+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No reply from visa ofice after responding back to denial letter

chakkal

Sep 23, 2019
Hi,

I came to Toronto, Canada on Apr 21, 2019 as website developer (NOC code -2175 Skill level A) on 2 years LMIA based work permit under global talent stream. My employer in Canada hired some lawyer for my case. I have family (wife, son & daughter) back in India. Now After 4 months, I hired the same lawyer in Canada after discussing the case to bring my family here so as long I am here in Canada, we will stay together. Lawyer applied open work permit for my wife, study permit for my son (almost 6 years old) and visitor visa for my daughter (almost 3 years old). Lawyer submitted the application on Aug 20, 2019 with the required documents with cover letter. My wife gave biomertric on Aug 22, 2019. But we got denial letter on Sep 09, 2019 with following reasons:

For my wife:

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B.
• You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

For son:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

For Daughter:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

As per my wife denial, they mentioned my job in Canada is not in NOC skill level A. But lawyer clearly mentioned this in the cover letter and we submitted my work permit copy with actual application.

So on Sep 10, 2019, my lawyer replied with below to
delhi@international.gc.ca

TO PROGRAM MANAGER, NEW DELHI:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am the lawyer of record for the above matter. Duly executed IMM5476s were provided with the initial applications submitted by Ms. Amanpreet Kaur (the “Dependent Spouse”), Mr. Gurditpreet Singh (the “Dependent Son”), and Ms. Taqdeer Kaur (the “Dependent Daughter”).

The Dependent Spouse, Dependent Son, and Dependent Daughter are the dependent family members of Mr. Inderpreet Singh (the “Principal Applicant”). The Principal applicant received a Temporary Resident Visa (“TRV”) from your post on March 6, 2019, based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment issued under the Global Talent Stream. He received his work permit, as an E-Commerce Website Developer (NOC 2175), on April 22, 2019. Copies of the Principal Applicant’s passport page, TRV, and work permit were included with the above applications but are also attached to this email.

The Dependent Spouse, Dependent Son, and Dependent Daughter were unable to apply at the same time as the Principal Applicant but they will now follow to join the Principal Applicant who is already working in Canada pursuant to his work permit:

· The Dependent Spouse applied for an open spousal work permit based on her spousal relationship to the Principal Applicant.
· The Dependent Son applied for an open study permit based on his parent-child relationship with the Principal Applicant, so he could attend primary school.
· The Dependent Daughter applied for a TRV based on her parent-child relationship with the Principal Applicant, since she is currently too young to attend primary school.

The above applications were denied today; copies of the denial notices are attached to this email.

With respect, based on the documents provided, the evidence provided does not support the denial of these applications:

· The reason stated for the Dependent Spouse’s denial was that we have not proven she was the spouse of a temporary foreign worker in NOA 0, A, or B. However, a copy the Principal Applicant’s approved work permit as an E-Commerce Website Developer (NOC 2175) was included with the application; NOC 2175 is clearly Skill Level A. In addition, a copy of the Dependent Spouse’s Marriage Certificate (confirming her spousal relationship to the Principal Applicant) was included in the initial application; it is again attached to this email. Therefore, there was no reasonable basis for denying the Dependent Spouse’s application.

· The Dependent Son’s parent-child relationship to the Principal Applicant was established with his birth certificate; a copy was included in the initial application but is also attached to this email. The Dependent Son was denied because the consular officer was not satisfied that he would leave Canada at the end of his stay as a temporary resident. However, it is highly irregular (and unreasonable) to deny the open study permit application of a minor child, with no prior history of immigration violations, who is following to join a temporary foreign worker.

· The Dependent Daughter’s parent-child relationship to the Principal Applicant was established with her birth certificate; a copy was included in the initial application but is also attached to this email. The Dependent Daughter was denied because the consular officer was not satisfied that she would leave Canada at the end of her stay as a temporary resident. However, it is highly irregular (and unreasonable) to deny the TRV application of a minor child, with no prior history of immigration violations, who is following to join a temporary foreign worker.

