+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Study Permit Issued at the time of Arrival in Canada

aazmhd

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I had received my study visa and flown on 30Dec2017 from India to Winnipeg via Montreal. But i was not issued any study permit at the time of immigration at Montreal.

I went to Service Canada today to get my SIN, and they had requested to submit my Study Permit in order to issue SIN.

Note: I already got my Scotia Bank account opened today!

Kindly let me know your expertise to get my study permit. Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I had received my study visa and flown on 30Dec2017 from India to Winnipeg via Montreal. But i was not issued any study permit at the time of immigration at Montreal.

I went to Service Canada today to get my SIN, and they had requested to submit my Study Permit in order to issue SIN.

1 Montreal screwed up. You could go to Winnipeg Airport and see if they will issue the SA, If not, you will have to go to the border with your LOI and get them to issue the SA

Harry Kajla

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys can anyone help me as my brother arrived Toronto airport hold study permit visa for 5 year from india..at airport immigration asked him for gic money but he heavn't have account under his name insead he have cash money for his personal expenses and he showed to the officer and officer donsnt satisfied with that then she issue new visa conditions for 5 month till taht time he no have any work permit even not part time and officer said come back after 3 month then we dicide your visa need extend you will manage your expenses without work.. what will he have to do

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Hi. My name is Micky. I would like to request you to tell me in what circumstances Immigration Can refuse to issue study permit to student on arrival at airport. Actually it’s my brother Who got an study visa for 2 years but then after getting the study visa he applied to transfer college from Vancouver to Toronto. But now my brother agents is telling him that he should not go now because Immigration Can refuse to give study permit and send him back. Please let me know if there is anything like that. Because as per my knowledge, students can transfer his college in same semester. I am hoping you will reply me soon. Thank you

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi guys can anyone help me as my brother arrived Toronto airport hold study permit visa for 5 year from india..at airport immigration asked him for gic money but he heavn't have account under his name insead he have cash money for his personal expenses and he showed to the officer and officer donsnt satisfied with that then she issue new visa conditions for 5 month till taht time he no have any work permit even not part time and officer said come back after 3 month then we dicide your visa need extend you will manage your expenses without work.. what will he have to do
Why he doesn't have GIC under his name ?

Nnarak

Feb 23, 2018

Now have you got your study permit.?

aazmhd

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi. My name is Micky. I would like to request you to tell me in what circumstances Immigration Can refuse to issue study permit to student on arrival at airport. Actually it’s my brother Who got an study visa for 2 years but then after getting the study visa he applied to transfer college from Vancouver to Toronto. But now my brother agents is telling him that he should not go now because Immigration Can refuse to give study permit and send him back. Please let me know if there is anything like that. Because as per my knowledge, students can transfer his college in same semester. I am hoping you will reply me soon. Thank you
Hope he got the permit?

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi, My friend arrived at Toronto Pearson Airport and the immigration officer mentioned that their servers are not working at the moment. They asked to give the address where he will be staying and they will be mailing the study permit in next couple of days.
It's over a week and he hasn't received his study permit. Can some one please advise what should we do?
Is that normal?
Thanks in advance for the help!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi, My friend arrived at Toronto Pearson Airport and the immigration officer mentioned that their servers are not working at the moment. They asked to give the address where he will be staying and they will be mailing the study permit in next couple of days.
It's over a week and he hasn't received his study permit. Can some one please advise what should we do?
Is that normal?
Talk yo your school, call them or go to a border crossings.

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Is that normal?
Is that normal?
Hi. You should advice your friend to visit border one at the niagra fall. They will issue him study permit. There is nothing yo worry about. Just let them know on the day of my arrival immigration officers have week servers. Do not worry.

ronshett

Jan 13, 2020
Since this forum has helped me with my doubts i would like to post what my friend did in this situation. She was asked for her student permit by her college on Friday and she realized that she was not issued one at POE. Since IRCC phone lines were closed on weekend she straight away went to toronto pearson airport on saturday morning. This is where she had landed before. She met the canada border security officer in their office inside the airport and explained the situation. The officer asked for college documents, passport and POE letter and verified something on his computer. I guess after 10 min he issued study permit to her. So if it is a straight forward case of you forgetting to collect the study permit at POE then i guess you can do this instead of flag poling which is a longer process

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
About GIC, this is not required to get a study permit but you might be required to show funds at point of entry something like a bank statement should be enough, i.e the same info you used to get permit in first place.