Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Quick help please. I just got PPR and they are requesting police certificate. The problem is I am not in Nigeria. Can anyone advise how I can get this to be able to beat 15 days ultimatum given. I know from experience, CID Ikoyi requests for finger print and this can be done on paper and sent. But I'm afraid if I do courier to and fro from here I'll not meet the 15 days to submit.
Can they wave this finger print? Please respond ASAP if you have experience. Thanks

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
egbe said:
Quick help please. I just got PPR and they are requesting police certificate. The problem is I am not in Nigeria. Can anyone advise how I can get this to be able to beat 15 days ultimatum given. I know from experience, CID Ikoyi requests for finger print and this can be done on paper and sent. But I'm afraid if I do courier to and fro from here I'll not meet the 15 days to submit.
Can they wave this finger print? Please respond ASAP if you have experience. Thanks
I have replied to your comment on other thread

nosike

Nov 14, 2013
Robindepiper said:
For those needing to book one-way tickets to Canada, you may have found out that they are crazily expensive except for the Gulf carriers. There may still be those who fall within the category of people that will choose not to go with the Gulf carriers because of longer flight times, longer waiting times, more than one stop or connecting flight, possible transit through the US which means requiring transit visas and collecting your entire luggage to re-check them in again at your first port of entry in the US. Many of those traveling with children will fall within this category.

Well, if you see yourself in the above list, you can use the "cunnie-man-die cunnie-man-bury-am" method that we used.

Benchmark: Emirates 1-way ticket for my family size ($4,161.20). Number of stops before destination: 2, Passing thru the US (Ideal Cost of Transit visa @ $160/person X 5 = $800), much longer flight time, etc. Total = $4,961.20.
KLM 1-way ticket (8,500.58). Number of stops before destination: 1. All European/American carriers checked at the time were slightly higher than this price.
KLM 2-way ticket (6,813.56). Cheaper than one-way ticket, sounds stupid but true. Number of stops before destination: 1. All European/American carriers checked at this time were slightly higher than this price.

Cunnie-man method: Used Multi-city page to book Lagos-Amsterdam-Calgary-London ($4,950). 1 Stop, no transit visa required. Don't ask me why this is way cheaper than the one-way ticket that does not include a London leg, but we plan to generously dash them the Calgary-London leg of the trip. :p

Cunnie-man-die cunnie-man-bury-am. :p

Hope this analysis helps someone out there.
Greetings my People
Please, has any body used the Multi City option for flight booking?
This option seems to be cheaper than others
I want to know if there are disadvantages in it.
Does the airlines demand for visa to all the cities indicated?

Thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nosike said:
Greetings my People
Please, has any body used the Multi City option for flight booking?
This option seems to be cheaper than others
I want to know if there are disadvantages in it.
Does the airlines demand for visa to all the cities indicated?

Thanks

Well, I think the people that used it in the past should be able to answer your question but I believe that the major difference will be longer time of getting to your destination if you use multi city option. Maybe that is why it is cheaper compared to others.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Well, I think the people that used it in the past should be able to answer your question but I believe that the major difference will be longer time of getting to your destination if you use multi city option. Maybe that is why it is cheaper compared to others.
Hi bro, you are quite right the journey gets longer due to the transit time spent at multi city points. If passing thru America, you will definitely need US visa even if you are only staying in the airport and not going out. If you don't have american visa, avoid booking any flight that will pass through an American city.

Your best bet for cheap flights are Turkish, Egypt, Ethiopian etc. Ofcourse you are free to check out the European airlines as well, cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/enewsletter/index.asp?utm_source=ircc_newsletter_april2016&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic#budget

Latest edition – Spring 2016

This edition includes:
•Travelling to Canada by air? Important information travellers may need to know about Canada’s Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) requirement
•Budget 2016 announcement and what it means for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
•2017 immigration levels consultations on the horizon
•Did you know an online self-assessment language test can be taken before arriving to Canada?
•Resettling to Canada: Welcoming Syrian Refugees video
•Upcoming events and important dates

Visiting Canada? Important information travellers may need to know

Canada’s entry rules have changed and travellers may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or through Canada.

What is an eTA?

An eTA is an authorization certain travellers need to enter Canada by air. These travellers can apply for an eTA at Canada.ca/eTA using their passport and a credit card. An eTA costs only $7 CAD and it takes just a few minutes to apply. Once approved, an eTA is electronically linked to a traveller’s passport and is valid for five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. An eTA is for short-term stays for visitors, businesses or tourism.

Why do people need an eTA?

It allows us to check that travellers are admissible to enter Canada before they travel, which, in turn could facilitate their entry into Canada.

Who needs an eTA and when do they need it?

Since March 15, 2016, citizens from countries that normally do not need a visa to enter Canada are expected to have an eTA to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with valid visitor visas. However, until September 29, 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents such as a passport.

As of April 18, 2016, more than 700,000 eTAs have been issued and the number of applications continues to grow.

Associated links
•Learn more about eTA
•Apply for an eTA
•Get help with an eTA application
•YouTube: Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): What you need to know

Budget 2016: What it means for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

On March 22, the Minister of Finance, Bill Morneau, tabled the federal budget 2016 Growing the Middle Class. Budget 2016 recognizes how vital newcomers are to Canadian society and the Canadian economy. The Budget also highlights the importance of family reunification and a continued commitment to assisting Syrian refugees.

So what does the tabling of Budget 2016 exactly mean for IRCC? Here is a snapshot:

Expanding immigration

Budget 2016 allocates $54.3 million to IRCC over three years to support IRCC’s target levels goal of 300,000 permanent resident admissions. This funding is dedicated to support comprehensive settlement services and programs, and processing of new permanent residents. The 2016 target levels represent a seven percent increase over the 2015 target levels.