In summary, there was no reasonable basis for the consular officer to deny the above applications based on the evidence provided. We therefore ask you to reconsider the above denials based on all evidence that was provided with the initial applications.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-----------------------------------------------------
And next day on Sep 11, 2019, he sent another email to christopher.kerr@international.gc.ca

Dear Mr. Kerr:

I sent this email to the general inquiries email address for the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi yesterday because I was unable to track down your email address until this morning. In case the team responsible for monitoring the general inquiries email address has not yet forwarded this to you, I am now sending my previous email directly to you now.

As you can see, there appears to have been a misunderstanding regarding what documentation was included with the Dependent Spouse’s application. Relevant evidence was clearly provided in the initial application but appears to have been overlooked.

In addition, the study permit application filed by the Dependent Son and the TRV application filed by the Dependent Daughter appear to have been adjudicated as standalone applications, rather than as applications filed by dependent minor children of a temporary foreign worker. They were apparently denied based on a finding that they might not return to their home country at the end of their period of authorized stay - I have rarely seen this ground cited for dependent minor children (who have no prior history of immigration violations) of a temporary foreign worker who is already working in Canada.

I respectfully request that you reconsider these denials. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide to resolve this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

After that, we didn't get any reply from the visa office. From my side, I also submitted the web form on Sep 20, 2019 to ask for status.

But still no reply.

Do we need to wait and how much time we need to wait??

Or is there any other way to contact them so we know what is the current status of the application??

Thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Did you provide sufficient evidence of your NOC A job - what about payslips? The letters make no mention of your payslips. You should have submitted at least three months of your payslips.

It can take IRCC a month or more to respond. It may be quicker for you to reapply if you truly meet all the requirements and have all the evidence.

There's no real way of getting an instant reply. You could have tried your local MPs office, but with the elections coming there's very little chance of getting any help there.

chakkal

Sep 23, 2019
Did you provide sufficient evidence of your NOC A job - what about payslips? The letters make no mention of your payslips. You should have submitted at least three months of your payslips.

It can take IRCC a month or more to respond. It may be quicker for you to reapply if you truly meet all the requirements and have all the evidence.

There's no real way of getting an instant reply. You could have tried your local MPs office, but with the elections coming there's very little chance of getting any help there.

No, as per my lawyer, there was no need to attach payslips. So they didn;t attach any payslips.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just be aware he can reject again your spouse the same way he did children (where he will simply point out lack of ties to their home country).

And kind of answer of your lawyer is not much. It is the same as saying that he has rarely seen a Mercedes car. But that does not mean that Mercedes is a rare car.

That answer did not treat the cause of this problem at all. He was supposed to demonstrate the ties to your home country. And as children of that small age do not have their own ties that would matter, that means to proper demonstrate ties of parents and why you and your spouse want to return home.

Anyway that rejection was rather clever. Because even if you manage to show your NOC properly, children will remain denied. So either your spouse will move without them (by which she will show high interest in Canada and can be still rejected when entering Canada) or she will stay home anyway.

chakkal

Sep 23, 2019

Hi
My question is "my lawyer replied back to denial. Now almost 20 days over but no response yet from visa officer side."

How much time they will take or i will start preparing new application??

chakkal

Sep 23, 2019
just be aware he can reject again your spouse the same way he did children (where he will simply point out lack of ties to their home country).

And kind of answer of your lawyer is not much. It is the same as saying that he has rarely seen a Mercedes car. But that does not mean that Mercedes is a rare car.

That answer did not treat the cause of this problem at all. He was supposed to demonstrate the ties to your home country. And as children of that small age do not have their own ties that would matter, that means to proper demonstrate ties of parents and why you and your spouse want to return home.

Anyway that rejection was rather clever. Because even if you manage to show your NOC properly, children will remain denied. So either your spouse will move without them (by which she will show high interest in Canada and can be still rejected when entering Canada) or she will stay home anyway.

Hi
My question is "my lawyer replied back to denial. Now almost 20 days over but no response yet from visa officer side."

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

check GCMS notes to see what is your situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

What exactly did your lawyer do? Did he officially appeal the decision? Or did he send a reconsideration request to the visa office?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.