Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Passport Req..
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Been almost 2 months since I send my Biodata and RPRF. Still waiting for PPR!

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BhaskarCA said:
But how can they differentiate between applicants as my friend who applied after me in the same category got PPR just after two week's of RPRF?
Hello BhaskarCA, is your friends case similar to yours? I mean like same country, same travel history, same everything? Because these could affect the security clearance.

BhaskarCA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
cecstatchk said:
Hello BhaskarCA, is your friends case similar to yours? I mean like same country, same travel history, same everything? Because these could affect the security clearance.
Almost the same.....we came here at the same time enrolled in the same course from different college with the same duration, from same country but I'm not sure about his previous travel history

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
kushari said:
I still don't understand, how is there a security check after the Medical if they've already asked for RCMP clearance and Police certificate's from back home?
Security and criminality are two different things. The police certificates are only for criminality. Security checks are done after the medical and handled by CSIS. It can take a couple of days to over 6 months, and every applicant is different. Depends on your name, date of birth, nationality, travel history, etc. There are still people waiting from October and November who have not yet received their PPR.

akmedo

Mar 3, 2014
kushari said:
I still don't understand, how is there a security check after the Medical if they've already asked for RCMP clearance and Police certificate's from back home?
Same here, I had to go through the finger print process. before medical, so if they are doing more checks then its just over kill.
Might have something to do with fact I was born in Saudi Arabia

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
BhaskarCA said:
Almost the same.....we came here at the same time enrolled in the same course from different college with the same duration, from same country but I'm not sure about his previous travel history
Do you also have the same name and date of birth?

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
BhaskarCA said:
So it figures your application and security process will be different from your friend's

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
BhaskarCA said:
Just because we are born in a different year/month?
I think the point that you should understand is that every applicant is different. As much as you think you and your friend are the same, you're not. When CSIS conducts security and background checks, they look at names, date of births, nationalities, travel history etc., in different databases. If they feel something matches or requires more investigation, it can delay the process by months. No one can tell you whether your review will be faster or slower than another applicant's because each applicant is different.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BhaskarCA said:
Just because we are born in a different year/month?
Not just DOB, other factors like travel history which I know. But there could be others. Since this process cannot be transparent we cant be sure of all the details. I would say don't worry because you have crossed a lot of stages (eligibility main) and you are in almost final. I know that's why we all panic when our friends case works faster than ours. I'm in the same boat as your are and infact lot of people are in the same boat.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
cecstatchk said:
Not just DOB, other factors like travel history which I know. But there could be others. Since this process cannot be transparent we cant be sure of all the details. I would say don't worry because you have crossed a lot of stages (eligibility main) and you are in almost final. I know that's why we all panic when our friends case works faster than ours. I'm in the same boat as your are and infact lot of people are in the same boat.
Exactly! As I said, there are applicants waiting from September, October and November, who paid the RPRF and did their medicals way before me and others. I'm a Feb applicant and tons of people from March, April, May and June have completed their landing. There is no use comparing my application to theirs because it's not the same application.

BhaskarCA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
spookyb said:
Exactly! As I said, there are applicants waiting from September, October and November, who paid the RPRF and did their medicals way before me and others. I'm a Feb applicant and tons of people from March, April, May and June have completed their landing. There is no use comparing my application to theirs because it's not the same application.
Hmm.....understand that. I was thinking it's because they have to co-ordinate among themselves to find out my medicals done under PNP.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
BhaskarCA said:
Hmm.....understand that. I was thinking it's because they have to co-ordinate among themselves to find out my medicals done under PNP.
I understand there can be some delay when they have to attach another medical report to your file. You could send them a reminder email. Also, apply for your GCMS notes and it will tell you whether they have attached your medical and/or whether they have at least acknowledged your request.

BhaskarCA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
spookyb said:
I understand there can be some delay when they have to attach another medical report to your file. You could send them a reminder email. Also, apply for your GCMS notes and it will tell you whether they have attached your medical and/or whether they have at least acknowledged your request.
Thanks but do they really acknowledge reminder emails before the processing time? I am planning to apply for GCMS next week.