+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0124 or NOC 1123

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have filled the express entry profile and selected my primary NOC as 1123 Professionals occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (A).

I am currently being employed by a government firm and working in corporate communications department. The job responsibilities matches the main duties I am performing in my current job.

However, when filling the JOB Bank Work History Part, the job responsibilities and area of specialization coming is of NOC 0124 Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Manager.

What should I do? Looking forward to an advice specially from people who have gone through this process.

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Job Bank doesn't matter. Choose wisely in your EE profile, only that matters.
Yup, have done that. Should I confirm it from NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca by sending my job duties.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to do that, Yes. Remember that their replies will only be suggestions not recommendations.

jimalik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
syeduzairhaider said:
I have filled the express entry profile and selected my primary NOC as 1123 Professionals occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (A).

I am currently being employed by a government firm and working in corporate communications department. The job responsibilities matches the main duties I am performing in my current job.

However, when filling the JOB Bank Work History Part, the job responsibilities and area of specialization coming is of NOC 0124 Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Manager.

What should I do? Looking forward to an advice specially from people who have gone through this process.

I had the same problem, i was confused between NOC 0124 or NOC 1123 , i selected NOC 1123 and now i am having a lot of problems.

share your following information and i will definitely guide you

- a detailed description of the main duties;
- the education and work experience required by the employer for entry into the occupation; and
- the type of establishment in which the work is performed

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hello,
Im a sales & Marketing manager working in a Radio station in Colombo . Im having difficulty in determining if i should apply under 0124 (Advertising, marketing and public relations managers) or 0601 (Corporate sales managers) My actual day to day work includes a bit of whats mentioned under both descriptions . Can someone pls help me with this.
Also, I joined this company as an Assistant Sales Manager 10 years ago , I was made Sales & Marketing manager only 1 1/2 years ago, can i claim maximum points for work experience as my total work experience is 12 years , or can i only claim for 01 year as i only have 01 year under specified NOC ( Sales & Marketing Manager)
Your responses much appreciated. Thanks in advance !