+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NNAS PINOYS

dusty_rose

Oct 30, 2019
I don't think it is possible since nursing is a regulated field in Canada, which means you need to have a license or be licensed before you can work. NNAS is the first step to attain this licensure. The "non-comparable" result, as others have already explained, is basically the equivalency of your nursing education or training to that of Canada's. If your NNAS result does show this, the Regulatory Body may ask you to do a refresher course or bridging program before you are eligible to write the Licensure exam. Passing the licensure exam is the last step for you to be licensed. And then you can start applying for nursing jobs in Canada.

dusty_rose

Oct 30, 2019
Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing your information in previous posts, I'm as a newbie to NNAS really appreciate it!

I'm only getting ready to apply right now. For what I've seen, as a Russian nurse, most likely I'm going to get a 'non-comparable' result.
It's not a bad thing, is it? I mean, it's still up to RB to decide whether I'm eligible to be licenced, right?

If so, what am I going to do after that? Does absence of work experience affect it? If it matters, how many years are preferable?
Can I apply my work experience after the first application to NNAS?

(I'm only about to get a nursing job, probably I'll work a year or so)

P. S. I'm still in my home country, and now trying to get to the immigration programs. Is it possible to get a job before applying to NNAS?
THanks so much, sorry about the mess!
I don't think it is possible since nursing is a regulated field in Canada, which means you need to have a license or be licensed before you can work. NNAS is the first step to attain this licensure. The "non-comparable" result, as others have already explained, is basically the equivalency of your nursing education or training to that of Canada's. If your NNAS result does show this, the Regulatory Body may ask you to do a refresher course or bridging program before you are eligible to write the Licensure exam. Passing the licensure exam is the last step for you to be licensed. And then you can start applying for nursing jobs in Canada.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
can I please ask if anyone got their family to apply for the License part with PRC. What I mean is, my wife is in canada and is going to send her brother to Manila to give them the paperwork. She heard that she needs to provide 2 notarized forms of ID and a notarized authorization letter (photocopies). Is that true? Can someone please let me know what we need to provide to her brother to drop this off? Thanks

dusty_rose

Oct 30, 2019
can I please ask if anyone got their family to apply for the License part with PRC. What I mean is, my wife is in canada and is going to send her brother to Manila to give them the paperwork. She heard that she needs to provide 2 notarized forms of ID and a notarized authorization letter (photocopies). Is that true? Can someone please let me know what we need to provide to her brother to drop this off? Thanks

Hi! Your wife needs to provide a photocopy of her PRC ID and an authorisation letter in a form of Special Power of Attorney.

Reactions: joeythecat

winston1975

Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone. Has anyone submitted an education form that is not related to a nursing program? I studied nursing overseas and that is the one I submitted to NNAS. For some strange reason, NNAS found out that I finished another health-related course/program in my native country and requested that I submit it as "initial nursing education". The problem is that the university doesn't want to complete the nursing education form as my previous course was not nursing program. Anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Ammydeep

Aug 21, 2020
I started the NNAS application Dec 2014 (PRC), and just got the NNAS advisory report this morning, as expected, that the result shows all "not comparable". They spent one year in the evaluation and made some mistakes in my school name, and full time education was changed as part time study, self-learning. I called NNAS to point out their mistake, the staff said it does not matter, as it is not important. I asked that what "not comparable means for my registration?" He said it did not mean that I am qualified or not, but up the CNO to make the decision. I did not understand the evaluation at all. NNAS answer did not make sense as well.

If there is anyone got "not comparable", and still got positive decision from CNO so far? Let us keep fingers crossed to it!
What happened next. Did you get RN when nnas mentioned not compatible

aneng29

Dec 16, 2022
Hi guys, may tanong po ako about sa prc. expired na po kasi license ko sa kanila. Kailangan po ba irenew yun bago nila ifill out yung mga forms ko from nnas?thank u po
I have same question too, did anyone answer you po salamat po

aneng29

Dec 16, 2022
hello po. meron po dapat na maglakad niyan sa PRC office, suggestion ko lang po. kasi kung isesend mo lang yan, i am not sure na may mag eentertain niyan sa office nila
Pano po if expired po Ung license sa prc, gagawin din po ba nila un if may ibang maglakad or need muna irenew ung license salamat po

mistletoes

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 5,2011
File Transfer...
Feb. 14,2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 6,2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-28-12 received (2-17-12 letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
Apr. 16,2012. Received Apr 20, 2012
LANDED..........
soooon! See u Mahal ko!
I have same question too, did anyone answer you po salamat po
ito po nabasa ko sa handbook, plan ko din po sna irenew pro hindi nman po required

• Send a Nursing Registration Form to each nursing authority, including Canadian authorities, where you obtained a licence/registration (even if the licence is no longer active). Ask them to complete the form and send it by mail or courier directly to NNAS