+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO CBSA records for returning trips to Canada when you use Self-Kiosk

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
I already emailed the person who was mentioned for any further information with the record. I think I will receive a reply soon. It is good that you shared your thoughts. I suspected that why they missed my last trip was of the use of PR card and not the passport. There was no place to put PR card number in the online request except the UCI number. Anyways, here we go.
Don't email, just call. they usually never reply to the email but calling always work.

OhCanada90

Nov 25, 2020
Yes. The online for asked for it since both PR's and Canadians can apply under privacy act. PR ID number is a way for CIC to confirm PR status thus qualified to apply. We also submit a picture of PR card to confirm her status.
Dear Screech I hope this finds you well
I wanted to ask you how did this go with you, were all the records there?
I had a question related to that, is there by any means a chance that the kiosk misses the scan kf the pr card? I did it today took the photo and received the receipt but I can't remember if I saw a confirmation of scanning my PR card. Whats your thought on this, will the machine go to taking the photo without passing the scan part?

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello,
Do we have to request CBSA travel records before we apply for citizenship or IRCC will request it from CBSA to confirm our physical residency? Thanks.

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
I have ordered travel records for my wife so I can see how CBSA track my wife's exit and entry. If I remember correctly , her passport was scanned leaving Canada but her PR card was used at self kiosk to enter Canada. Her passport was never used. I guess her PR card has no meaning when leaving Canada, only to be able to return to Canada. Since her PR card ID and Passport ID was submitted, CBSA should be able to link the exit and entry together. I'll let you know when I get the results.
Can you please advise how to order travel records from CBSA? Because my old passport was lost, I need that to prove my physical residency.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dear Screech I hope this finds you well
I wanted to ask you how did this go with you, were all the records there?
I had a question related to that, is there by any means a chance that the kiosk misses the scan kf the pr card? I did it today took the photo and received the receipt but I can't remember if I saw a confirmation of scanning my PR card. Whats your thought on this, will the machine go to taking the photo without passing the scan part?
The only records traced was for cross boundary between US/Canada and only international entries into Canada are tracked. Currently there is no way to track anyone leaving Canada internationally. At least that is what I am seeing in her CSBA travel records. It even wrote in the letter from CSBA that they can only track international entries into Canada.

OhCanada90

Nov 25, 2020
The only records traced was for cross boundary between US/Canada and only international entries into Canada are tracked. Currently there is no way to track anyone leaving Canada internationally. At least that is what I am seeing in her CSBA travel records. It even wrote in the letter from CSBA that they can only track international entries into Canada.
Thank you, so that means that the kiosk couldn't miss the scan and if there was a receipt and photo taken that means the scan was successful?
Because I am afraid that It didn't scan my entry

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hello,
Do we have to request CBSA travel records before we apply for citizenship or IRCC will request it from CBSA to confirm our physical residency? Thanks.
You don't have to request CBSA travel records. It is for your own personal record to make sure your travel record written on the application are as accurate as possible. IRCC will ask and get the CSBA record themselves. It is why the application has a part whereby you give permission to IRCC to retrieve travel records from them.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I have ordered travel records for my wife so I can see how CBSA track my wife's exit and entry. If I remember correctly , her passport was scanned leaving Canada but her PR card was used at self kiosk to enter Canada. Her passport was never used. I guess her PR card has no meaning when leaving Canada, only to be able to return to Canada. Since her PR card ID and Passport ID was submitted, CBSA should be able to link the exit and entry together. I'll let you know when I get the results.
CBSA don't have exit records that's why they want to see the original passport in citizenship interview to check entry stamps of other countries.

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
CBSA don't have exit records that's why they want to see the original passport in citizenship interview to check entry stamps of other countries.
Hi Vigilant, my issue is that my old passport was lost, but I still have photo copy of the pages which have stamps. Is it fine or IRCC will reject my application or request RQ non-routine?