+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Indian PCC even after 8 weeks

toronto07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
I have a couple of questions regarding PCC @ Toronto

Yahoo7 - Can we apply for PCC at CGI Toronto? Dont we have to go to VFS office?

Another question I have, if I apply for my PCC in Toronto (or anywhere) I have my Indian address in the form. Does the police visit the address for verification?
Reason I am asking is that my parents who stay in India at that address might be away on vacation for a week. What if police comes for verification and they are not at home.

Thanks a lot for your help.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
If I understand correctly what you want to say is that your spouse does not have a WP but her details are mentioned on your WP. It is good enough.

You are good with filing PCC application for her too.
Andy, my spouse does not have a visitor record either, I called CGI and they say that she needs to have a visitor record. But when I told them that my spouse details are on my WP, they said it might be ok but I need to talk to the officer.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Toronto07,

1) PCC has to be applied at VFS Office only. DOB Certificate has to be applied at CGI. From what I hear from others, if you wish to apply for both together, you can do it at CGI in one shot.
2) There is no physical verification by the Police at your address. All that they do is a database search and get confirmation from the State Police Headquarters.

yahoo7,

If your spouse (your dependant) had entered Canada alone, she would have a visitor record. As she accompanied you (travelled with you) to Canada, her details have been entered on your work permit which will serve as a record. So you are good to go.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, I could not manage to get a 35X35 picture, so took a 35X37 picture. Do you think this will be accepted?

PCKUMAR

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
4-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
28-06-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-08-2013. CIC received on 13-08-2013. Ecas Status changed to "Decision made" on 14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2013. PP received on 20-08-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
yahoo7 said:
guys, I could not manage to get a 35X35 picture, so took a 35X37 picture. Do you think this will be accepted?
You don't need to worry about the photograps. VFS agents don't need your photograph for PCC. When I went to apply for my PCC, they didn't take my photograph, rather they said that Consulate will request for 4 photos if required.

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
In general during PCC process,

will the Indian Police Dept send physical/hard copy of PCC to CGI by post and the same will be given to us here by the CGI

OR

Indian Police Dept will send CGI a code/message electronically and the CGI will print PCC here itself based on that code to give it to us ?

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
Hi All

I am going to apply for PR CEC category. My husband lives in USA. So he needs PCC for India done from USA (along with USA PCC).
Any one who got PCC for India done in Atlanta Indian Consulate? or any other CGI in USA. How long does it take? I checked in the forum, could not find any recent info on this.
Thanks

fussgayaobama

Jan 23, 2013
Hi,

I would like to share my experience with Indian Consulate and VFS in getting the PCC hoping that it would ppl wanting or planning to apply for PCC

I had applied for Australia's PR and as part of the process i had to get India's PCC. I had applied for the same in Dec 2012. The time mentioned by Consulate was 4 weeks and that by VFS is 4-6 weeks. So considering that i thought i would be getting my PCC by end of January. I had to travel back to India in month of february we were expecting our first baby and my wife was in India.

I applied for PCC through mail and sent my passport and workpermit via mail to vfs toronto. i started inquiring on the status after 3 weeks. But everytime VFS helpdesk guy has the same reply..saying that i have to wait for the lead time of 4 week.After a month of applying there was no update and the status was still showing "in process". It was around in mid of Jan 2013 that my wife had some medical conditions considering which i neeed to travel urgently to India.

I applied for withdrawal on 15th Jan and i was told by VFS that i will get my passport back in 2-3 days. I called them everyday and mail them twice a day. For any questions that i asked in the mail, they only have fixed template which they seem to copy paste in the reply. there was literally no help from VFS. As far as consulate is concerned they are every worst.. no phone or no email replies at all. Totally zero transperancy. I was literally blank and did not know where the process is and whats going to happen. I just kept on mailing to VFS mailing address that i got from the telephone helpline -info.intoronto@vfshelpline.com. This is suppose to be the helpdesk number of toronto. They always have the same answer that
they have forwarded the issue to the concerned department but have not got any reply from the consulate.

After following up daily on phone and by mails for 1 week to time, i decided that i will personally go to consulate. Although i was told by VFs that they will not entertain me directly, still i wanted to go and puss the matter if it was possible as i wanted to get the passport.
Also, the hepline person told me that if its urgent to go to Brampton VFS office and meet the officers there and they might help me. I asked if i can get their phone number so that i can call them, but i couldnt get any number from them.

Finally, after waiting for almost a week without any clue on whats happening and without any proper correspondance i booked my tickets to toronto. On the same day, by GODs grace there was a spark of light in the dark. I got a call from a number which i couldnt answer as i was busy.
When i called up again, it was from VFS brampton office. He told me that he had checked in their database for my withdrawal form but seems that they dont have it. Also he has talked to consulate officer on this matter and asked the consulate to keep my passport aside. He told me to fill up another form which was for complete case withdrawal. I filled up and scanned and send it to him immediately. He told me that i shall get the passport in 2 days. I checked with him yesterday and it seems that they have got the passport and today them have couriered back to me. Hoping to get it by tomorrow :) .. well i have to say that i am more happy to get my passport and work permit back more than getting the PCC. ..

Well my experience with VFS is kind of mixed..The helpline guys are just dummies .. they cant be of any help so dont waste time in speaking to them.. they just check the status in the database and will update you the same as if we done know. Indian consulate is a black box. No email replies no phone numbers that work...But if its very urgent and if you have to go, you can go there with relevant proof and your tickets (booked on the same day), in that case they may help you. But still i suggest you go and talk to VFS brampton office or the vfs office where you applied. They dont provide their phone numbers... but i got the one of the person who helped me.. for me he was an angel who came at the right time and saved me.. I will always be grateful to that person.. His name is Shusheel..

The contact number of VFS brampton office is 905-453 6353

Last but not the least, if you have plan to travel outside country then think 10 times before giving you passport for any purpose. The timelines for gettingthe work done here is unknown except if you are lucky..

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have got the PCC in the below format from CGI:

There is no adverse information in respect of XXXXXX Son of XXXXX holder of Indian/Canadian Passport No. XXXXXX issued at XXXXX on DD.MM.YYYY which would render him/her ineligible for the grant of travelfacilities including visa for Canada.

I am a little confused as to why the PCC talks about Indian/Canadian passport when mine is just Indian passport...Is this the format for others as well?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
don't worry about it...i got the same thing...the reason they do it because some canadians who were formerly Indians need to be issued PCC for various govt jobs in Canada (one of the examples)....