+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No company fax, phone, email in Reference Letter, will be rejected?

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
I would like to rephrase my concern that whether I may get rejection because there is no company fax, telephone, email in my Letter of Reference.

The fact is, on my company official letter, there is only address, company name and logo on the header of the letter paper.
There is no company fax, telephone, email address.

But I asked my manager write his office phone, mobile phone, email address under his signature on the Reference Letter.

So will it be considered as "no company phone, fax" and then I may get rejection?
What "company phone, fax" does mean? Is company information to the public, or just like my manager's office phone, email box, can be considered as "company fax, phone", too?

Please kindly share your suggestion.

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
Even I am in the same boat. My company letterhead doesn't have any phone number, fax or email address. Just the company's website address and its physical address.

Any guidance shall be appreciated.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hhhh said:
I would like to rephrase my concern that whether I may get rejection because there is no company fax, telephone, email in my Letter of Reference.

The fact is, on my company official letter, there is only address, company name and logo on the header of the letter paper.

But I asked my manager write his office phone, mobile phone, email address under his signature on the Reference Letter.

So will it be considered as "no company phone, fax" and then I may get rejection?
What "company phone, fax" does mean? Is company information to the public, or just like my manager's office phone, email box, can be considered as "company fax, phone", too?

As long as there is some form of contact details, in your case your manager has mentioned his email and phone number, it should be good enough. However, would suggest you to submit a Letter of Explanation stating that letter heads in your company does not have these details, instead you can share the company website which has contact details.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Would CIC take it against you if the employer is no longer in that address shown in the COE? Should I take the responsibility to know that they are no longer there? I was wondering what if you really don't know where the employer moved since you resigned (let's say it's a small company that has no website).

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Stanlee,

Thanks for your reply.
I am considering whether I should write a LoE to that or not. I do believe LoE is helpful, but on the other and, whether it will bring more "paper work" to VO or may raise his/her attention then bring some "negative" effects or not...

Stanlee said:
As long as there is some form of contact details, in your case your manager has mentioned his email and phone number, it should be good enough. However, would suggest you to submit a Letter of Explanation stating that letter heads in your company does not have these details, instead you can share the company website which has contact details.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
hhhh said:

I submitted my application without the company address; however I made sure that was other documentation that showed a company address. My payslips, and even a google search screenshot of the office address (I work in a large MNC). Also, I went to great lengths in my LOE to point out where the address is listed in the payslips including screenshots of the relevant portion of my payslips.

Is this enough? Probably. Is it bullet proof? I don't know.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Some companies have weird letter heads: logo and address and thats it.

I would suggest attaching business card of those who signed the letter and also putting a signature of that person on the business card.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hhhh said:
Stanlee,

Thanks for your reply.
I am considering whether I should write a LoE to that or not. I do believe LoE is helpful, but on the other and, whether it will bring more "paper work" to VO or may raise his/her attention then bring some "negative" effects or not...
Reference letter is one document they will check in detail, so the chances of them finding it out even without you drawing their attention to it is high. So my personal suggestion would be send a Letter of Explanation with whatever alternate documents or links or proofs that can support your application. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: shaizeik

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
deadbird,

Thanks for your reply.
I think it is definitely enough that the actions you've done.

deadbird said:
I submitted my application without the company address; however I made sure that was other documentation that showed a company address. My payslips, and even a google search screenshot of the office address (I work in a large MNC). Also, I went to great lengths in my LOE to point out where the address is listed in the payslips including screenshots of the relevant portion of my payslips.

Is this enough? Probably. Is it bullet proof? I don't know.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
andy108,

Thanks for your reply.
I will attach the business card and LoE along with the reference letter.

andy108 said:
Some companies have weird letter heads: logo and address and thats it.

I would suggest attaching business card of those who signed the letter and also putting a signature of that person on the business card.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Stanlee,

Thanks for your reply. I will attach LoE along with my reference letter and business card~

Stanlee said:
Reference letter is one document they will check in detail, so the chances of them finding it out even without you drawing their attention to it is high. So my personal suggestion would be send a Letter of Explanation with whatever alternate documents or links or proofs that can support your application. It is better to be safe than sorry.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
LokiJr01 said:
Would CIC take it against you if the employer is no longer in that address shown in the COE? Should I take the responsibility to know that they are no longer there? I was wondering what if you really don't know where the employer moved since you resigned (let's say it's a small company that has no website).
You can contact your reference and find out their address and raise a CSE.

If you can't find your employer address or cant reach out to your reference, then it looks shady.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
LokiJr01 said:
You can submit a Letter of Explanation stating the address change and mention the new address and contact details. I did this for one of my employers while submitting eAPR.

Robert Sandin

Apr 14, 2020
How did you do that? I would like to know more about it how to apply perfectly without rejection? I got a fax guide website like googlefaxfree which is more popular among all users. Googlefaxfree is also helpful to send international fax Google Fax Free. This one considers as a best free fax guide for iPhone or iPad. Let me know is there anything that can be helpful?

Last edited:

Bendict4

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks a lot buddy for your reply. I have heard about googlefaxfree in the past. This one is much more popular among all fax users as a guide website. Right now I have been using cocofax. This one also helps me to send free fax and completely free of charge. You can this fax service if you want. All the best!