Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you, One_Topsy. I will keep it as one as per your advice.

I was under the impression that police clearance is still required from all the countries I've lived in regardless of whether I worked in that country or not. Isn't it so?
Yes, the police clearance is required for countries you've lived, but for the experience I think it's fine to leave it at one

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
guys i have been a developer but not related to a particular programming language..
we develop business intelligence reports and the sql queries as required..
primarily we used tools like business objects and tableu etc. to create reports and dashboards...
I chose NOC 2174 as of now to submit the profile.... as most of the duties there seem to match.. but they match according to the task.. but each duty says "software code"...
i am not sure if developing reports or dashboards can be considered as "software code" or "programming"...
so can someone please suggest me which NOC will be best fit for me?
Thank you..

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
You can merge as they are in the same country.
If you worked in another country, then you can split as you may require police clearance for each country.
Could you please check my job duties for NOC 2174 for programmer analyst? Thank you!

1) Jr. Programmer Analyst (4 months)

• Analyze, design and develop applications to the given specifications.

• Coordinated with business users to collect requirements.

• Involved in Test Planning, Test Designing, Requirements Mapping and Test Execution using HP QC.

• Prepared and maintained test data for executing test cases

• Perform functional testing with the business data and documented the results.

• Involved in creating and registering UNIX shell scripts to automate database operation.

• Analyzed system requirements and document entire software testing process accordingly.

• Designed, developed and tested various reports.

2) Programmer Analyst (19 months)

· Responsible for the development and maintenance of the oracle application modules according to the requirement.

· Implementing of order to cash cycle.

· Design an effective interface for all business requirements.

· Design detail specifications for all application development.

· Creating complex reports using Oracle D2k.

· Design the Oracle databases and evaluate all design and coding activities.

· Preparing the database activity plans for all deployment requirements.

· Developing PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions.

· Customizing the oracle application as per requirement with the help of various application developer modules.

· Implementing Oracle tools and scripts to identify any issues.

· Develop database model, stored procedures, sql scripts and automated test cases.

· Conducting back end testing on Oracle Database.

· Conducting back end testing, white box and black box testing, functionality testing, and integration testing, unit testing and regression testing on Oracle Database.

3) Sr. Programmer Analyst (10 months)

• Responsible for developing program specifications, writing code, performing unit testing, debugging programs and maintaining documentation.

• Developed interface/conversion scripts using PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions.

• Analyze and modify existing applications and processes, and provide recommendations for system and process improvements.

• Involved in translating business requirements into technical requirements and delivered application code that is fully tested and meets the business requirements.

• Reviewed peer codes and documented proof of concepts and database schemas.

• Analyzed key system metrics, create reports, and formulate conclusions and recommendations for improvements.

• Provided production support and troubleshooting on various issues.

Dec 5, 2018
Hi, I have old Work Permit under NOC Code 2174 but all my Duties and Responsibilities will tie with 2171 and my new Work Permit is also under 2171 too.

Which NOC Code I should be applying my PR?

Also, under new NOC Code: 2171 - I dont have minimum 1 year Experience still. What will be the best choice?

• Should I be selecting 2171, which is more suitable to my Roles and Resposnsibilities?
  • Should I be selecting 2174, which is accoridng to my Work Permit Experience?

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Can you please help me verify if these duties are good to go for 2174? MY ROLE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs
and requirements.
• Assist in design and development of applications based on business requirements.
• Upgrade and modify applications as per business needs.
• Assist in preparing project plan and technical and functional specifications.
• Perform code reviews and recommend improvements.
• Identify and troubleshoot coding issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project
within assigned timelines.
• Provide support in all phases of SDLC.
• Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations.
• Recommend new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability.