+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No six month waiting for off campus Work permit from jan 2014 onwards...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! Thank you, itstime!

Last sentence there :
These Regulations come into force on January 1, 2014. Let's see. Just one day left. :)

Also, there are some other interesting changes for the procedure of applying for study permit from WITHIN Canada.
Certain foreign nationals who wish to apply for a study permit to attend a designated institution after they have entered Canada as a temporary resident, including those studying at the pre-school, primary or secondary level, or those who have completed a course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated institution, would be authorized under the proposed Regulations to apply for a study permit from within Canada instead of being required, as they are now, to leave the country to apply from abroad.

kdg11

Dec 23, 2013
i came to Toronto in september 2013 intake for 2 years diploma program. if according to rules changing from Jan 2014, Am i being existing student eligible for off campus work permit?? if yes, then how and when shall i apply?? please let me know the procedure.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Wow! Thank you, itstime!

Last sentence there :
These Regulations come into force on January 1, 2014. Let's see. Just one day left. :)
Exactly. Now, I know that IBIE have responded to the proposal with some suggestions and this could mean that the changes won't take effect tomorrow. However, one of their suggestions is really interesting. They suggest that during the last semester, students should be allowed to work full time as they normally don't have a full course load. Me like.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdg11 said:
i came to Toronto in september 2013 intake for 2 years diploma program. if according to rules changing from Jan 2014, Am i being existing student eligible for off campus work permit?? if yes, then how and when shall i apply?? please let me know the procedure.
Read the proposal again. The answer to your question is in there. Read it carefully and pay attention to what it says.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Just too add some information to the topic:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-workpermit-and-proposed-changes-to-immigration-rules-for-2014-t170959.0.html

Thanks.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No point in bringing that thread up again as there hasn't been any activity in it since nov 2.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
In the first post we can find the following sentence:

"Given the delay in the publication date, CIC plans to postpone the coming into force of regulations until spring 2014, noting that the final regulatory package, including the coming into force date, is still subject to final Cabinet approval."

At this time, CIC probably already updade all Operational Bulletins for 2013:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/index.asp

So, if in January 2nd nothing appear... the topic that I add to SHARE information had all the info that people need.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virtu said:
In the first post we can find the following sentence:

"Given the delay in the publication date, CIC plans to postpone the coming into force of regulations until spring 2014, noting that the final regulatory package, including the coming into force date, is still subject to final Cabinet approval."
Can you provide an official link to this?

At this time, CIC probably already updade all Operational Bulletins for 2013:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/index.asp
and 2013 bulletins have exactly what to do with news in January 2014? It is a proven FACT that they have posted confirmed changes on the day of the changes. It's not January 2014 yet.

So, if in January 2nd nothing appear... the topic that I add to SHARE information had all the info that people need.
Which is already covered in this thread.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Sorry, I dont have the official link, only the links that are in that topic.

So, normally, the OB are published and some inform when it will come into force and others not. The ones that said when must respect that date, for example:
OB 561 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob561.asp)
Amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), primarily pertaining to the sponsorship of parents and grandparents, received Governor in Council approval on December 12, 2013 and will come into force on January 1, 2014.

And the others the como into force when published, for example:
OB 558 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob558.asp)

It means that any OB from 2013 could chance some situations for 2014, even 2015 and that why mosts colleges was waiting for, because they could inform any future students about it and also boost some college programs applications over ESL or any other program.

=)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found one reference to the sentence (I have said that google is your friend, right?) and that is posted on the organisation for private institutions in some province. That's one. Now, the private institutions are the ones who have the most to lose on the changes.

I've also said that it won't be official until the CIC is good and ready to let us know. One (ONE) student have said on here that he/she received information from the college he/she will start attending in January that a WP will not be needed, thanks to the proposed changes taking effect jan 1st. I checked with my college and they could not believe why any college would say that as the changes have not been confirmed.

I'm not holding my breath but I am making sure that I am ready to go get a SIN, know where to go and what to bring, as soon as they do take effect.... IF they take effect.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a friend who works as a Registrar at some University in Alberta. When I asked her about those "proposed changes" in November, she told me that they got all the new regulations as soon as they are in force. I asked her recently again and she said "no news yet".

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
I have a friend who works as a Registrar at some University in Alberta. When I asked her about those "proposed changes" in November, she told me that they got all the new regulations as soon as they are in force. I asked her recently again and she said "no news yet".
That's pretty much what they told me too. They know about the proposal, they know about the suggestions, but they can't tell if and when they take effect until they do.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candian said:
no new rules are implemented as it is jan 1 now so we have to wait 6 monrhs
It's 2 in the frigging morning!

And please post a link to an OFFICIAL source that says we have to wait six months.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Guys expect some news on January 3rd as 1st and 2nd are holiday officially. Hopefully some positive news comes up.