+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No POE after stamping? Read this!

Aug 22, 2022
First of all, I'm the OP lol. And I haven't travelled to Canada since the pandemic happened. But I believe waiting for POE and cancelling your flights/hotels just because of POE is not a good idea. Of course, if an individual is not comfortable traveling without POE, then sure wait. But I would suggest please contact Canadian High Commission of your country (delhi in my case) and also contact CBSA too.

I personally didn't receive any POE for study permit (SP). I just got one POE for WP (I'm in a co-op program). And because of this issue, I contacted Canada High Commission, Delhi and got this response from them in-written:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Moreover, I called CBSA and they confirmed the same thing. So, it's all good.
I'm about to travel in September 2022. I haven't yet received poe even after 20 days of stamping the passport. Will it be an issue at the airport as in today's scenario? Any idea

Reactions: Newcomer1

Newcomer1

Aug 24, 2022
Hi, Even I have not received PoE letter.. but received visa counterfoil stamping in my passport. already booked my tickets from India to travel in mid-Sep. this is making me nervous

Aug 28, 2022
Hi, Even I have not received PoE letter.. but received visa counterfoil stamping in my passport. already booked my tickets from India to travel in mid-Sep. this is making me nervous
Hey, even I'm in the same situation. Got my passport stamped on the 22nd August, but haven't gotten the POE or any other update on GC key. What are you thinking to do right now?

Gomex

Jan 5, 2020
I'm about to travel in September 2022. I haven't yet received poe even after 20 days of stamping the passport. Will it be an issue at the airport as in today's scenario? Any idea

Hello, my sister is in the same situation. Did you face any issues at Port of entry in Canada?

Gomex

Jan 5, 2020
Hey, even I'm in the same situation. Got my passport stamped on the 22nd August, but haven't gotten the POE or any other update on GC key. What are you thinking to do right now?

Hello, my sister is in the same situation. Did you face any issues at Port of entry in Canada?

Gomex

Jan 5, 2020

idealgrp98

Apr 26, 2018
Were any of you able to travel without Port of Entry Letter. My brother flight is next day. Please help!!!!

Thank you!!!!