hi!
I also would like to use my research experience during phd for EE application for FSW program. I have been receiving a scholarship regularly for 3.5 years now and I meet every single requirement stated under NOC 4012 for research assistants. My question is, does the work experience count I had during my first 1.5 years of phd during which I also had some classes, or do they only count the time I worked as a phd candidate? (which means only last 2 years) I am so confused, everybody says different things. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Mac237

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi!
I also would like to use my research experience during phd for EE application for FSW program. I have been receiving a scholarship regularly for 3.5 years now and I meet every single requirement stated under NOC 4012 for research assistants. My question is, does the work experience count I had during my first 1.5 years of phd during which I also had some classes, or do they only count the time I worked as a phd candidate? (which means only last 2 years) I am so confused, everybody says different things. Any help would be appreciated!
Hi! As long as you were paid and did paid work during the time you took classes, it should count. For instance, at the same time with taking classes, I TAd and was paid for 17.5 hours/week during that period. The requirement for NOC 4012 is to be enrolled in a post-secondary program, it doesn't say anything about not taking classes.

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019
can we connect on email? mandakini15leo@gmail.com

Hi!

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hi! As long as you were paid and did paid work during the time you took classes, it should count. For instance, at the same time with taking classes, I TAd and was paid for 17.5 hours/week during that period. The requirement for NOC 4012 is to be enrolled in a post-secondary program, it doesn't say anything about not taking classes.
Thank you so much for the reply! I hope it does, I am planning on completing my EE profile by the end of this month. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Linalin

Mac237

Nov 28, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm applying for the Express Entry under NOC 4012 FSW, as I had a full-time scholarship both during my Masters and PhD. I'd like to know if anyone had a successful experience getting the PPR under this NOC or if you have heard about a successful experience of someone in this same situation.
Thanks in advance!
Hi do you have any updates on this please

Mac237

Nov 28, 2020
Hi!
Hi, I have the same query. Do you have any updates on this please? Was your work experience counted during your class as well?

calis_s

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hi, I have the same query. Do you have any updates on this please? Was your work experience counted during your class as well?
Hi, I have applied but still yet to pass eligibility so I'm not sure if they counted that time or not. hopefully update here when I have a solid answer for you.