+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No points in PR for online courses due to Covid 19

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
It should be counted to anyone with a study permit. It's not like you'll learn more when your watching lectures from Canada than if you were in Spain. If they don't change it then damn....

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
That's only for PGWP not CRS points. There's no definitive statement that declares that distance learning will still allow studying in Canada points. Because, technically all online studying is distance learning
Hi ,
I went through the PR application form and no where they have mentioned regarding the stay in Canada (8 months) during your studies, they are just looking whether its part time (NO POINTS FOR PART TIME) or full time and obviously if you are doing full time its presumed that you are in Canada (but because of this pandemic this is happening) so i feel we will get Canadian education points while filing PR.

sufjans

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi ,
I went through the PR application form and no where they have mentioned regarding the stay in Canada (8 months) during your studies, they are just looking whether its part time (NO POINTS FOR PART TIME) or full time and obviously if you are doing full time its presumed that you are in Canada (but because of this pandemic this is happening) so i feel we will get Canadian education points while filing PR.
Yeah it was part time or full time and since my program was full time i also chose full time. But I’m confirming from my school what should i select. Because if they later reject the application it will be big trouble. anyway they’re taking more than a year to decide.

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hi ,
that’s exactly what i thought.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
IRCC twitter handle yesterday stated that there's going to be no points for Canadian education in CRS score if we do it online due to Covid 19. How is it fair?
So you need to ensure at least 50% of your education is completed in Canada in order to be able to claim points in your PR application/Express entry. If your program is of one year in duration then you and you competed your course online, you cannot count it towards express entry.

protonblast

Nov 8, 2020
Do you know how are they going to determine it? I filed for express entry and the only option in education was to choose between full time and part time. And since my course was full time, I chose full time and got points. Are they going to reject my file after submission? Theres nothing on my certificate or transcript that states how much was online
I think they will ask you specifically if any of your courses are online. And they may even ask you for proof (i.e. photos)