+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NNAS PINOYS

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
Hello!

has anyone here started processing their NNAS applications with PRC? how did you go about it? how long did it take?

thanks

zzzjh

Sep 28, 2015
I started the NNAS application Dec 2014 (PRC), and just got the NNAS advisory report this morning, as expected, that the result shows all "not comparable". They spent one year in the evaluation and made some mistakes in my school name, and full time education was changed as part time study, self-learning. I called NNAS to point out their mistake, the staff said it does not matter, as it is not important. I asked that what "not comparable means for my registration?" He said it did not mean that I am qualified or not, but up the CNO to make the decision. I did not understand the evaluation at all. NNAS answer did not make sense as well.

If there is anyone got "not comparable", and still got positive decision from CNO so far? Let us keep fingers crossed to it!

Reactions: monicool6

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
zzzjh said:
I started the NNAS application Dec 2014 (PRC), and just got the NNAS advisory report this morning, as expected, that the result shows all "not comparable". They spent one year in the evaluation and made some mistakes in my school name, and full time education was changed as part time study, self-learning. I called NNAS to point out their mistake, the staff said it does not matter, as it is not important. I asked that what "not comparable means for my registration?" He said it did not mean that I am qualified or not, but up the CNO to make the decision. I did not understand the evaluation at all. NNAS answer did not make sense as well.

If there is anyone got "not comparable", and still got positive decision from CNO so far? Let us keep fingers crossed to it!
i guess it is really true then that NNAS is a pain in the ass

i am due to go to PRC this coming Monday, is it a one-day process? I will be coming from Pampanga ..

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
KristelB said:
Hi I received a not comparable NNAS report too just last week,I dont know what it means too
Maybe refresher course? Waiting pa ng ielts result ang saken eh

Fabio David

Sep 15, 2015
KristelB said:
Hi I received a not comparable NNAS report too just last week,I dont know what it means too
It means that our BSN program does not match with Canadian's. SEC/OSCE will be required to determine gaps of our knowledge. After which, the regulatory boards recommend the appropriate courses/length of study to fill that knowledge gap. Seen the Canadian BSN program, it does not match ours in PH. Their program is very comprehensive.

Fabio David

Sep 15, 2015
Did anyone do the SEC/OSCE after the NNAS and CARNA application? Please include details of your past clinical experience, education (eg. BSN, MN, MSN, MAN PhD etc), licenses (PH, USRN, etc). Thanks! :)

Dec 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Fabio David said:
Did anyone do the SEC/OSCE after the NNAS and CARNA application? Please include details of your past clinical experience, education (eg. BSN, MN, MSN, MAN PhD etc), licenses (PH, USRN, etc). Thanks! :)
Have you started your nnas application already?thanks

Skyfl4kes

Jan 11, 2016
Hi Guys! I am an internationally educated nurse that is aspiring to get a license in Canada under PN. The National Nursing Assessment Service or NNAS just released the result of my assessment after almost a year, and the result was "not comparable", and it is because the school that I came from in the Philippines wasn't able to provide a detailed course description, the NNAS advised me to contact my school and ask for the course syllabi/syllabus instead of the description as the course description is very brief. Now the catch is, my school doesn't want to give the course syllabus because it is a "school property" according to them.

My question is... is it advisable to continue applying to CNO having the "not comparable" result? Is there anyone here that got "not comparable" result as well and push through with the application? What is the outcome? Thanks! ;D

kath88

Nov 27, 2015
Skyfl4kes said:
Hi Guys! I am an internationally educated nurse that is aspiring to get a license in Canada under PN. The National Nursing Assessment Service or NNAS just released the result of my assessment after almost a year, and the result was "not comparable", and it is because the school that I came from in the Philippines wasn't able to provide a detailed course description, the NNAS advised me to contact my school and ask for the course syllabi/syllabus instead of the description as the course description is very brief. Now the catch is, my school doesn't want to give the course syllabus because it is a "school property" according to them.

My question is... is it advisable to continue applying to CNO having the "not comparable" result? Is there anyone here that got "not comparable" result as well and push through with the application? What is the outcome? Thanks! ;D

You definitely should go and apply to CNO after the advisory report from NNAS. "Not Comparable" report is basically: Philippines nsg education is not comparable to Canada nsg education. So go and apply to CNO. They will decide, not NNAS.

Sindi1234

Feb 15, 2015
Based on what i read in this thread, most filipinos received the result of 'not comparable' because of our nursing education. Is there anything you can suggest or recommend on the future applicants of NNAS for them to have positive result? Please share especially those who already had result.

Thank you

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Filipinos receiving 'Not Comparable' result from NNAS is not surprising given the different caliber of education of Canada from the Philippines.

As far as I know the next step to this roadblock is to get assessed by the licensing body of the province intended to be settled in where most likely the result will be additional education such as bridging programs at the very least.

Apart from this I don't know any other best approach.

Let's keep bumping this thread up, hopefully someone who knows about this stumbles along.

sk87

Oct 1, 2015
Hi All,

Please help me, I received my NNAS report today and its say "somewhat comparable" as i want to apply for LPN in CNO Ontario. its seems like i am not eligible and go to school right ?

do i need to contact ontario licensed body but not sure if they ask me to do some bridge program.

Please advise,if someone had same experience?

Please help,

Thks,

SK

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
sk87 said:
Hi All,

Please help me, I received my NNAS report today and its say "somewhat comparable" as i want to apply for LPN in CNO Ontario. its seems like i am not eligible and go to school right ?

do i need to contact ontario licensed body but not sure if they ask me to do some bridge program.

Please advise,if someone had same experience?

Please help,

Thks,

SK
I think you can ask NNAS themselves on the next step. But yes if you want to be a LPN in ON then contact the CNO and start asking their requirements.

They most probably will require you to take additional education/bridging but there's really no way around this. Though I think education/bridging requirements for LPN will be less extensive than RNs.

Hope this helps.