+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No POE after stamping? Read this!

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Email your visa office explaining your situation. Make sure the subject bears [URGENT] and clearly summarizes your problem. You will receive a response from them.

Reactions: FAIZ790533

FAIZ790533

Aug 29, 2021
I just dropped a mail but did not mention URGENT and any private information like UCI or application number.
see this is what I wrote,
"Greetings, I am writing this letter to let you know that my application which got approved on 6th January 2022 for a student permit did not receive a Correspondence letter or Port of Entry Introduction letter. For your information, my counterfoil document also got updated the same day. I have my flight booked for the coming week but as said, no POEI letter.

Is it possible to travel without a POE letter? as I have my counterfoil updated.
Will I receive my Study permit on arrival without it?

Please answer.
Thank you. "

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
I reached Canada this morning with no problems. Immigration took 5 minutes. They didn't even ask me for POE. Just saw the TRV on my passport and asked me to get my permits from immigration section. I went there and my permits were already printed. They gave them to me without asking any question. I'll share my detailed experience in a new post soon.
Hey buddy, My cousin is travelling on 6th April and has same issue with No POE letter. She has filled multiple webforms and sent email to Delhi VO as well however no luck yet. Is this possible for you to forward the email which you received from Delhi VO so that we can show it if asked anywhere? If yes, i can send across my email address.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey buddy, My cousin is travelling on 6th April and has same issue with No POE letter. She has filled multiple webforms and sent email to Delhi VO as well however no luck yet. Is this possible for you to forward the email which you received from Delhi VO so that we can show it if asked anywhere? If yes, i can send across my email address.

Thank you.

1. Here is what CIC says

When you arrive in Canada

Tell the officer at the port of entry about your approved application.

If you don’t have a printed copy of your letter of introduction, you can show

• an electronic version or
  • the visitor visa in your passport, if you have one

Reactions: kamalnba
Mar 17, 2022

Thank you.
did you receive the POE letter?

Jun 22, 2022
For those who haven't received the POE / correspondence letter on their GCKey after stamping, don't worry about it. I mean it is good to have but not compulsory. If you have already booked flights then don't cancel it just because you haven't received POE. I contacted IRCC Delhi regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your email. This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
Port of Entry introduction letter is not required for you to travel to Canada. The information about your permit is in our global computer system and can be accessed by immigration officials in Canada. Please proceed to travel to Canada within the validity of the visa placed in your passport, your permit will be issued upon your arrival in Canada.
Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Gist of the email is that POE is not required to travel and the border officers already have access to your details. Moreover, I double checked this with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) too. Cheers!
Hi
I am really very tensed as my husbands work permit was approved and he got his stamped passport 10 days back, but since then nothing has been updated in his GC key . Neither Counterfoil nor POE... Is stamped passport is sufficient for travel? please reply

sishumfu

Jul 3, 2022
Hi
I am really very tensed as my husbands work permit was approved and he got his stamped passport 10 days back, but since then nothing has been updated in his GC key . Neither Counterfoil nor POE... Is stamped passport is sufficient for travel? please reply
Hi, I am in the same situation as you, can you please let me know if your husband received his POE later? Also, was his Counterfoil updated?