Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
I called CIC for an update on my application which was received by CIC on Dec 23rd 2014. However I was asked to wait for 10 weeks which the agent said would end on March 4th and post that too if I didn't have any update that I could call them for a status.

So it seems that as per the SLA for PER, CIC is meant to issue PER/NER as the case may be within 10 weeks. As we all know, that timeline has never really been met, I do hope they do atleast deposit the DD ....its high time I guess.

As of 25th Feb 2015, the DD was still uncleared as per my bank.

The wait continues :(

SuperCanada

Feb 22, 2015
Last Wednesday 25th Feb, 2015 I checked my application using my UCI in ECAS; the status is "In Process" indicating that they have received my application on 1st December, 2014. This morning Friday 27th Feb, 2015 I checked it again this time it shows a statement like this "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided..."; I have tried several times with the same information I have used when i got the first status "In Process" but still the same response "not able to identify...." I am just wondering what is going on. I will appreciate and thankful for any senior that could tell me what is happening?

My CC was charged on 23rd January, 2015 and until now I have not received my PER; is this normal? how long will it take to received a PER once you have charged? Thank you in advance for any reply. Best regards to everyone.

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
BittuPittu said:
Hi Pals,

Just want to know is thr any confirmation for our CAP filling (2172)
my 2172 was received on 29 Dec, called CIC today and the lady just said she cannot see the application in system yet. Its too early. Call after at least 2-4 weeks. looks like they havent opened the 2172 apps after 10 Dec yet.

Filipef

Feb 27, 2015
AMYAINDIA said:
my 2172 was received on 29 Dec, called CIC today and the lady just said she cannot see the application in system yet. Its too early. Call after at least 2-4 weeks. looks like they havent opened the 2172 apps after 10 Dec yet.
Did she confirm any personal info like full name, date of birth, etc? I called the CIC yesterday and the agent was able to confirm that it was received on Dec 24th. He even confirmed my e-mail address, mailing address and bate of birth...What does that mean? Because my date of birth is on the form only I guess so it could mean that they have opened it...He said he couldn't give any details about CAP or if it was under review...

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Hi Pals,

One of the whats up group related to our NOC 2172.. people are discussing that CAP is filled so jus want to know is that true.

zeeshan.139

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
we heard an applicant from 29th dec told us tht cic informed him that his application is under review and he was given uci number

so i guess if cap is full then why agent would have provided uci #

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Tht must b the good news for us But how come few people saying tht thr application cam back b cas of CAP filled and even CalCenter guys informed the same to few more guys ...But dont know 100% wht is happening.... :eek: :)

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
BittuPittu said:
Tht must b the good news for us But how come few people saying tht thr application cam back b cas of CAP filled and even CalCenter guys informed the same to few more guys ...But dont know 100% wht is happening.... :eek: :)
UCI is generated even if the app is returned due to any reason. So lets just wait couple of more weeks to see what happens.

abhilaksh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
My problem with this entire "2172 CAP FILLED" message that has been floating around is that anyone who posts it, only says that either they got the information from someone they know or that someone on some other thread got that as a reason for rejection.

No one has been able to say "I got rejected and it is confirmed that it is due to 2172 CAP being filled". To those that claim to have received their packets back stating CAP filled as reason, lets be realistic, people who were rejected in September/October are claiming to have received their packets last week...so how come December applicant packets are coming back already?

Another reason someone gave was that "they are opening all packets to check for job offers and the rest they are rejecting due to cap being filled". Now that is illogical as FSWP2014 did not have a "compulsory job offer clause". While, yes, it is quite possible that our applications would take a back seat to EE applications, which would result in longer processing times...especially for us December applicants, I do not believe they would apply the EE rules to FSWP2014 applicants.

All in all...I conclude that unless one of us actually receive our application back with a letter confirming that "you have been declined due to NOC2172 being capped" or an email to that effect or a clear response from the CIC customer care stating that the application is returned due to NOC 2172 being capped (which is rather far fetched because usually rejection reasons would not be disclosed by customer care centers usually...I could be wrong ofcourse, but in my limited knowledge of how they function this information should not be given out over the phone) we should really avoid spreading rumors.

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Hi Abhilaksh,

U got really wonderful point to think abt the CAP filling. lets hope all r rumors and expect our CC charged soon.
But any way every thing wil be concluded witin couple of weeks.
Do we have any body got charged aft 15th Dec reached application if so thn all r rumors... 8)

Thanks for that wonderful analysis.

Bittu

abhilaksh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
BittuPittu said:
Hi Abhilaksh,

U got really wonderful point to think abt the CAP filling. lets hope all r rumors and expect our CC charged soon.
But any way every thing wil be concluded witin couple of weeks.
Do we have any body got charged aft 15th Dec reached application if so thn all r rumors... 8)

Thanks for that wonderful analysis.

Bittu
To be honest, I am not saying that it is all rumours, but I am suggesting that people not spread rumours.

On the spreadsheet, there is one applicant from 22nd December 2014 who claims that his CC got charged on 30th Jan 2015, the authenticity of this information ofcourse is debatable.

I wish there were a way to know for sure, because there are some that claim that they called and were told that the NOC has capped and application has been returned, while others claim that when they called the agent told them they do not have information about NOC cap status. This makes you wonder.

Our personal experience when we called CIC, the first 2 occasions we weren't told anything...no details were asked from us...nothing was disclosed either. The 3rd time, name, date of birth etc was confirmed and then the agent confirmed that application was received on Dec 23rd and that was it. When asked whether NOC was capped, she said that she wasn't able to give that information and that all communication pertaining to our application would be communicated with out attorney in Canada.

We do plan on calling again today....let's see if we are directed to EE or whether we get shown a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Will keep you guys posted.

BittuPittu

Oct 21, 2014
Hi,

That would be really very much helpful to us to take a decision abt EE and thr is no perfect proof to say tht CAP is filled.