+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No GCMS notes after 120 days

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Good day,

I was rejected for visitor visa last week of October. I requested GCMS notes through a resident in Canada immediately after.

Until now, I have not received the GCMS notes. I tried following it up twice already, but still no response.

May I know why this happened? Also, what should I do regarding this? Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day,

I was rejected for visitor visa last week of October. I requested GCMS notes through a resident in Canada immediately after.

Until now, I have not received the GCMS notes. I tried following it up twice already, but still no response.

May I know why this happened? Also, what should I do regarding this? Thanks!
GCMS notes take many months. Reapply on your own if you want. Nothing you can do.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
GCMS notes take many months. Reapply on your own if you want. Nothing you can do.
I see, thanks. Before it used to take only 30 days. Would you know the number of months now? Will it take more than a year?

They just gave me a vague reason in the rejection: "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application". So I don't know exactly how to address this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I see, thanks. Before it used to take only 30 days. Would you know the number of months now? Will it take more than a year?

They just gave me a vague reason in the rejection: "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application". So I don't know exactly how to address this.
Takes about 90 days. Again cannot comment because I don't know your profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I did know it was 90 days before, but I submitted mine last week of October, so it's already been four months. :(
So you didn’t apply for them through a GCMS company but had a Canadian resident do it on your behalf? As Canadian resident to send webform or contact IRCC about status. Assume person did if for you and has documentation.

Or file again but do it yourself.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Yes, asked the
So you didn’t apply for them through a GCMS company but had a Canadian resident do it on your behalf? As Canadian resident to send webform or contact IRCC about status. Assume person did if for you and has documentation.

Or file again but do it yourself.
Yes I asked the resident to follow it up, and we have already done so twice. We only got auto-reply, and until now we still have no feedback.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Seems IRCC doesn’t want to send notes when they see that they’ve wrongfully rejected the file. It’s their way to make money by wrongfully rejecting files and getting people to reapply. I’ve applied for several GCMS notes over the past 9 months, latest one being in January, and NO reply from them.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Seems IRCC doesn’t want to send notes when they see that they’ve wrongfully rejected the file. It’s their way to make money by wrongfully rejecting files and getting people to reapply. I’ve applied for several GCMS notes over the past 9 months, latest one being in January, and NO reply from them.
Were the original applications sent via GCKey or the new IRCC portal?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Yes, the applications we applied for GCMS notes for were also lodged via the new IRCC portal. Could this be the reason why it’s taking so long/ they’re not responding?
They’re not responding because they know they’ve not been updating the notes and making a farce of the whole system. Time for a class action lawsuit against IRCC I’m sure it’s coming from somewhere.

• Sad
Reactions: eagerly