+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No points in PR for online courses due to Covid 19

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
How did you confirm? My school confirmed that if 50% of program is completed in Canada, we will get points. Also, while filling out express entry profile, one has to chose between full time and part time for any education credential. There is no option to chose between online or in-class or anything else. So if your program is full time, you should select full time and the system will automatically give you points. I don't know what these IRCC guys are saying on Twitter, but that clearly does not reflect in how their system continues to work. So I'm not worrying now. Let's see what happens.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
How did you confirm? My school confirmed that if 50% of program is completed in Canada, we will get points. Also, while filling out express entry profile, one has to chose between full time and part time for any education credential. There is no option to chose between online or in-class or anything else. So if your program is full time, you should select full time and the system will automatically give you points. I don't know what these IRCC guys are saying on Twitter, but that clearly does not reflect in how their system continues to work. So I'm not worrying now. Let's see what happens.
It does not matter, they can visit our school website to check whether our courses are online or not. And they probably will assume your courses are online and ask you to provide sufficient evidence to prove that your course is offline (i.e. recording of the classes that you are taking with your face and your professor's face)

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Right now, there's still a lot of time when the first batch of students starts to finish 1 year course (Fall 2020) and IRCC has about 6 months to 1 year to revisit this policy. Worrying about something that hasn't been reviewed at the moment is of no use. Focus on visa/getting the necessary education and try to complete at least 50% of course in Canada first.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
It is unfair, but here is the reality. Your school just want to prevent you to defer, so they can make money.
And to be honest, most of us are not afraid of attending offline courses, but most professors will not take the risk for us even schools allow them to conduct offline courses. I guess that there will be lots of lawsuits against the IRCC and universities in the courts in various provinces, even protests!

And yes, we need to fight for our rights! Silence or inaction will not benefit us.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
They promptly revisited the PGWP requirement, but not the CRS score. Meaning? They probably will not change it. It is just as simple as that!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
(i.e. recording of the classes that you are taking with your face and your professor's face)
If you're applying for Express Entry, your study program is already over. How will you obtain video/photographic evidence after the fact?

The 50% rule refers to your physical presence inside Canada, not necessarily inside a classroom.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
If you're applying for Express Entry, your study program is already over. How will you obtain video/photographic evidence after the fact?

The 50% rule refers to your physical presence inside Canada, not necessarily inside a classroom.
Wrong! It refers to a classroom, a traditional classroom with chair, white/black board, and a professor. And you listen to the professor through air vibration not electronic signals. I read one twitter post from IRCC, and it is very clear.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
And guys! If you are lucky enough to have offline courses. MAKE SURE TO TAKE VIDEO RECORDING IN EVERY SINGLE CLASS! I believe IRCC will ask you to attach those videos at the end. Because they probably will have a presumption that your courses are online. And you have to prove to them their presumption is wrong.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Wrong! It refers to a classroom, a traditional classroom with chair, white/black board, and a professor. And you listen to the professor through air vibration not electronic signals. I read one twitter post from IRCC, and it is very clear.
Did we not just say that tweets are not official statements? Whoever manages that account contradicts themselves constantly.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
they can visit our school website to check whether our courses are online or not.
And guys! If you are lucky enough to have offline courses. MAKE SURE TO TAKE VIDEO RECORDING IN EVERY SINGLE CLASS! I believe IRCC will ask you to attach those videos at the end. Because they probably will have a presumption that your courses are online. And you have to prove to them their presumption is wrong.
So which is it? If they can check with the university then why the need to take videos?
How would you attach a video if there are size limitations?
These are baseless claims.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
So which is it? If they can check with the university then why the need to take videos?
How would you attach a video if there are size limitations?
These are baseless claims.
Ok sure. They will ask the university. And what if the university told them "the courses are hybrid". I know some universities make this claim. And if you are in this kind of university, you are so lucky. But since the IRCC is told that "the courses are hybrid", how they are going to check? They have no other choices but ask you to upload the videos.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Ok sure. They will ask the university. And what if the university told them "the courses are hybrid". I know some universities make this claim. And if you are in this kind of university, you are so lucky. But since the IRCC is told that "the courses are hybrid", how they are going to check? They have no other choices but ask you to upload the videos.
Bro I recommend you stop jumping to conclusions and speculations unless you see changes on canada.ca confirming such updates. You are just giving yourself and others on this forum anxiety.

Reactions: blackfox

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
he was giving me anxiety but then he started talking completely absurd and pointless so i’m better now. uploading videos of classes? seriously?
You are at the denial stage right now. I think if the government don't remove the restriction soon, they will not make a change. And if they would not make a change, they will not make an announcement, because the current policy is crystal clear. Furthermore, if you know the Goyal v. Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology case, you will understand that in Operational Bulletin 631 – October 17, 2016 the IRCC clearly stated that you have to provide proof that your coursework are offline!
  • Include documentary evidence that the majority of their coursework, including transfer credits, was done in-class and not by distance learning.
I am making a sincere suggestion to our people, and you said I am talking completely absurd and pointless. I am telling you the video recording is the best format of documentary evidence.

Taking video recording is not absurd at all. I think maybe it is the only way to convince the IRCC during the COVID time.

Last edited: