+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No additional 90 days on study permit

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi. Just need some advice. I was issued a study permit and it expires 1 month after my program ends. This is not enough time to get a job offer and apply for pgwp. Should I apply for a study permit extension even though I wont be studying? I need 1 full year of work to apply for Pr with enough points

Madhusha12

Feb 16, 2017
Looking at the current situation in Canada, i wouldst be surprised if you needed 6 months to find job in Canada. And economy is not improving either. It is better if you do aim for 3 year pgwp.

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Cant afford to go to school again. But in terms of finding a job, I know persons that have recently found jobs in this time and it didn't take long. Thanks for the response tho

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Only you can answer this question, we don't know you as a person or your profile. But like the person above me said, the general economic situation in Canada is not great right now

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
You would need to change status to visitor if you're nearing the end of your study permit and want to remain in Canada.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi. Just need some advice. I was issued a study permit and it expires 1 month after my program ends. This is not enough time to get a job offer and apply for pgwp. Should I apply for a study permit extension even though I wont be studying? I need 1 full year of work to apply for Pr with enough points
Just out of curiosity, why do you need a job offer for the pgwp?