+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2171 IT Consultant Duties

Oct 2, 2014
Hello

Anyone who could advise on the below please? Deeply appreciate for the help.

Thanks
Ashley

shashankashley said:
Hello Members

Appreciate if you could help me with advising if the following could be considered for NOC 2171. I am in a huge dilemma since my title is referring to NOC 2172(Databases). I am not into database analyzing or administration but work on Systems which is used for Database activity monitoring.

Thanks
Ashley

Current Designation- Senior Systems Administrator- Database security operations.

• Plan and implement Guardium-IBM Database Security Monitoring Tool as per Information Security Risk and Audit requirement on priority systems to comply with SOX regulations.
• Collect the database port details from Database Administrator for configuring Guardium Monitoring.
• Create and generate Guardium audit reports for Information Security Log Review Team.
• Provide Guardium systems information to business partners and internal auditors.
• Keep Guardium systems updated by installing the latest patches or software versions.
• Perform Disaster Recovery and Resilience tests on Guardium systems to ensure availability at all times.
• Create Audit process, Purge, Archive and Backup processes within Guardium system as per the Information Security and Risk requirements.
• Follow Change Management procedures for Guardium implementations to avoid any impact on Hosts/Servers.
• Create and implement retention policy for archives and backups. Restoration of archived reports at the request of Information Security and Risk for forensic analysis.
• Define Operational Alerting for the Guardium infrastructure.
• Load Balancing of Guardium systems for optimal utilization and to avoid system failure.
• Creating documentation for the procedures related to Guardium systems.

ebi

Mar 8, 2014
Hi members
Could you please help me to know that my work experience is suitable for 2171 NOC

• Analyzing IT requirements within company and giving advice on information systems;
• Development of MIS system according to business requirement ;
• Planning a long term information system strategy for the company;
• Designing and implementing new information system business;
• Giving advice on using systems according to business needs;
• Documentation of company’s requirement in regard to IT;
• Defining scope and documentation of client’s requirements in order to design new information system business;
• Maintaining integrity between implemented and new systems;
• Providing link between clients and developers;
• Providing training and user guide to users of the new systems;
• Following approved issues with system development department;
• Considering proper user accesses according to company’s policy;
• IT project management;

Thanks

SYA

May 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All

This is highly required to get a proper, immigration accepted, format of Experience Letter here.

I therefore, request those peoples who have already obtained Canadian Visa based on the NOC 2171 code to provide a valid experience letter given that they could hide their confidential information from the letter.

Looking for your help urgently !

Thanks

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
SYA said:
Dear All

This is highly required to get a proper, immigration accepted, format of Experience Letter here.

I therefore, request those peoples who have already obtained Canadian Visa based on the NOC 2171 code to provide a valid experience letter given that they could hide their confidential information from the letter.

Looking for your help urgently !

Thanks
Yes right, people with NOC 2171 please give us a hand.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

Request if someone can advise please.

I'm holding 11 yrs of IT exp under NOC - 2171, so during the profile creation under work history when we specify each experiences under different roles and companies worked with, are we suppose to use same NOC code for all of them?

I worked for 4 companies, and started with Programmer -> Sr S/W Engg -> Sr S/W consultant -> Tech Lead.

Right now on ICT from my 4th company, so have used same NOC code for all of these. Am I correct here.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Please check and see if it fits the NOC 2171 requirement -

IT System Analyst (16-Jan-2014 to till now)
• Periodic Data collection and information synchronization of the IT equipment.
• Planning, designing, configuring, implementing and commissioning core network nodes.
• Estimate the expense of IT resources and third party service provider, budget allocation and negotiation on project basis.
• Identify potential security risks to the IT system; propose and implement practical solutions.
• Manage Project dependencies, determine critical path and ensure availability of contingency strategies in place.
• Design documents, flow-charts, network diagrams for supervisors and stakeholders to simplify decision making.
• Schedule, integrate, recommend, coordinate and review the installation and testing of new or upgraded IT products technical work of the project teams
• Coordinate and supervise system health check, link performance evaluation, corrective maintenance, fault analysis and troubleshooting.
• Install, test, maintain and propose IT software and perform occasional modification if needed.

IT System Maintenance Engineer (05-Sep-2012 to 15-Jan-2014)
o 24/7 monitoring and ensuring system performance and stability.
o Provide on-call technical support, responding to the queries of the clients and escalate to the supervisor case to case basis.
o Designing, maintaining and preparing periodic KPI reports, invoicing and keeping track of the service quality standardized by the authority.
o Playing team leader, training and motivating the incumbents, report the supervisor about overall team performance and advise necessary improvements.
o Conduct tasks in a team matrix environment.

Thanks in advance.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

One of my colleague has got the PR via EE in 2015 when its started. Below is the format he used and me too going to using the same format. As it worked. I gave this to my employer in a word format and asked to give in company's letter head in pdf which I got it.

Thought of sharing if someone needs it.

February 11, 2015

XXX Limited
Address of the company

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter confirms that XXX is currently employed with XXX, working at a client site for XXX, Canada in a regular full time position since July 1, 2012.

From July 1, 2012 until current, he has held the position of Technical Lead. His current gross base annual salary is XXX CAD working 40 hours per week. He is entitled to a performance bonus of up to a maximum of XXX CAD (7.5 % of his base salary).

Before his engagement with XXX Comapny, he held progressive positions within XXX Ltd India from April 2011 to June 2012.