Expanding Canada’s intake of Syrian refugees

The Budget includes the commitment to bring in an additional 10,000 Syrian refugees over the course of 2016 to meet the Government of Canada’s commitment of 25,000 government-assisted refugees. Additionally, Budget 2016 proposes to provide $245 million dedicated for the identification, transportation and resettlement of the additional 10,000 refugees over five years starting in 2016‒2017.

Reducing application processing times

Budget 2016 is also committed to quicker family reunification by supporting faster processing times for family sponsorship. In efforts to achieve this objective, IRCC will receive $25 million in 2016‒2017 to support reducing application processing times and shortening wait times.

Budget 2016 underscores that “Canada’s immigration system works best when it strikes a balance between Canada’s economic needs and Canadians’ core values of compassion and opportunity for all.” The above immigration-related commitments reinforce IRCC’s continued dedication to improve processes and service to clients and Canadians.

Check out the associated links below to learn more about Budget 2016.

Associated links
•Learn more about the Budget 2016 Plan
•YouTube: Restoring Hope for the Middle Class—Budget 2016

2017 immigration levels consultations on the horizon: striving for higher permanent resident admissions

Canada’s current target levels for permanent resident admission are the highest in recent history. The Government of Canada is now preparing to launch consultations on 2017 immigration levels and multi-year levels planning.

Immigration levels planning consultations occur every year to gather feedback from the public and stakeholders on setting immigration levels to Canada.

Stay tuned and have your ideas ready. Consultations are expected to take place in Summer 2016.

Did you know...?

Before arriving to Canada, individuals can take an online self-assessment language test. The self-assessment language test gives individuals an idea of their language level. Permanent residents and protected persons can take language classes funded by the Government of Canada, available at no cost.

IRCC feature video

The IRCC video team produces dozens of videos each year. We will highlight one of their many great productions in each newsletter issue.

In this issue, we bring you the Resettling to Canada: Welcoming Syrian Refugees video.

Syrian refugees are beginning to settle in Canada with the help of organizations like COSTI Immigration Services, funded by the Government of Canada. Reception centres provide refugees with access to health and counselling services, and orientation sessions that prepare them to find new jobs. Children can attend the art therapy sessions to help them cope with post-traumatic stress.

Upcoming events and important dates

In this section of our newsletter, we present a selection of special upcoming events and national celebrations.

On May 18, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will offer an apology in the House of Commons for the Komagata Maru incident.

June 20 is World Refugee Day. It is a day to commemorate the strength, courage and resilience of millions of refugees.

June 21 is National Aboriginal Day. It is a day to celebrate the unique heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in Canada.

Have you experienced or attended a Canadian Citizenship Ceremony? Citizenship ceremonies occur across Canada and are open to the public to attend. Witness the last step to becoming a Canadian citizen by finding a citizenship ceremony!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/maximum-number-of-sinp-applications

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Please can anyone tell me the immigration medical test days in PRIME Consultant in Port Harcourt. Also, apart from the medical form, what should one go with and what is medical test cost?
Thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egbe said:
Please can anyone tell me the immigration medical test days in PRIME Consultant in Port Harcourt. Also, apart from the medical form, what should one go with and what is medical test cost?
Thanks

Medical exam for permanent residents

If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your dependants must also have a medical exam, even if they are not coming with you.
Medical exam instructions

Your own doctor cannot do the medical exam. You must see a doctor on the list of panel physicians.

The panel physician will do a complete medical exam and may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam has been completed, the physician will send the results to CIC.

The panel physician does not make the final decision about your medical exam. CIC makes that decision. If there is a problem with your medical exam, the visa office will contact you in writing.

When you go to your appointment, you must bring:

proper identification (you will need at least one document with your photograph and signature, such as a passport, driver’s licence or national identity card)
eye glasses or contact lenses, if you wear them
any medical reports or test results that you have regarding previous or existing medical conditions, and
the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you do not undergo an up-front medical exam. The visa office will send you this form.

You may have to bring:

Four recent photographs. You will need to bring these only if the doctor you select from the list of panel physicians does not work with CIC via the eMedical electronic system. Please check with the doctor’s office when you book your appointment.

Note: It is important that you tell the doctor about any previous or existing medical conditions. Processing your medical exam could take longer if you do not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egbe said:
Thanks

This is the information for Port Harcourt center :

City: Port-Harcourt
Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688
Spoken Languages: English.

Call them for more information.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For landed immigrant, i will advice us to request for our GCMS note. I am already over a year and i without payment requested for my GCMS note. This is my first time of seeing how it look. It was really interesting going through it as it has everything that happened when i applied. It even stated the airports that i landed when coming to Canada and my current residence.

One of the reasons to cross check it is to ensure the accuracy of all information that they have about you. Any error can still be corrected because of future purposes to avoid any implication whatsover.

bankeayo

Jul 2, 2016
hello my nija people,im new on this forum and i need step by step help on how to go about migrating my family to canada,pls put me through,is there any wassap connection or something of sort pls?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
bankeayo said:
hello my nija people,im new on this forum and i need step by step help on how to go about migrating my family to canada,pls put me through,is there any wassap connection or something of sort pls?
Hi, study the information at this link to understand the process, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/

Follow the conversations at this section of the forum, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-expression-of-interest-b54.0/

All the best ahead.

meet007

Jul 5, 2016
Hi, I am Indian and currently living in India. I need PCC from Gabon, Cameroon and Nigeria, can somebody guide m ho to get this PCC please.