+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No POE after stamping? Read this!

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
For those who haven't received the POE / correspondence letter on their GCKey after stamping, don't worry about it. I mean it is good to have but not compulsory. If you have already booked flights then don't cancel it just because you haven't received POE. I contacted IRCC Delhi regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Gist of the email is that POE is not required to travel and the border officers already have access to your details. Moreover, I double checked this with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) too. Cheers!

Reactions: ShaUCan

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Okay sounds good. Instead, i have received my POE but not my passport yet. I hope my passport is sent soon. Still waiting. I already booked my flight.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
support letter is not required anymore. You can travel without it as long as your DLI is on the list.
Depends on where you’re flying from. Some airports/airlines are stricter when it comes to flights to Canada. If any of you are flying to Canada from Europe, they will ask you for this letter before boarding your flight

Reactions: ShaUCan

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Depends on where you’re flying from. Some airports/airlines are stricter when it comes to flights to Canada. If any of you are flying to Canada from Europe, they will ask you for this letter before boarding your flight
If I am not wrong, European citizens don't require counterfoil on passport. And without counterfoil, there is no other document for them to show to the airline staff. So, that makes sense.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
If I am not wrong, European citizens don't require counterfoil on passport. And without counterfoil, there is no other document for them to show to the airline staff. So, that makes sense.
Well, not all Europe is a part of the EU. I am talking mostly about those non-EU residents who make transit in Europe

Reactions: Ironclad

vamsi007

Aug 31, 2020
For those who haven't received the POE / correspondence letter on their GCKey after stamping, don't worry about it. I mean it is good to have but not compulsory. If you have already booked flights then don't cancel it just because you haven't received POE. I contacted IRCC Delhi regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Gist of the email is that POE is not required to travel and the border officers already have access to your details. Moreover, I double checked this with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) too. Cheers!
Same for me got counterfoil details yesterday but no POE letter. So did you get any counterfoil document or it was just displaying on gc key ?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Same for me got counterfoil details yesterday but no POE letter. So did you get any counterfoil document or it was just displaying on gc key ?
You can find POE letter on GC key. All you have to do is to just print it out. Don’t confuse it with the actual permit though, that is issued at POE

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I didn't have any so far, Got just counterfoil details on GC Key
How much time did pass since you got your counterfoil? I only got my letter 3 days after getting counterfoil details. However, I guess it is safe to book tickets about a month from now. By that time you will have the letter in your account