+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No status applied for H&C please help!

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
Hi All, I came to Canada in 2011 as an international student, after two years due to sanctions on my country I could not continue my education and I had to drop out of my undergrad. I had valid status until september 2017.
During my stay in Canada, I also had a significant contribution to Canada with lots of voluntary activities and few certificates of appreciation from two different ministers I also created a job for 4 Canadians too. Since I could not apply for any categories I had to apply for H&C but my application had been submitted in Feb 2018 and I had no status after Sep 2017.
My brother has a citizenship of Canada and he has cancer so I cannot leave him and also my parents are retired and unfortunately, bankrupted since the second year I came to Canada so I cannot go back to the country I came from plus I was in Canada since I was 20 and had all my friends and colleague here, it's like my home now!

My H&C application is still "Received application" since March 2018 and I have no idea if I have a good chance or not!

Someone suggested me to apply for refugee since it is easy to approve and faster. Can you guide me on that as well?

Thanks!

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Hi All, I came to Canada in 2011 as an international student, after two years due to sanctions on my country I could not continue my education and I had to drop out of my undergrad. I had valid status until september 2017.
During my stay in Canada, I also had a significant contribution to Canada with lots of voluntary activities and few certificates of appreciation from two different ministers I also created a job for 4 Canadians too. Since I could not apply for any categories I had to apply for H&C but my application had been submitted in Feb 2018 and I had no status after Sep 2017.
My brother has a citizenship of Canada and he has cancer so I cannot leave him and also my parents are retired and unfortunately, bankrupted since the second year I came to Canada so I cannot go back to the country I came from plus I was in Canada since I was 20 and had all my friends and colleague here, it's like my home now!

My H&C application is still "Received application" since March 2018 and I have no idea if I have a good chance or not!

Someone suggested me to apply for refugee since it is easy to approve and faster. Can you guide me on that as well?

Thanks!
You can apply for refugee but you have to get a genuine backing documents with it. You have to let them know there’s a treat or persecution in your home country. Best of luck in your choice

Reactions: Majid110110

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017

Thanks!
Applying as a refugee is not "easy and fast" and whoever told you that does not know what they are talking about. Don't know how you plan to prove you are in danger in your country if you are here. Try economic streams.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Difficult to prove you have a valid refugee claim when you have been in Canada for 7 years. They may choose to view that as a refugee of convenience, particularly with your immigration history and application. Current processing time for h&c is 31 months. You still have a few years to wait.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks!
On what basis do you believe you have valid grounds for a refugee claim?

To answer your question about the refugee process - no, it's not easy. You must have genuine grounds for claiming refugee status supported by evidence. Processing times are around three years.

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
Applying as a refugee is not "easy and fast" and whoever told you that does not know what they are talking about. Don't know how you plan to prove you are in danger in your country if you are here. Try economic streams.
Thanks for your reply, this Economic stream is part of the Refugee application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply, this Economic stream is part of the Refugee application?
No it is not. However you cannot apply for economic immigration while out of status in Canada.

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
How did you have status until 2017? If you don't attend school your study permit gets cancelled and you no longer have status. You likely lost status in 2013
I was studying part-time in other school and it was research-based so no credit to keep my status valid.

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
Difficult to prove you have a valid refugee claim when you have been in Canada for 7 years. They may choose to view that as a refugee of convenience, particularly with your immigration history and application. Current processing time for h&c is 31 months. You still have a few years to wait.
Sorry, can you please tell me more about the Refugee of convenience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How did you have status until 2017? If you don't attend school your study permit gets cancelled and you no longer have status. You likely lost status in 2013
Agree with the above. You’ve most likely been in Canada without status since 2013.

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
No it is not. However, you cannot apply for economic immigration while out of status in Canada.
oh I see! I have changed my religion a few years ago but haven't said that to even my family, it has a sentence of death in my country and based on this someone said it's easy to apply for refugee but I am not sure if it is legally ok to have two applications running at the same time? I only have to bring my proofs to show during the past few years I've been to the church and my voluntary works there I guess?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry, can you please tell me more about the Refugee of convenience?
Refugee of convenience means you don’t qualify for the refugee program but apply all the same because they don’t qualify through an economic stream. Refugees of convenience can expect to be refused. Your profile does not indicate that you are a real refugee. You just don’t want to leave Canada. That doesn’t make you a refugee.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Majid110110

Sep 15, 2018
Refugee of convenience means you don’t qualify for the refugee program but apply all the same because they don’t qualify through an economic stream. Refugees of convenience can expect to be refused. Your profile does not indicate that you are a real refugee. You just don’t want to leave Canada. That doesn’t make you a refugee.
Oh I see! then, in this case, it seems I have no option but to reveal I changed my religion!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Oh I see! then, in this case, it seems I have no option but to reveal I changed my religion!
I don't think you are UNDERSTANDING what people here are telling you.

You have been living in Canada for 7 years, correct?

Then HOW do you expect to prove you are being persecuted in your country? Where will you get police reports? Medical reports? You have to be IN DANGER RIGHT NOW IN YOUR COUNTRY, to prove refugee status. You CANNOT prove that, EVEN IF you disclose your religion change BECAUSE you are NOT in your country right now, you are in Canada.

If you still insist on applying to become a refugee, then please pay for a lawyer, you cannot expect anyone here to give you "tips and tricks" to have your refugee application succeed.

Reactions: carolbb23