+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no name on birth certificate

singh116

Mar 15, 2013
On my birth certificate that was issued in India in 1998, my name is not there....the section for name is just left blank with some scribbles in it but it has all other information such as place and date of birth and my parents' name.

I had a certificate of date of birth issued by Consulate General of India in Toronto which says that as per the holder's passport, the date of birth and place etc is such and such.

Is this certificate issued by CGI enough or should I include my DOB cert. from India which doesn't have my name with it as well?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh116 said:
On my birth certificate that was issued in India in 1998, my name is not there....the section for name is just left blank with some scribbles in it but it has all other information such as place and date of birth and my parents' name.

I had a certificate of date of birth issued by Consulate General of India in Toronto which says that as per the holder's passport, the date of birth and place etc is such and such.

Is this certificate issued by CGI enough or should I include my DOB cert. from India which doesn't have my name with it as well?
DOB issued by CGI is not being accepted by CIC, there have been situations where the applications have been returned. Your secondary school certificate is valid as a DOB proof provided it has your full name along with one of yours parents full name. If you don't have sec school certificate, then make an affidavit.

G

gillharjinder

Get an affidavit from lawyer for the birth certificate and submit with your application but make sure that you take the document to the lawyer which has your correct date of birth and then he can also stamp the document as a proof that he saw the document and then he made the affidavit. I did the same you should not have any problem.

Dec 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.

:p

grsalvi

Feb 8, 2018
Hi. Can anyone tell from their experience did affidavit as DOB proof or HSC markseet as DOB instead of BC worked ? I also have BC which has DOB but not my name only parents name are mentioned.

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
Hi. Can anyone tell from their experience did affidavit as DOB proof or HSC markseet as DOB instead of BC worked ? I also have BC which has DOB but not my name only parents name are mentioned.
Hi, can you please let me know how you handled the situation? I am in the same boat - my BC does not have my name mentioned in it. Few of my friends told that BC is not mandatory for EE profiles. Can you please let me know how it went for you.