The following were his main roles and responsibilities as Technical Lead (Code 2171) –
• Gather and understand Client’s business requirements.
• Coordinate with project teams for new project implementations in production as per Service Delivery policies.
• Responsible for daily calls with business to understand current issues in market and provide suggestions for solutions
• Reporting key measures to the client mangers and leadership on high priority issues & escalations to avoid business impact
• Single point of contact for Service Delivery Management (SDM) for corporate line of business
• Provide advice, technical analysis and solutions to issues for critical business areas of Interest, fee, payments, statements etc
• Prepare monthly management reports on service delivery statistics
• Proposing better solutions to business to avoid major issues
• Develop strong relationship with a variety of different customers to understand needs and translate needs into business opportunities.

Should you need any additional information, please contact me at XXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX

for XXX Limited,

XXX
Senior HR Manager

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Abhie said:
Please check and see if it fits the NOC 2171 requirement -

IT System Analyst (16-Jan-2014 to till now)
• Periodic Data collection and information synchronization of the IT equipment.
• Planning, designing, configuring, implementing and commissioning core network nodes.
• Estimate the expense of IT resources and third party service provider, budget allocation and negotiation on project basis.
• Identify potential security risks to the IT system; propose and implement practical solutions.
• Manage Project dependencies, determine critical path and ensure availability of contingency strategies in place.
• Design documents, flow-charts, network diagrams for supervisors and stakeholders to simplify decision making.
• Schedule, integrate, recommend, coordinate and review the installation and testing of new or upgraded IT products technical work of the project teams
• Coordinate and supervise system health check, link performance evaluation, corrective maintenance, fault analysis and troubleshooting.
• Install, test, maintain and propose IT software and perform occasional modification if needed.

IT System Maintenance Engineer (05-Sep-2012 to 15-Jan-2014)
o 24/7 monitoring and ensuring system performance and stability.
o Provide on-call technical support, responding to the queries of the clients and escalate to the supervisor case to case basis.
o Designing, maintaining and preparing periodic KPI reports, invoicing and keeping track of the service quality standardized by the authority.
o Playing team leader, training and motivating the incumbents, report the supervisor about overall team performance and advise necessary improvements.
o Conduct tasks in a team matrix environment.

Thanks in advance.
Please somebody check my job responsibilities to see whether it fits the bill

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Abhie said:
Please somebody check my job responsibilities to see whether it fits the bill
Hey....No need to provide the R&R separately for your positions as everything pertains to 2171.

Try to consolidated and reduce them to under 10 points. You can see the above format I provided, no need of dates too. Points looks good, but couple are repetitive and don't mention short forms such as KPI, try to explain in simple words which immigration can understand.

All the best...

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
santoshreddyc said:
Hey....No need to provide the R&R separately for your positions as everything pertains to 2171.

Try to consolidated and reduce them to under 10 points. You can see the above format I provided, no need of dates too. Points looks good, but couple are repetitive and don't mention short forms such as KPI, try to explain in simple words which immigration can understand.

All the best...
Thanks for your reply bro. Actually I provided R&R separately to keep it authentic, which let some of the points getting repeated within two R&R. Can u plz further point me out which ones seem repetitive to you? Thanks again!

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi Guys, my employment reference letter did have all 2 positions I had during the employment. It has only the latest position, and also in my PR application form I mention only the latest position. Is this fine? My concern is if I upload the initial job offer letter that has my previous position, will this be a showstopper? Please advise.

Also below is the duties & responsibilities mentioned in my reference letter for (NOC: 2171). please advise if it is good.
  • Preparing Design documents, data flow diagrams and Data Interface structures for Notification service system application
  • Write and update the support documentation for the existing and new interfaces for the support purpose
  • Performing developer testing and supporting the integration testing with various carriers and client business analysts till Sign offs
  • Assist in development of IT strategies and execution. Create and update training manuals and policies
  • Periodic data and code synchronization of the pre-prod and QA systems
  • Preparing high level and low level designs required for application development

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Hi Guys,

I have 4 years of experience as Systems Analyst (NOC 2171). My educational background is, I have masters degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering and Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. Would it be a problem as I don't have computer science related degree. As part of my masters I had finished database related courses as part of my systems engineering. Would it be a problem during the process. I have to submit documents in a month. Could you please help me on how to proceed on this.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
hi everyone,

I would appreciate if an expert can advise on below job duties under NOC 2171. is it appropriate to the job code?

title: Internal Control Analyst
  • Participating in information security risk and compliance assessments, audits, gap analyses, and remediation.

• Contributing to projects in the areas of PCI DSS, ISO 27001, and SWIFT CSP

• Communicating with project stakeholders to effectively convey requirements of technical and process improvements.

• Developing customized policies, procedures, controls, disaster recovery plans and technical documentation for applications, systems, and infrastructure.

• Responsible for performing detailed research of implemented security control configurations on enterprise platforms to identify and validate security gaps and recommend corrective actions identified. This includes working closely with business and technology owners to adjust security control effectiveness.

Dec 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am writing to seek inputs on my duties and whether both my jobs fall under NOC 2171 or not.

Designation : Product Manager

Duties:

Job 1 :

• Shape the overall product vision and roadmap for different technology/software products

• Collaborate with engineering and design to define an ambitious strategy, develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and execute on delivering great experiences for customers

• Define, document and communicate product requirements and specifications for engineering to execute.

• Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders across nearly all functions - marketing, sales, operations, data science, engineering, content, customer service, payments and IT

• Collect data, user feedback, and market research, and use that to inform product development to build quality products

Job 2 :

1. Manage all the aspects of the software product lifecycle including problem definition, product strategy/roadmap, customer needs and requirement definition
2. Conduct market/business studies to identify and define the requirements. Document the requirements for the technology teams to implement
3. Work closely with business, operations, process, design, engineering, marketing and other key stakeholders to prioritize, develop and deliver quality products in an agile environment

Thanks in advance, any feedback is highly appreciated!!