+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No GCMS notes after 120 days

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
They’re not responding because they know they’ve not been updating the notes and making a farce of the whole system. Time for a class action lawsuit against IRCC I’m sure it’s coming from somewhere.
I see, thanks. In this case, it might be better to lodge the re-application through the GCKey system.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I see, thanks. In this case, it might be better to lodge the re-application through the GCKey system.
What application are you talking about? Visitor visa apps were applied via IRCC portal because based on questions, it was recommended by the website.
I’m talking about delay or “no show” of the GCMS notes

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
What application are you talking about? Visitor visa apps were applied via IRCC portal because based on questions, it was recommended by the website.
I’m talking about delay or “no show” of the GCMS notes
I meant a new visa application through GCKey instead of IRCC Portal. When I applied via GCKey before, we got the GCMS notes in at least 30 days; with the IRCC portal, we are still waiting for the GCMS notes.

Last edited:

thefallenstar

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Melbourne, Australia
NOC Code......
I don't understand what is going with some of the GCMS notes applications at IRCC or CBSA. I have seen some get in 30 days and others are waiting for more than 100 days. For me, I have applied three times for GCMS notes and I have never had problem in receiving it in 30 to 40 days. Since I am not present in Canada or have any PR in Canada, I used gcmsapply.com to apply for GCMS notes. Costs around $6.

Reactions: eagerly

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
I don't understand what is going with some of the GCMS notes applications at IRCC or CBSA. I have seen some get in 30 days and others are waiting for more than 100 days. For me, I have applied three times for GCMS notes and I have never had problem in receiving it in 30 to 40 days. Since I am not present in Canada or have any PR in Canada, I used gcmsapply.com to apply for GCMS notes. Costs around $6.
I asked a relative in Canada (the one we were supposed to visit) to send application for GCMS notes last November. Until now we haven't received it.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
I got my GCMS notes finally last month. They did not provide any further explanation. It just said this:

I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application.:(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got my GCMS notes finally last month. They did not provide any further explanation. It just said this:

I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application.:(
Reapply and address reasons from applications. Your 6 or 7 past refusals really don’t help you because you showed that want to live/work/study in Canada. Looking at past posts, you were:

- Multiple refusals: 6 or 7 TRV/study permit refusals between 2019-2021. Why were you desperate to come to Canada? You need to show strong ties to return. If you have a child/spouse then apply alone without them. Show employer letters with approved leave. Properties/investments/loans.
- Visit: Have a visit that fits your funds. Think you had $20k so a month is a long visit for more than one person.
- Family ties: If you have spouse and child then apply alone.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Reapply and address reasons from applications. Your 6 or 7 past refusals really don’t help you because you showed that want to live/work/study in Canada. Looking at past posts, you were:

- Multiple refusals: 6 or 7 TRV/study permit refusals between 2019-2021. Why were you desperate to come to Canada? You need to show strong ties to return. If you have a child/spouse then apply alone without them. Show employer letters with approved leave. Properties/investments/loans.
- Visit: Have a visit that fits your funds. Think you had $20k so a month is a long visit for more than one person.
- Family ties: If you have spouse and child then apply alone.
Thank you, appreciate your insights. I had second thoughts actually about applying. This was just supposed to be a quick visit, and my parents invited me to come along and apply to visit my sister. But they really pit emphasis on the red flags.

What I’m more disappointed in is in the GCMS, they gave the exact same text they gave in the initial rejection letter. No additional details were provided; it was just a generic explanation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, appreciate your insights. I had second thoughts actually about applying. This was just supposed to be a quick visit, and my parents invited me to come along and apply to visit my sister. But they really pit emphasis on the red flags.

What I’m more disappointed in is in the GCMS, they gave the exact same text they gave in the initial rejection letter. No additional details were provided; it was just a generic explanation.
Maybe generic because you have 6-7 refusals. Just that alone is a red flag. The notes state that you are not planning to leave - 6/7 applications including study permits - show that. What did those GCMS notes say from all the other refusals?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Maybe generic because you have 6-7 refusals. Just that alone is a red flag. The notes state that you are not planning to leave - 6/7 applications including study permits - show that. What did those GCMS notes say from all the other refusals?
They didn’t believe the studies I was pursuing was reasonable, since they thought it was too close to my background. I tried modifying my SOP several times to convince them that it was an upgrade of my working background/ previous studies, but they weren’t convinced.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They didn’t believe the studies I was pursuing was reasonable, since they thought it was too close to my background. I tried modifying my SOP several times to convince them that it was an upgrade of my working background/ previous studies, but they weren’t convinced.
So all refusals were study permits except for the most recent TRV refusal. If all these refusals were within the last couple of year then you may want to consider not applying for another TRV for quite a while. In the meantime, improve your funds and establish ties in home country.

Reactions: eagerly

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

When you applied for gcms notes and where you applied which website