+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Reactions: Nocelox

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
We took our virtual oath this morning. Just have your IDs, a black pen and oath form ready. It took about 30 minutes and they told us we should receive the certificate within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone who’s waiting

Reactions: CitizenOrNot

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
We took our virtual oath this morning. Just have your IDs, a black pen and oath form ready. It took about 30 minutes and they told us we should receive the certificate within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone who’s waiting
CONGRATS
could you please tell when you took your test and if your original oath date please?

Reactions: Nocelox

Nocelox

Sep 11, 2013
Congratulations!!! Looks like an in-person oath ceremony invitation to me. Reasons: (1) Ecas update before any phone call. (2) Also, the notice provides a 14-day time period like previous in-person notification. Others who have received a virtual oath ceremony invitation can verify this better.
Let us see how it turns out. Things are moving slowly but surely in a positive direction.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html#s1
Until today the IRCC say all ceremonies events are cancel until future notice ...

Litwaa

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone, I just have joined to this forum . I am among all those who are waiting for their oath ceremony virtually or in person ;) !

Reactions: Hmj58

vivi2407

Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I just joined this forum today, I has passed the test on march 10 and got ceremony invited on april 17, but got cancelled due to covid19 event. still waiting for their email about rescheduling virtual one o_O

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I just joined this forum today, I has passed the test on march 10 and got ceremony invited on april 17, but got cancelled due to covid19 event. still waiting for their email about rescheduling virtual one o_O
When was your citizenship application delivered to CPC, Nova Scotia?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everybody, happy to report I completed my virtual oath ceremony this morning. Here's my timeline for reference:

June 2019 applicant
AOR: Sept 2019
Test: Dec 2019
Oath invite: Feb 2019
1st Oath: 20 April (cancelled)
2nd Oath: 3 July
Received phone call from IRCC: 22nd June
Email received with oath details: 1 July
Received second phone call from IRCC to confirm logistics: 2nd July

Ceremony lasted around 15 minutes. Organizer, clerk, judge, another IRCC official who stays off camera, and the applicant(s). They ask you to verify your identity (DL, Health card), confirm your location in Canada, show the PR card and read the numbers on the back near the bar code. The judge gives a speech, and proceeds with the oath in both languages. You can then cut up the PR card and sign the oath affirmation form (either physically in front of them or electronically) and email it to them. They will confirm receipt and mail you the certificate between 2-3 weeks. I will report back when I receive it.
Here's hoping you all get some good news soon!
I can answer any Qs any one may have as well (sorry, don't have any info on tests).

Last edited:

Hmj58

Jun 13, 2020
Hi everybody, happy to report I completed my virtual oath ceremony this morning. Here's my timeline for reference:

June 2019 applicant

Ceremony lasted around 15 minutes. Organizer, clerk, judge, another IRCC official who stays off camera, and the applicant(s). They ask you to verify your identity (DL, Health card), confirm your location in Canada, show the PR card and read the numbers on the back near the bar code. The judge gives a speech, and proceeds with the oath in both languages. You can then cut up the PR card and sign the oath affirmation form (either physically in front of them or electronically) and email it to them. They will confirm receipt and mail you the certificated between 2-3 weeks. I will report back when I receive it.
I can answer any Qs any one may have as well (sorry, don't have any info on tests).

Hmj58

Jun 13, 2020

June 2019 applicant

Ceremony lasted around 15 minutes. Organizer, clerk, judge, another IRCC official who stays off camera, and the applicant(s). They ask you to verify your identity (DL, Health card), confirm your location in Canada, show the PR card and read the numbers on the back near the bar code. The judge gives a speech, and proceeds with the oath in both languages. You can then cut up the PR card and sign the oath affirmation form (either physically in front of them or electronically) and email it to them. They will confirm receipt and mail you the certificated between 2-3 weeks. I will report back when I receive it.
Congratulations ... were you alone during the oath or within a group?

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Has there been any movement by IRCC Ottawa ? I had my first oath scheduled in October 2019 but it was colliding with a business trip of mine so now I am waiting for my final notice.