+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4012 job reference letter

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I'm a current PhD student in the US and I've just submitted my application and got my AOR last month, however, I was a little bit concerned about the job duties listed in my job reference letter, which was signed by my advisor. I only listed my duties as a research assistant. My official title was 'Graduate assistant' and I've got paid for 5 years. I did TA work for one semester but the course that I did my TA was not taught by my advisor so that's why I didn't include my TA work duties in my letter. Is it ok to claim NOC 4012 for solely based on RA duties? If my letter doesn't work, can I resubmit it by sending a webform? The duties listed in my letter are as follows:

He conducted experimental studies, simulations, and literature inquiries on polymeric-based hydrogel biomaterials. These duties included data analysis and dissemination.
• He used various experimental techniques to examine the properties of hydrogel-based biomaterials.
• He actively participated in weekly discussions with me in project status meetings.
• He collaborated with other members to address issues related more broadly to hydrogel-based biomaterials understudy in my lab.
• He supported me in writing and editing research articles on hydrogel-based biomaterials.
• He assisted in writing project proposals and the preparation of project results presentations to the broader national and international biomaterials community.

Thanks

Reactions: CamilaCCH

TedLA

May 12, 2020
I think it should be ok. I only have TA duties for 4012, and my eligibility is “recommend passed” now.

CamilaCCH

Jul 31, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm a current PhD student in the US and I've just submitted my application and got my AOR last month, however, I was a little bit concerned about the job duties listed in my job reference letter, which was signed by my advisor. I only listed my duties as a research assistant. My official title was 'Graduate assistant' and I've got paid for 5 years. I did TA work for one semester but the course that I did my TA was not taught by my advisor so that's why I didn't include my TA work duties in my letter. Is it ok to claim NOC 4012 for solely based on RA duties? If my letter doesn't work, can I resubmit it by sending a webform? The duties listed in my letter are as follows:

He conducted experimental studies, simulations, and literature inquiries on polymeric-based hydrogel biomaterials. These duties included data analysis and dissemination.
• He used various experimental techniques to examine the properties of hydrogel-based biomaterials.
• He actively participated in weekly discussions with me in project status meetings.
• He collaborated with other members to address issues related more broadly to hydrogel-based biomaterials understudy in my lab.
• He supported me in writing and editing research articles on hydrogel-based biomaterials.
• He assisted in writing project proposals and the preparation of project results presentations to the broader national and international biomaterials community.

Thanks
Hello! Do you have any news on your application? Wishing you the best! Could you please tell me which institution you put in as the "employer" in your "work history"? Was it the university you worked in or the funding agency that paid for your PhD? Also, I worked full time as a Graduate assistant while also studying full time as a PhD student. Do you think it would be a problem? Any help will be extremely appreciated! Cheers

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hello! Do you have any news on your application? Wishing you the best! Could you please tell me which institution you put in as the "employer" in your "work history"? Was it the university you worked in or the funding agency that paid for your PhD? Also, I worked full time as a Graduate assistant while also studying full time as a PhD student. Do you think it would be a problem? Any help will be extremely appreciated! Cheers
If you could provide payslip from the university, then it won't be a problem.