+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO CBSA records for returning trips to Canada when you use Self-Kiosk

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

I received my CBSA travel records. I only made one trip outside Canada during my PR time ( around 17 days) and that returning of that trip is not mentioned in the CBSA travel records? I used a self-kiosk at the immigration which is only for Canadian Citizens and PR'S to clear immigration that day. I am wondering whether CBSA do have a record of my returning or not?

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hi,

I received my CBSA travel records. I only made one trip outside Canada during my PR time ( around 17 days) and that returning of that trip is not mentioned in the CBSA travel records? I used a self-kiosk at the immigration which is only for Canadian Citizens and PR'S to clear immigration that day. I am wondering whether CBSA do have a record of my returning or not?
If CBSA does have the record, there is no reason as to why they would not share it with you....

If this is about citizenship, no need to worry about CBSA records, you calculate the physical presence and provide some proof that you returned to Canada the day did...

Reactions: royce110

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
If CBSA does have the record, there is no reason as to why they would not share it with you....

If this is about citizenship, no need to worry about CBSA records, you calculate the physical presence and provide some proof that you returned to Canada the day did...
I have a general question here. Do they usually note the travels you retuned to Canada from Canadian airports? Does anyone here have a CBSA record for your returning travels via airports?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
why then they didnt mention my returning via an airport ? there is no record in the CBSA travel history report that I received.
Seems to me they may have checked the wrong record. Are you sure the passport number you provided, together with name and date of birth are correct?
Anyway, if you have made just that one trip, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. Put the dates of your trip in the physical presence chart and you should be fine. Just my opinion

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
No, they have correctly noted all my trips prior to being a PR. This was the only trip I made as a PR. Actually, I used the Automated Machines to clear this one. I didnt have to use my passport and I only used PR card for this. ( I think it is the standard way when you are a PR) So I am not sure, as I didnt go to a counter, this wasnt noted. I also think that these Automated Machines are only available in few airports in Canada. what do u think?

Last edited:

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I have a general question here. Do they usually note the travels you retuned to Canada from Canadian airports? Does anyone here have a CBSA record for your returning travels via airports?
I don't have any personal experience with CBSA records, but I vaguely remembering some forum members complaining about missing entries in the CBSA records....

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi friends, I just found the suspected reason. I have not given my PR card number in filing the privacy request for CBSA records. I have only given them the Passport numbers. So I suspect my last return to Canada as PR was only noted with my PR card and not with the passport.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I have ordered travel records for my wife so I can see how CBSA track my wife's exit and entry. If I remember correctly , her passport was scanned leaving Canada but her PR card was used at self kiosk to enter Canada. Her passport was never used. I guess her PR card has no meaning when leaving Canada, only to be able to return to Canada. Since her PR card ID and Passport ID was submitted, CBSA should be able to link the exit and entry together. I'll let you know when I get the results.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
That would be very appreciated Screech. One question, did she include the PR card number in the request?
Yes. The online for asked for it since both PR's and Canadians can apply under privacy act. PR ID number is a way for CIC to confirm PR status thus qualified to apply. We also submit a picture of PR card to confirm her status.

Last edited:

addictive_mate

Dec 7, 2009
Hi,

I can help you with this as I dealt with it. They do have all the records including automated machines! Just call the number provided to you on the cbsa letter and tell the person that records are missing. It is very likely that they didnt search using your PR card number or using your correct last/first name. You will definitely get the records.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I can help you with this as I dealt with it. They do have all the records including automated machines! Just call the number provided to you on the cbsa letter and tell the person that records are missing. It is very likely that they didnt search using your PR card number or using your correct last/first name. You will definitely get the records.

I already emailed the person who was mentioned for any further information with the record. I think I will receive a reply soon. It is good that you shared your thoughts. I suspected that why they missed my last trip was of the use of PR card and not the passport. There was no place to put PR card number in the online request except the UCI number. Anyways, here we go.