+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4011 vs NOC 4021? Which is suitable for me?

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
If you are working in a college which is affiliated to university then your NOC is 4021.
If you are working in a university its 4011.

I am not sure about autonomous colleges.

santu55

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi all,
I have somewhat tricky question.

Currently, I am working as an assistant professor in an engineering college that is affiliated to a University for last 2 years. So, NOC is 4021.
But, before working in my current college, I had also worked as an assistant professor for 2 years at a University itself. So, NOC is 4011. But, my duties and responsibilities at the University, where I had worked, match well with NOC 4021 instead of NOC 4011.

So, is it okay for me to go with NOC 4021 for EE PNP? Please advice me.

Pawan dhunna

Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I am working in a private affliated institution as a CAD (computer drafting) instructor & I have 1 yr of experience...Is it legit to include it into my profile or is it compulsory to be a teacher under college/uni as vocational.....plz suggest me...

Rahul@India

Nov 2, 2019
Hello Friends,
I have been working as an assistant professor in a technical college (Gives BE degree) which is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University.
I had completed M.Sc. and Ph.D in Mathematics. WES is done with Canadian Equivalency. IELTS CLB 7 done. 13 Years of teaching experience also do bit research .
Could you please suggest me which NOC is best for me 4021 or 4011 as I am confused ?

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Hello Friends,
I have been working as an assistant professor in a technical college (Gives BE degree) which is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University.
I had completed M.Sc. and Ph.D in Mathematics. WES is done with Canadian Equivalency. IELTS CLB 7 done. 13 Years of teaching experience also do bit research .
Could you please suggest me which NOC is best for me 4021 or 4011 as I am confused ?
NOC 4011 it is

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
I am so sorry. It is 4021.

4021 - Is for colleges affiliated to University.
4011 - is for university itself.

For both roles and responsibilities are almost same. Only the difference is body where u work.

I know this very well. Don't know how I mistakenly said 4011. It was a mistake and I apologize for it.

It is 4021 no doubt.

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello,
Why not 4021?
Actually, In 4011 they have mentioned University in all job titles.
and I have been working with Bachelors of Engineering college
NOC system is created for the job market in Canada, so you need to understand the difference between NOC 4011 & NOC 4021 from that perspective.

In Canada, colleges & universities are very different -- the former give diplomas/certificates and are usually shorter than 3 years, while the latter offer undergraduate degrees and usually require 3~4 years to complete. You can see this link for more details.

That being said, this Canadian system of college/university might not exist in your country. In USA, there is often no clear distinction between these two. For example, although Dartmouth College is called college, it is essentially a university because it provides undergrad degrees.

In my opinion, since the college you teach offers undergrad degrees, you probably want to pick NOC 4011. It has nothing to do with whether the college is affiliated to a university or not.

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
NOC system is created for the job market in Canada, so you need to understand the difference between NOC 4011 & NOC 4021 from that perspective.

In Canada, colleges & universities are very different -- the former give diplomas/certificates and are usually shorter than 3 years, while the latter offer undergraduate degrees and usually require 3~4 years to complete. You can see this link for more details.

That being said, this Canadian system of college/university might not exist in your country. In USA, there is often no clear distinction between these two. For example, although Dartmouth College is called college, it is essentially a university because it provides undergrad degrees.

In my opinion, since the college you teach offers undergrad degrees, you probably want to pick NOC 4011. It has nothing to do with whether the college is affiliated to a university or not.
As far as I know the rules may bend if your country follows a different system. Here in India, we have colleges which provides degree and considered as autonomous. UGC approves such colleges to give degrees and If you work in autonomous college or university then only you will select NOC 4011.

If you work in a college which is affiliated to a university in that case you have to select NOC 4011.

This information was passed to be my someone who was in the pool waiting for ITA. It may be right or wrong I am just sharing the information I have. Do your own research and see whats better option for you.

Sobiamirza

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
As far as I know the rules may bend if your country follows a different system. Here in India, we have colleges which provides degree and considered as autonomous. UGC approves such colleges to give degrees and If you work in autonomous college or university then only you will select NOC 4011.

If you work in a college which is affiliated to a university in that case you have to select NOC 4011.

This information was passed to be my someone who was in the pool waiting for ITA. It may be right or wrong I am just sharing the information I have. Do your own research and see whats better option for you.
Well i wrked as an assistant professor at a private engineering college which was affiliated to a university and Alhamdulillah my PR processing went smooth with noc 4011

Nov 21, 2019
I worked as an assistant professor in an engineering college which was affiliated to punjab technical university jallandhar . I applied with noc 4021 and got my PR within 6 months .
If u r working in university itself than noc is 4011.

Trishyy

Dec 23, 2019
Then it is a vocational institution (NOC 4021) as the material delivered is more hands on and experiential rather than theoretical like the bachelors of science. If your experience letter shows a similar description for NOC 4021, you will be fine. I did this and my experience letter and NOC selection was accepted.
Can i ask if i have not taken PhD yet, i only took masters outside Canada, can i use NOC 4021 if i am teaching BS Pharmacy outside Canada? Thank you

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Can i ask if i have not taken PhD yet, i only took masters outside Canada, can i use NOC 4021 if i am teaching BS Pharmacy outside Canada? Thank you
Depending on the country and the field, a doctoral degree may not be required to teach at colleges/universities.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello, I have a similar confusion.

The duties and responsibilities I have is similar to 4011 however, the qualifications needed is either phd or masters in the field of specialization. ( I have bachelors in Electrical and Electronics engineering and masters in Engineering Business management).

For 4021, the qualification matches with mine but that is for college teachers.

Which one should I select?
PS: I have teaching experience at a university but have bachelors in Electrical and Electronics engineering and masters in engineering Business management.