+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2174

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I initially thought of submitting my EE profile under NOC 2173, but after reading some of the threads on these forums, it looks like 2174 is a better fit. I am a software developer (Java primarily).

Here is my roles and responsibilities:

Interact with clients to collect business requirements, do analysis and design of the system
l Active interaction with clients and business users on a daily basis and act as a single point
of contact for the business users
l Active involvement in documenting requirements, creating prototypes for client review,
and estimating work effort
l Create PoC for business design of the system as needed
l Work with other developers and vendors in making design decisions, co-ordinate
development work with other teams in India and the U.K. and act as a single point of
contact for the clients
l Work extensively in the design of the system; use object oriented analysis and helped in
creating the class design
l Responsible for Development of core functional modules, this involved keen interaction
with team members and understanding of the requirements

Mr. Prasanna Raman also gained experience in technologies and tools including Java, J2EE,
JDBC, JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Spring Core, Junit 4, Eclipse, RAD, Windows 7, UNIX, Oracle
11g, Tomcat 7.

Could one of the experienced members here please review and let me know if 2174 seems a good fit for me?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

I initially thought of submitting my EE profile under NOC 2173, but after reading some of the threads on these forums, it looks like 2174 is a better fit. I am a software developer (Java primarily).

Interact with clients to collect business requirements, do analysis and design of the system
l Active interaction with clients and business users on a daily basis and act as a single point
l Active involvement in documenting requirements, creating prototypes for client review,
l Work with other developers and vendors in making design decisions, co-ordinate
development work with other teams in India and the U.K. and act as a single point of
contact for the clients
l Work extensively in the design of the system; use object oriented analysis and helped in
l Responsible for Development of core functional modules, this involved keen interaction

Mr. Prasanna Raman also gained experience in technologies and tools including Java, J2EE,
JDBC, JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Spring Core, Junit 4, Eclipse, RAD, Windows 7, UNIX, Oracle
11g, Tomcat 7.

Could one of the experienced members here please review and let me know if 2174 seems a good fit for me?
Are you a programmer?

doravmon

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

contact for the clients

11g, Tomcat 7.

I'm a developer too, I use 2174 for my NOC

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

contact for the clients

11g, Tomcat 7.

It seems pretty sufficient to me. Maybe also add that you write unit tests, and also if you do anything even remotely related to web developing mention that too.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you, everyone. Yes, I am a Java developer/programmer.

The roles/responsibilities I have copied here are directly from the experience letter from my previous company. This is what I plan on submitting as the experience letter.

I just want to know if this seems sufficient or if there's any cause for concern - as in it lacking in substance or not related to NOC 2174.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
For quick reference I've copied links to NOC's 2173 and 2174 here:

2173 - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2173

2174 - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2174

Thank you.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ofcourse buddy your NOC Code is 2174 . I am software developer too and use 2174 NOC code. So go for it. :)

prasanna1157 said:
Hello,

contact for the clients

11g, Tomcat 7.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you, prishah :) Do the members here feel I have enough substance for 2174, or is it lacking something? Because I see that 2174 is huge and covers a lot of different work areas, but I feel I've captured most of what I do on a day to day basis on my experience letter.

So, just seeking confirmation from the group here :)

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Also, while on this subject, I was with this company for 5 years. These roles and responsibilities are collective of what I did over 5 years across different projects and 2 different locations.

On my EE profile, should I just then list just my recent work city or divide it into 2 roles and 2 different cities? I ask this because I have only 1 common experience letter (the one that I've pasted in the first message of this thread) for both of those.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Like 3 or 4 people in the field have advise you go with it.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you. So, on my EE profile, should I just then list just my recent work city or divide it into 2 roles and 2 different cities? I ask this because I have only 1 common experience letter (the one that I've pasted in the first message of this thread) for both of those.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you. So, on my EE profile, should I just then list just my recent work city or divide it into 2 roles and 2 different cities? I ask this because I have only 1 common experience letter (the one that I've pasted in the first message of this thread) for both of those.
You can merge as they are in the same country.
If you worked in another country, then you can split as you may require police clearance for each country.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you, One_Topsy. I will keep it as one as per your advice.

I was under the impression that police clearance is still required from all the countries I've lived in regardless of whether I worked in that country or not. Isn't it so?