+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2011 : 1123 (Professionals In Advertising, Marketing...) Please network here

leiloola

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Never Say Never said:
Hi!

I applied for noc 1123 ! My application reached on 4th July ! Looking at the figures, would say it would take another 2-3 months for us to find out if we are in!! Thank god very few people have applied so far!! I wasn't expecting this noc to open up this year!! Hence hadn't really done anything! Only after the announcement I started with everything including IeLts , wes, POF etc! After 2-3 months of back to back running finally submitted my application !!

Rest all in god's hands!! And of course cic representative who opens my application ! :)
I have also applied for NOC 1123 and mine got recevied on July 2nd. Any idea when we should be receiving our PER?

leiloola

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Does anyone know if you must be graduated in MArketing or Communications to be eligible for NOC 1123?
I'm an Engineer but have worked in marketing for the last years - applied to this NOC but now I;m worndering if they will accept it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Frannygh

ahmad_t

Jul 21, 2013
Maverick.Canajun said:
Bro Ahmad - Nothing like that is required. Please send only the documents that are in the document checklist on the CIC website. Do not burden them with unnecessary stuff as they will get irritated :p
Thanks Maverick for your valuable advice.

alex2014

Aug 10, 2014
Hi, I am about to apply to FSWP but I am a little confused with the NOC classification and the more I read the more confused I get:(!. As you might know, most of our careers are a mix of duties and skills, I have an engineering degree eventhough I never worked as engineer, because as soon as I graduated I pursued an MBA with focus in corporate finance. Then, I started working within telcos, internet companies filling positions as product manager, sales & marketing manager and commercial director (reporting to CEO). I think the NOC that better fits my experience is 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers but it is not included in the list this year. Therefore, I can either apply going up in the NOC list using 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services or go down and apply under NOC 1123. Questions: I have read that 1123 is only for advertising and MarCom people working for ad agencies, is that true?, would regular marketing people working in a direct company fit this NOC?. Instead, in the case of Senior managers, my title was Commercial Manager, although I was reporting to the CEO, I was part of the executive team and responsible for all the marketing, sales and customer service operations and strategies of the Company, would the title be a problem?. Overall, what would you recommend?. Thanks in advance. Best.

Ahmed Badawi

Jul 22, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already Sent
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015 / MR Received 17-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
Hi All,

Very happy to find a thread specifically for this NOC.

I am also going to apply under this NOC. i have a similar concern to one of the colleagues above. Which is my experience is mainly in market research. However, my last job has many of the duties listed under 1123 (except that i don't hold any of the positions named under that NOC, the title is different). Will that cause a problem.

@Maverick.Canajun: Can I share with you (PM) the reference letter I managed to get for you to advise me if it would work for this NOC or not?

Thanks in advance. And let's keep this thread as active as possible :D

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
alex2014 said:
Hi, I am about to apply to FSWP but I am a little confused with the NOC classification and the more I read the more confused I get:(!. As you might know, most of our careers are a mix of duties and skills, I have an engineering degree eventhough I never worked as engineer, because as soon as I graduated I pursued an MBA with focus in corporate finance. Then, I started working within telcos, internet companies filling positions as product manager, sales & marketing manager and commercial director (reporting to CEO). I think the NOC that better fits my experience is 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers but it is not included in the list this year. Therefore, I can either apply going up in the NOC list using 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services or go down and apply under NOC 1123. Questions: I have read that 1123 is only for advertising and MarCom people working for ad agencies, is that true?, would regular marketing people working in a direct company fit this NOC?. Instead, in the case of Senior managers, my title was Commercial Manager, although I was reporting to the CEO, I was part of the executive team and responsible for all the marketing, sales and customer service operations and strategies of the Company, would the title be a problem?. Overall, what would you recommend?. Thanks in advance. Best.
Hi, the company or industry under which you gained work experience is irrelevant for FSW provided you can obtain an employer reference letter with the responsibilities stated for your chosen NOC matching those on the NOC list up to 80%. An accountant working for the Armed forces is eligible to apply under the relevant Finance NOC as long as he has the reference letter in CIC format. So get a reference letter for either NOC you are comfortable with. As simple as that mate, cheers.

leiloola

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Cap for NOC 1123 updated today to 7. We are doing good!

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
Has Any one received any kind of updates of there application yet from Sydney?

Those lucky seven dunno who they are, wish they were in this forum could give us useful insight.

Regards

mike21

Aug 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying also for NOC1123, just finished with the WES just waiting my IELTS result. Please share your application status guys so we can update ourselves.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

Can Advertising designer come into this category?

•1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Nadeem_jee said:
Hi,

Can Advertising designer come into this category?

•1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations?
But of course, subject to the provision of a reference letter with duties stated which should match those on the NOC site :)

Mumo

Aug 16, 2014
Helllo Guys!!

My profession is Sales and Marketing Executive. Spent 6+ years working for an Engineering/Industrial firm as a Marketing Executive for Solar Geysers and Electric Dab Pumps. My boss was handed exclusive dealership in Botswana. Now i work as a Sales & Marketing Executive for Daewoo Electronics in East Africa.

Initially i was applying for Australia immigration but the occupation is closed and no news of the re open date. After my IELTS test. i have been seriously considering Canada, Under NOC 1123. So do i qualify under the job code? or the job descripitions are only preferrable to marketing and PR Firms/Agencies?

Im working with an immigration consultancy firm but my consultant is insisting that my application will be rejected since the job code is only focussed on individuals with PR/Advertising Agency working experience.

Do i qualify?

Kindly help with any info so that i can lodge my application this week.

leiloola

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Anyone eager to share duties listed for NOC 1123?

Zinger19

Jul 9, 2014
Hi guys, its bn a while. Hope i havent missed out on anything...
Prepping still on as am taking my IELTS next month, slowly but surely getting there.
Any idea as regards CAP for us?