+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No points in PR for online courses due to Covid 19

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
IRCC twitter handle yesterday stated that there's going to be no points for Canadian education in CRS score if we do it online due to Covid 19. How is it fair?

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Quote:

"1/2 There have been no changes to how CRS points are awarded for education. CRS points for Canadian educational credential cannot be awarded if your credentials were obtained in a study or training program in which distance learning amounted to more than half...

2/2 CRS points for Canadian educational credential cannot be awarded if your credentials were obtained in a study or training program in which distance learning amounted to more than half of the program."

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Do you know how are they going to determine it? I filed for express entry and the only option in education was to choose between full time and part time. And since my course was full time, I chose full time and got points. Are they going to reject my file after submission? Theres nothing on my certificate or transcript that states how much was online

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Do you know how are they going to determine it? I filed for express entry and the only option in education was to choose between full time and part time. And since my course was full time, I chose full time and got points. Are they going to reject my file after submission? Theres nothing on my certificate or transcript that states how much was online
Are you in Canada or abroad because if you are abroad, then clearly they know you are doing it online

Reactions: Lakshaysh93