Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

I have applied under NOC 0213. I am working on the job duties that should appear on my reference letter. I have heard CIC is very strict and will very carefully consider and evaluate each and every job duties. Therefore I need you guys help to make sure that the job descriptions that I have mentioned below are correct and sufficient for 0213 category. Please help

Job Duties:

1) Manage all the activities of the IT department in order to ensure smooth and efficient work environment

- Initiate and implement improvements in all areas of IT

- Serve as a central point of contact for all IT-related matters

- Mitigate team conflict and communication problem

2) Communicate with client to gather system requirements and to determine time and cost estimates

- Manage day-to-day internal client interaction

- Communicate effectively with client to identify needs and evaluate alternative IT solutions

- Discuss different time and cost options with the client and help determining their estimates

3) Develop system design and process flow by implementing systems rules and procedures
- Use different UML diagrams to define system design and process flows

- Comply and help to enforce standard policies and procedures

4) Ensure the department budget is spent wisely by closely monitoring and controlling all costs and expenditures

- Approve/disapprove team member's time and expense report

- Manage the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies

- Ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly

5) Identify and prioritize tasks related to different software development activities and manage them

- Identify different tasks required to achieve department goals

- Determine time required to complete each task, prioritize tasks, and assign them to resource

- Manage and track the progress of assigned task by organizing and leading weekly meeting

6) Manage systems analysts, developers and testers by assigning them tasks and by guiding and tracking their progress

- Directly managed two system analysts, five developers, one tech lead, and three testers

- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential

- Review the status report of team members and address issues as appropriate

- Hire and train new resources when needed

buboy

Jun 10, 2009
Hi,

You can't apply anymore through NOC 0213 as the new ministry instruction which was published June 26th does not include your NOC. You can apply on other category from the new instruction if you have evidence of 1 yr experience or you have arranged employment on 0213. Good luck