Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with application
I hold an electrical/electronics engineering bsc degree and i have just completed my master degree in systems engineering.i have worked in a government establishment from march 2006 to sept 2009 before i did my masters degree.the noc for electrical engineers is 2133. can i apply under noc 7242 which is industrial electricians as most of my duties relates to the noc 7242. the office is willing to give me a reference letter as an industrial electrician (installations and maintenance) for this purpose but am confused on how to go about this as i would not want to take chances in using a wrong reference letter.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Yes you can...

I have a similar case(I have diploma engineering) and I applied for 7242.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know how many persons applied for 7424 after 26 June 2011??
Thanks
Saeid

teleporter

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
brav,
nano,
anyone,

Can you please share your (7242) job description from reference letter. I will apply these days and I am afraid that they might refuse me for insufficient job description details in reference letters. Please help.

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made, 22nd Dec'2011
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
Your Degree is no way related to your work, you can do any degree but it is mandatory that you should have performed the below mentioned duties to file under 7242 category.

Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards and other industrial establishments.

(Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification, used by Canadian immigration officers, to assess an applicant's work experience.)

-Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
-Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
-Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
-Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
-Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
-Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
-Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
-May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.

-Ganesh

teleporter

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
ganeshterala said:
Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification
I know about that description, and that is indeed what was my job. I worry about quality of description in my reference. I know that I can not copy/paste text from HRSDC description. In my letters it is mentioned that I was doing installation, service and preventive maintenance. There is no much specific details. I worry if it is enough or not.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Greetings to all,

I have sent my application to CIO Sydney,with my fingers crossed,as i had applied for FSW in 2006 and my case was rejected becuz of low points got,65,but now since i got married and my wife got a diploma hope my points will increase but i was shocked with the big changes in the new list of jobs that cab apply for category 1 of FSW, anyhow, I got a bachelor degree in Electrical engineering majoring in electronics and worked 3 years as electronic technician and 1 year as electrical engineer then 4 years as INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN on a drilling rig, i have choosed INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN as my first choice of assessment against the listed NOC 7242 industrial electrician ,my inquiry is that my job title is not same as industrial electrical job titles listed on the CIC website,and my job description focuses mainly on dealing with electronic and control systems repairs and maintenance.....do i stand a chance to qualify under the NOC 7242 industrial electrician ,

one more inquiry , i sent my application by courier service but by mistake wrote down the address given for regular mail address by the CIO would that affect my application or delay.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzy2277 said:
Greetings to all,

I have sent my application to CIO Sydney,with my fingers crossed,as i had applied for FSW in 2006 and my case was rejected becuz of low points got,65,but now since i got married and my wife got a diploma hope my points will increase but i was shocked with the big changes in the new list of jobs that cab apply for category 1 of FSW, anyhow, I got a bachelor degree in Electrical engineering majoring in electronics and worked 3 years as electronic technician and 1 year as electrical engineer then 4 years as INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN on a drilling rig, i have choosed INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN as my first choice of assessment against the listed NOC 7242 industrial electrician ,my inquiry is that my job title is not same as industrial electrical job titles listed on the CIC website,and my job description focuses mainly on dealing with electronic and control systems repairs and maintenance.....do i stand a chance to qualify under the NOC 7242 industrial electrician ,

one more inquiry , i sent my application by courier service but by mistake wrote down the address given for regular mail address by the CIO would that affect my application or delay.
i will apply under 7242 but I i am working on IELTS for next exam on 7 Jan 2012.I think if you applied under 7242 for first time you should keep on this because they will ask you later do your file rejected before?but you able to provide a letter reference which include all your benefit duties.I recommend please have a consultation to agent he will help you as immigration process is a lot hard and complex
God bless you.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Well mr saeid thanks for ur reply, but I applied in 2006 before they come up with new criteria system ,my case was rejected becuz I didn't got 14 out of 16 points in the ielts exam,nit becuz of my job, but now it's a new system, I applied under industrial electrician noc 7242 but my main duties are more into electronic control and monitoring systems repair and installation although igot involved in electrical works but it's not mentioned clearly in my job description that's my concern,besides I don't advise to go to a consultant i tried them before and becuz of them i got rejected.

Balajivellai

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,
Can any one give me the sample experience certificate for our noc 7242, so that it will be useful for new comers.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Balajivellai said:
Dear Friends,
Can any one give me the sample experience certificate for our noc 7242, so that it will be useful for new comers.
I have prepared reference letter for Noc 7242 but as my manager has signed it,s private & security
your letter should include some of these duties in below;

Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards and other industrial establishments.

(Description from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada's National Occupation Classification, used by Canadian immigration officers, to assess an applicant's work experience.)

• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.