No travel since 2010, STAMP question

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

The time for applying in near. I know I don't have to include any other pages from passport apart from ID page, but I do have a question for the test part of this process.

I have two passports, one is cancelled and one is current (used current to come to Canada). I have a lot of stamps in the cancelled one and some in the current one. My question is, since I didn't leave Canada since 2010, NO TRAVEL at all, during the time I am claiming for citizenship. Will I need to translate the stamps that are in the cancelled or the current one if they are not pertaining to the period in question?

Thanks guys!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
For the citizenship process only the last 4 years from the date of the application is considered. So if you apply let's say 1st Feb 2015, then all stamps from 1st Feb 2011 onwards will be considered. As you mention you did not travel at all since 2010 then you should be fine. CIC asks for biographical pages from expired passport if it was valid in the 4 year period on question.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
Hi everyone!

The time for applying in near. I know I don't have to include any other pages from passport apart from ID page, but I do have a question for the test part of this process.

I have two passports, one is cancelled and one is current (used current to come to Canada). I have a lot of stamps in the cancelled one and some in the current one. My question is, since I didn't leave Canada since 2010, NO TRAVEL at all, during the time I am claiming for citizenship. Will I need to translate the stamps that are in the cancelled or the current one if they are not pertaining to the period in question?

Thanks guys!

If your current passport was issued before you landed then no need to even mention the cancelled passport in citizenship application. Also it 2015 and you do not have to enter time from 2010 for your citizenship application as it considers only last 4 years from the time you apply.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks great reply!

Did you get this info from instruction guide?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
Thanks great reply!

Did you get this info from instruction guide?
Nope from the rule that it says to report about the four time period. So in any application process you provide them with what they ask for and not complicate things.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hi ScubaC,

According to CIC website in "Step 1: Gather Documents": http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

Looks like if it's relevant to the four year period "immediately preceding the date of your application," you should provide translation

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession please explain why.

Also, from CIC's "What Happens Next" section: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E8

You have included original translation and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French.

So, from these two sections what I gather is that if you do choose to submit your stamps, provided they were relevant to the four year period preceding your application, then you should translate them. Speaking from personal experience, in my application, I had stamps relevant to the four years preceding my app, so my lawyer (used one, probably didn't need one) included these with my application. They were in English, however, so I didn't need to translate them in this case.

Good luck!

ScubaC said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks guys!