+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Did she hear anything back about when testing will resume or how they plan to clear up the backlog. Pretty weird that they all refuse to go back to the office. Until a vaccine is out? Can they do productive work at home?
Since the lockdown she isn't working on citizenship or passport processing anymore.She is working on different stuffs from home.Those were my questions to her but she has no idea. People need to wait and be patient that was most of her answers.

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My citizenship Oath got cancelled on 14th March and since then I have not heard anything from them. Unless I have missed a call.
Please let me know if any recourse available to me for further citizenship process.

My PR card is already expired by now and now I am in dilemma what to do.

Any help and recommendations are highly welcome
we're on the same boat!

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Since the lockdown she isn't working on citizenship or passport processing anymore.She is working on different stuffs from home.Those were my questions to her but she has no idea. People need to wait and be patient that was most of her answers.
Pretty vague I guess, be patient until a vaccine comes out because they refuse to go back to the office while others are returning. Hopefully other officers are working on citizenship and passport for now, especially those in Provinces where they're almost no new Covid-19 cases.

elcabalito2017

Mar 21, 2017
This is just my little rough observation so far with regards to virtual oath invitations being received by applicants having either DM status or previous in-person oath ceremonies cancelled. They should have:

Expected Oath Invite = (AR, Month, 2019) 12 months ± 2 months

AR = Application Received at CPC-S (eCAS step 1)

Ref Data based on this forum
Applicants having DM or previous oath ceremonies cancelled due to Covid-19.
April 2019 applicant - Oath in June 2020
June 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
July 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
Aug 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
Sept 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
Did you hear about applicants with DM, who got a virtual oath invite? I thought this is happening only for applicants with cancelled oath invites because of Covid. Thanks

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Reactions: elcabalito2017

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@Nocelox This applicant recently has had his oath. He wasn't scheduled for an oath before. You can go over his thread post here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-update-from-ircc-on-citizenship-oath-ceremony-next-steps.682067/post-8697805
I would not be surprised if SOME of those being scheduled soon for the virtual oath were not previously scheduled for an oath ceremony that got cancelled. At least IRCC has indicated it is also proceeding, in some instances, with expedited processing when there is at least a compelling reason.

That noted, however, so far it appears that those being scheduled for the virtual oath are mostly, if not nearly all, individuals who were previously scheduled for an oath ceremony that was cancelled.

Where does the @Nocelox report fit into this? @Nocelox only reports a Decision Made and not being scheduled for a previously cancelled oath ceremony, but then having been scheduled for a virtual oath a few days ago. My GUESS, and sure it is just a guess, but it is what fits into what we know, is that @Nocelox was probably actually granted citizenship before the Covid-19 shutdown just before the Covid-19 shutdown and thus no notice to attend an oath ceremony went out before oath ceremonies were cancelled across the board. That is, my GUESS is that @Nocelox getting to participate in a virtual oath ceremony is quite likely consistent with, so far, but for unusual expedited cases, the scheduling of virtual oaths for those who were already granted citizenship.

What we still do not know is how IRCC is selecting which "candidates" (those who have already been granted citizenship but are not citizens until they participate in taking the oath) it is scheduling to take the virtual oath. It is not likely that IRCC will share much information about how this decision-making is done. That does not mean it is a lottery, random, haphazard, or capricious. It just means that whatever the decision-making protocol is, IRCC is not publishing information about it. Which makes sense. It is clearly a transitory process pending formulation and implementation of more long-term procedures. It may even be changing some week-to-week.

Reactions: Mike263

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
My oath ceremony was scheduled for March 21st and then cancelled due to covid. After waiting patiently, I sent an inquiry using the IRCC web form to asl when it can be re-scheduled. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Given that public health authorities continue to recommend social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, all in-person appointments are cancelled until further notice:

If you had an in-person appointment scheduled at a local IRCC office you will be contacted at a later date for the rescheduling of your appointment.

Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):

• You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
My GUESS, and sure it is just a guess, but it is what fits into what we know, is that @Nocelox was probably actually granted citizenship before the Covid-19 shutdown just before the Covid-19 shutdown and thus no notice to attend an oath ceremony went out before oath ceremonies were cancelled across the board. That is, my GUESS is that @Nocelox getting to participate in a virtual oath ceremony is quite likely consistent with, so far, but for unusual expedited cases, the scheduling of virtual oaths for those who were already granted citizenship.
My case processing fits for this guess based on my ATIP notes. It mentions "Applicant appeared for test on this date. Passed 19/20 and language passed. Granted and referred for oath Niagara Falls. AMC/ Scarborough. This note appears to have been updated immediately after the test and interview at Scarborough.

What we still do not know is how IRCC is selecting which "candidates" (those who have already been granted citizenship but are not citizens until they participate in taking the oath) it is scheduling to take the virtual oath. It is not likely that IRCC will share much information about how this decision-making is done. That does not mean it is a lottery, random, haphazard, or capricious. It just means that whatever the decision-making protocol is, IRCC is not publishing information about it. Which makes sense. It is clearly a transitory process pending formulation and implementation of more long-term procedures. It may even be changing some week-to-week.
Agreed. Based on my ATIP notes and email received from Niagara Falls office for the virtual ceremony, I believe my oath has been scheduled by the Niagara falls office as the ATIP notes show the file transfer process as "closed" and "opened" at Scarborough and Niagara Falls respectively on the 11th of March. Meaning, they may or may not have done anything with my file for over 3 months from 11th March till I received an email on 13 July 2020 asking me if I would be interested in a virtual ceremony.

Ramzks

Feb 5, 2014
Hello Everyone I got call on July 13 for virtual ceremony on July 22 still waiting for the instructions in email. Anyone in the same situation here?
Hi, I too am in a similar situation. I got a call July 14th for a ceremony July 21st, which is tomorrow. As of now i still do not have an email with the login for the virtual ceremony via Zoom. I checked my junk email as well. I sent a case specific enquiry on Friday and have been unable to speak to anyone on the phone so far.

deepgill1990

Jul 16, 2020
Hi, I too am in a similar situation. I got a call July 14th for a ceremony July 21st, which is tomorrow. As of now i still do not have an email with the login for the virtual ceremony via Zoom. I checked my junk email as well. I sent a case specific enquiry on Friday and have been unable to speak to anyone on the phone so far.
Please update here once you get the email. Was it a unknown number?

Reactions: Ramzks

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
This is just my little rough observation so far with regards to virtual oath invitations being received by applicants having either DM status or previous in-person oath ceremonies cancelled. They should have:

Expected Oath Invite = (AR, Month, 2019) 12 months ± 2 months

AR = Application Received at CPC-S (eCAS step 1)

Ref Data based on this forum
Applicants having DM or previous oath ceremonies cancelled due to Covid-19.
April 2019 applicant - Oath in June 2020
June 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
July 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
Aug 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
Sept 2019 applicant - Oath in July 2020
In my case interview was done on 5th F
I will. Yes, it showed up as a private number
Hello you all.
I am also facing same problem. I got call on 13th July 2020 starting with 647xxxx for virtual oath on 22nd July,2020. Till date I have not received any email. Today I contacted IRCC and the officer said that though my file is ready for oath but there is no remarks about oath on 22nd. After putting me on hold she spoken to the concerned department and also prepared a note and sent to concerned department and advised me that in case no emails is received today then I should call them Tomorrow.She was very coopetative.
Let us see and wait.

Ramzks

Feb 5, 2014
In my case interview was done on 5th F

Hello you all.
I am also facing same problem. I got call on 13th July 2020 starting with 647xxxx for virtual oath on 22nd July,2020. Till date I have not received any email. Today I contacted IRCC and the officer said that though my file is ready for oath but there is no remarks about oath on 22nd. After putting me on hold she spoken to the concerned department and also prepared a note and sent to concerned department and advised me that in case no emails is received today then I should call them Tomorrow.She was very coopetative.
Let us see and wait.
Hi,
I'm glad your were able to get through. Hopefully you hear something soon.