+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No company fax, phone, email in Reference Letter, will be rejected?

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi all,

this post seems a little old so not sure if i get a response. trying my luck.

I had submitted my PR application in May and my background check is still in process. This usually doesn't take this long so I read about what could be the possible reasons for this delay. Someone mentioned that at times IRCC does not get a timely response when they reach out to institutions for verifications. I thought I would try reaching out to the companies I am claiming points for to see if they can respond to any calls/emails from IRCC on time to get this expedited.

I soon learned that one of my job letters does not include a company email address. It had the company phone number and the address, but not an email ID.Could this be the reason?

Is this a serious problem? should I do something about it? The company letterhead never had an email on it. I am freaking out now

Hoping to get a response from someone. Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all,

I had submitted my PR application in May and my background check is still in process. This usually doesn't take this long so I read about what could be the possible reasons for this delay. Someone mentioned that at times IRCC does not get a timely response when they reach out to institutions for verifications. I thought I would try reaching out to the companies I am claiming points for to see if they can respond to any calls/emails from IRCC on time to get this expedited.

I soon learned that one of my job letters does not include a company email address. It had the company phone number and the address, but not an email ID.Could this be the reason?

Is this a serious problem? should I do something about it? The company letterhead never had an email on it. I am freaking out now

Thanks,
IRCC rarely calls/emails employers - they should, but they don't! If you had placed a phone number, you should be fine and it is unlikely to impact your application. At best, IRCC will ask in the form of an ADR.

If you would like to understand, at this stage IRCC can't cancel or reject you. The worst thing will be a PFL, to which you can provide a response with the letter that has an email in it.

Read a bit more on BGC rather than freaking out because of assumptions: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

There's so much information in this forum that I will encourage you to read. Use the following search operator in Google:
Code:
no email in reference letter site:canadavisa.com
You'll find past cases and information that will clear your doubts.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
IRCC rarely calls/emails employers - they should, but they don't! If you had placed a phone number, you should be fine and it is unlikely to impact your application. At best, IRCC will ask in the form of an ADR.

If you would like to understand, at this stage IRCC can't cancel or reject you. The worst thing will be a PFL, to which you can provide a response with the letter that has an email in it.

Read a bit more on BGC rather than freaking out because of assumptions: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

There's so much information in this forum that I will encourage you to read. Use the following search operator in Google:
Code:

Code:
Thank you so much. your response is highly appreciated. I hope it works out like that. Will wait to see what happens.

And thanks for sharing the tip. I will explore the forums.

Regards,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you so much. your response is highly appreciated. I hope it works out like that. Will wait to see what happens.

And thanks for sharing the tip. I will explore the forums.

Regards,
You'll find so many cases and I guess seeing data would be very comforting :)

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi all,

Thanks,
Hows your application?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
As long as there is some form of contact details, in your case your manager has mentioned his email and phone number, it should be good enough. However, would suggest you to submit a Letter of Explanation stating that letter heads in your company does not have these details, instead you can share the company website which has contact details.
What about my manager is using his personal email address as contact info?