+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No address in Canada for PR-Card

vacquoy

Apr 24, 2017
After having started our immigration process well over a year ago, we are now a happy family with a PR-status. We visited Canada last week and the immigration office went over our paperwork and everything was finalized! Great news.
Except... our PR-cards are to be sent to a Canadian address. And we still live in the Netherlands. And we don't know anyone in Canada to whom the cards could be sent. Are there any other people with this problem? Do you have any tips?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have Canadian address, you just apply a PRTD when you travel back to Canada.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
After having started our immigration process well over a year ago, we are now a happy family with a PR-status. We visited Canada last week and the immigration office went over our paperwork and everything was finalized! Great news.
Except... our PR-cards are to be sent to a Canadian address. And we still live in the Netherlands. And we don't know anyone in Canada to whom the cards could be sent. Are there any other people with this problem? Do you have any tips?
If you're still in canada you could get a mailbox with a street address at a local UPS, then perhaps have the mail forwarded to Netherlands. Check with UPS

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hi i want to check if i land at Montreal, can i give an address that in Toronto to receive my PR card ? (since i don't have a stable address yet)

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Hi i want to check if i land at Montreal, can i give an address that in Toronto to receive my PR card ? (since i don't have a stable address yet)
Are you landing as a federal PR? Do you have a CSQ? Does your application indicate a destination city? You can give an address anywhere in Canada, except I wouldn't give one inside Quebec if you don't have a CSQ and I wouldn't give one in Quebec if you don't have one. If you indicated a city of destination and give an address other than that city, expect perhaps some groans form the officer, but there really isn't much they can do about it, as long as you avoid any snafus regarding intention to live in Quebec.

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Yes i have a CSQ and i think the destination mentioned a city there. Can i provide other address in Canada out of this designated city ? I think the purpose is only receive the PR card right ?

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Did you end you up using UPS mailbox service?

I am doing a soft landing in 3 weeks and I also need my PR card to be forwarded overseas, can you share how you ended up solving your PR card delivery issue?

Thanks.

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Did you end you up using UPS mailbox service?

I am doing a soft landing in 3 weeks and I also need my PR card to be forwarded overseas, can you share how you ended up solving your PR card delivery issue?

Thanks.
I haven't done it yet. You are faster so you may share your experience on this once you done. Thanks.

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Congrats, vacquoy! Can you share if you have been able to solve the no-Canada-address issue? I have the same problem. I'm planning to do a soft landing in December, but I don't have a Canadian address for the PR card to be mailed to.

I've looked into getting a PO Box and having the mail forwarded internationally, but Canada Post requires a Canadian address to rent a PO Box so it goes back to same problem: no Canadian address.

Please share your experience if you have found a solution. Thank you!

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
If you don't have Canadian address, you just apply a PRTD when you travel back to Canada.
I've looked into this. IRCC asks you for a Canadian address on the PRTD application form... so it goes back to the same problem: no Canadian address..

I wonder if it is ok to leave it the Canadian address field blank when applying for a PRTD. Anyone has experience with PRTD applications? Please share. Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've looked into this. IRCC asks you for a Canadian address on the PRTD application form... so it goes back to the same problem: no Canadian address..

I wonder if it is ok to leave it the Canadian address field blank when applying for a PRTD. Anyone has experience with PRTD applications? Please share. Thanks!
In the form, it also ask you some questions relating to your absences in Canada such as accompanying someone to maintain residency obligation. If you have none, I suppose you put "not applicable" instead of leave it blank.

BobTheHelper

Oct 17, 2018

It is possible to hire a lawyer just for mailing purposes. However this is recommended to be a last resort since the fee is high.

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
you have to fill any address, they will tell you that you can change it later before the PR card is dispatched through the website.
you can fill hotel address. yet if you dont change it in time they ship the PR card it will most probably be lost.

Yellowcat

Jun 20, 2018
when they send the pr card by mail to my address, do I know this by email or on my account in CIC? I am afraid of I may be out of the city at that time. Thanks