+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No proof of reestablishment in Canada: What will happen then?

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Hello everyone,

so I have everything I need to submit the application forms for spousal sponsorship outland, except for one thing:
I have no proof of re-establishment in Canada. I explained that both my husband and I intend to work, that our kids will go to school there, but I have no documents regarding our plan. Will they send the application forms back because of that?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It will be good to show them tentative plans for your re-establishment in Canada, even if they're not set in stone. Do you know the area you want/ will be moving to? Look into the schools in that neighbourhood and say that this is where you plan to register your children for school. As for employment, show some job searches you've done in your field to prove that you do indeed have plans of employment and have already begun to do some research in that area. I think things like that, that show that you have been researching and looking into things, and aren't just planning on 100% winging it once you arrive will be good in proving reestablishment in Canada.You can also say that you don't have any concrete plans yet, as you don't want to make huge changes and commitments to things until you have the visa in hand.

mercur

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
A friend of mine signed a contract with a real estate agent in Ontario to represent him for buying a house. I guess signing a contract with realtor does not obligate you with anything however it was accepted by CIC as a proof of intention to return to Canada. Also if you know someone who owns a business, a job offer will do as well.

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
We included search history on the town we are moving too and job searches. And the receipt for the local Canadian paper we were having sent to us every week.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
I showed them my stock accounts, to show proof of funds to establish ourselves there.

Plus we had an offer to buy for one our businesses in Thailand which showed us pulling up roots, hopefully with the intent to move to Canada.

We also did the real estate agent thing mentioned in another post, signed an agreement for six months with an agent exclusively.

We also had a letter from my Mom inviting us to live with her until we found a place of our own.

I forgot that one as mentioned elsewhere I also changed my Visa in Thailand from a yearly one to a 90 day one to show them our intent to sever ties. Put our house for sale, car for sale etc. and mentioned how hard it was to have everything in limbo waiting on the PR

That was it for us.

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks everyone for your helpful answers. I will explain them in detail where we intend to live, what kind of jobs we are looking for and where our kids will go to school. Hope that is enough.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
apparently as mentioned above, proving the "opposite" has worked too...show that you are preparing to move.... get estimates from moving comanies... letters written to current employers to explain the upcoming departure, listings if you are selling property, letters to landlords explaining the intent to leave on PR receipt... if you can't prove that you are going, try to demonstrate that you are not staying :)

finally, when at a total loss, many have succeeded with a letter from family or close friends saying they will help you get on your feet and get settled once you land...

if you fail to provide them with any sort of proof they will come back and request it... not sure a written plan will suffice, but if that's all you have you can try...

good luck