+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Canadian address proof for Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]

vejeykarthick

Jun 1, 2015
Guys, I have recently applied for Parents & Grandparents Visa for my mom and it is currently in process. My mom is currently living with me in Toronto in Super Visa. We have been asked to get Police Clearance Certificate [PCC] from India. The problem is that one of the requirement for getting PCC for Indians (living outside India) is to have a proof of address in Canada.

I don't have any of them which is listed in the checklist:
----
From BLS website checklist: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/TorontoPCCChecklistRev10.0June2018.pdf

Proof of address: Valid Driver’s license or Photo ID issued by the Ontario Government, or any utility bill (less than 6 months old)(No Bank statements accepted)
-----
From consulate of India website:

Proof of current Canadian residence address: (copy of any one of the following)
  • Canadian Driving License.
  • Gas, Electricity, water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant's address.
  • House Lease Agreement.

What should I do now? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

vejeykarthick

Jun 1, 2015
Yes I spoke to the BLS Canada about my situation. Since my mom doesn’t have any proof of residence in her name, they asked my drivers license, PR card and passport to support her application. It worked!!! Hope it helps for others. BLS Canada was very friendly over phone and it just took me 1 hour in person to get the police certificate application filed with them.

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Thanks for sharing here and helping others. I am in a similar situation while trying to sponsor my husband

krish@india

Jul 29, 2018
I have a similar situation. I have a valid photo id card but the address on it shows my previous address. I recently moved to a different place just be fore gettign the ITA. I went to service ontario and got the new address updated. But to get the new Photo Id with latest current address it takes another 4 weeks it seems. But i dont have time, because PCC will take another 4 to 5 weeks. What i only have is the a receipt from Service ontario that shows my new address. Can i attach this receipt with my current photo id and use it as address proof ?

I tried calling BLS to check this but they seems to closed due to COVID lockdown.

nikita5890

Apr 29, 2019
Iam in a similar situation I am on visitors visa and married to Canadian citizen ans need PCC hope the situation works for me too if my husband can provide his details

nile1991

Feb 13, 2021
I have a similar situation. I have a valid photo id card but the address on it shows my previous address. I recently moved to a different place just be fore gettign the ITA. I went to service ontario and got the new address updated. But to get the new Photo Id with latest current address it takes another 4 weeks it seems. But i dont have time, because PCC will take another 4 to 5 weeks. What i only have is the a receipt from Service ontario that shows my new address. Can i attach this receipt with my current photo id and use it as address proof ?

I tried calling BLS to check this but they seems to closed due to COVID lockdown.
Did you got workaround for this issue ? I am stuck with same issue. Tries calling BLS but seems they are closed.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Am also stuck in similar situation. Did anybody find a solution for this issue ? Ontario photo card takes around 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012

What did u do then?