+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PR card yet / have to travel to the Dominican

bielaws3

Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

I became a landed immigrant in Canada on Oct 9th, and two months later on Dec 10th I still don't have my PR card. The PR card application does not even appear on the online status tool - not sure if that's because they haven't started working on it, or because it is somehow included with the initial landing documents (not a separate application).

My employer booked a trip to the Dominican Republic on Jan 13, 2019. I am from the Philippines.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do if I don't get my PR card on time.

- can we request an urgent card for a FIRST TIME PR card ?
- if I don't have it, how hard is it to get a PR travel document in a place like the Dominican Republic? Will I even be able to travel there on my Philippine passport?

Any information greatly appreciated!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
Hi,

I became a landed immigrant in Canada on Oct 9th, and two months later on Dec 10th I still don't have my PR card. The PR card application does not even appear on the online status tool - not sure if that's because they haven't started working on it, or because it is somehow included with the initial landing documents (not a separate application).

My employer booked a trip to the Dominican Republic on Jan 13, 2019. I am from the Philippines.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do if I don't get my PR card on time.

- can we request an urgent card for a FIRST TIME PR card ?
- if I don't have it, how hard is it to get a PR travel document in a place like the Dominican Republic? Will I even be able to travel there on my Philippine passport?

Any information greatly appreciated!
1/ The posted processing time is 53 days, note there has been a mail strike, so it quite possibly delayed.
2. There is no expedited processing for the first card.
3/ You would have to submit it to the VAC in Santo Domingo. See: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/DominicanRepublic/index.html
4. If you don't have your PR card, you will need a visa to enter.