+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No job duties in offer letter

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hello All,

My employer is ready to give the offer letter but they are not providing the job duties in that. Does anyone got their PR with offer letter without job duties in CEC stream?

Thanks,

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
My company doesn't provide the job duties in offer letter. What other options i have to overcome this issue?

callisto

Mar 4, 2020
My company doesn't provide the job duties in offer letter. What other options i have to overcome this issue?
You can write the letter yourself with duties and responsibilities according to your NOC, and then ask your Manager/Director to sign it. By the way, the letter has to be on the letterhead paper and includes your superior/coworker contact information.

Reactions: Rahul024

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Check this link, your documents must meet this requirements. For this you can check "Proof of work experience" section, where it mentions exactly what your reference letter must contain, if it doesn't meet all requirements then your application can be refused. Besides work experience, you should read this whole document to avoid any mistakes. GOOD LUCK.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,

My employer is ready to give the offer letter but they are not providing the job duties in that. Does anyone got their PR with offer letter without job duties in CEC stream?
Rahul, just to be clear you are asking about the JOB OFFER LETTER for the extra 50 points, not the LETTER OF REFERENCE, is that correct? (They are two different letters).

Does your Letter of Reference contain the job duties and responsibilities? If so, and you are continuing in the same position and the job offer letter states that, it may be OK, as long as the job duties and responsibilities are described in the reference letter.

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Rahul, just to be clear you are asking about the JOB OFFER LETTER for the extra 50 points, not the LETTER OF REFERENCE, is that correct? (They are two different letters).

Does your Letter of Reference contain the job duties and responsibilities? If so, and you are continuing in the same position and the job offer letter states that, it may be OK, as long as the job duties and responsibilities are described in the reference letter.
You are right. I was checking about my JOB OFFER letter. Since my REFERENCE LETTER already has the job duties mentioned but my JOB OFFER doesn't have it.

Also, last designation that i hold with my company would be also mentioned in my OFFER LETTER (its consistent with REFERENCE LETTER).

Considering all this do you think my JOB OFFER without job duties would work?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Considering all this do you think my JOB OFFER without job duties would work?
I think as long as it is the same job title and indicates that you would continue in your current position for at least one year (or permanently) after becoming a permanent resident, and contains the other details (e.g. salary information), then it would *probably* be OK.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
You can write the letter yourself with duties and responsibilities according to your NOC, and then ask your Manager/Director to sign it. By the way, the letter has to be on the letterhead paper and includes your superior/coworker contact information.
Did it work?